Name:

Vassar

Male

7 years

Tribe:

Yami

Warrior

Personality:

A playful pup, Vassar has retained this characteristic. He likes to trick other animals, and he especially enjoys leading them into verbal or mental traps. He's never been evil, he's just inclined to be a trifle thoughtless. For example, while he's having fun, he can't imagine why anyone else isn't having fun. Unless, of course, they tell him. Bluntly.

Associating with his pack-mates has left him even more unfeeling. But he still does not enjoy killing other wolves. Wounding and maiming, on the other hand, are perfectly acceptable goals for him. He still won't harm his family, however. He is a loyal servant to Kuro, even if he does speak with a slightly mocking tone of voice. In fact, it's always difficult to tell if he's being serious or telling the truth, from the sardonic the way he speaks and the sinister expressions he makes.

He is turned off by excessive blood-lust. However, a rough and tumble game of tag or hide and seek that gets a little bitey is just his thing. It's not a conscious decision on his part, but he is always waiting in the wings whenever there's an opening in the ranks above him. That is, he's always interested in advancing his place in the pack, but it's more instinctive than thoughtful plotting.

Main Element:

Electricity

Art of Your Wolf:

pencil+colored pencil drawing by me

Brief (or not) History:

Born in the the Hakari Tribe, Vassar was considered to be a promising young wolf. It was true, his parents admitted, he had a strong sense of mishief, but there was no real harm in him. Pushing him ever further was another young puppy named Ralshan, who was disciplined and serious. Ralshan was Vassar's primary competitor and self-appointed nemesis. As they grew older, their competition increased, and their rivalry for a coveted high-ranking warrior position troubled the tribe. Ralshan, the first to undergo the exams for the position, ran away after they were completed, running straight into Vassar, who was practicing and studying some distance from the noisy pack life. There Ralshan admitted to his life-long rival that he had failed, meaning Vassar would win by default. Ralshan announced his intention of joining the Yami Tribe.

Realizing the danger posed to his family and friends by having Ralshan turn traitor, Vassar challenged him to a battle. Fueled by the grudges and latent hatred of years, both wolves reached a point of no return. Vassar, the greater warrior, killed Ralshan in the heat of battle. But when he returned to his tribe with his story, no wolf would believe him. No one believed Ralshan would turn against them. Rather, they thought it more likely that the mischievious Vassar had turned to evil, and chased him out of the tribe. Only Vassar's immediate family took the part of their son and member, including his younger sister Berenice. Taking Ralshan's skull as a trophy, Vassar wore it until he reached the Yami Tribe's land, where he was welcomed as a traitor and a warrior. He still harbors fond feelings towards his sister, though.

While not truly evil in any sense of the word, Vassar's relaxed attitude and forgiving spirit allowed him to live in harmony with his new packmates. He harbors enough of a grudge against his old pack-mates to take them on in battle, but he does not kill with pleasure. The trophies on his wolf skull have meaning: they represent his swiftness and cleverness. Only a swift wolf could kill a bird, only a clever one could hunt the small animals who must live by their wits. He puts each tail he considers asthetically pleasing on the back of his wolf skull, creating a sort of multi-colored mane.

Finally designed a character by myself and for myself that I actually really, really like:
Ouchmyeyes says Hi!

Oh gosh what was I thinking...

Character Clearance+Giveaway! Looking for da points

Character thread (wip) + sales design sales
Nimaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me