Postby Nimaine » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:13 am

Name:

Adonis/Athoni - it's pronounced Athoni but spelt Adonis

Age (at most 400):

male

Element:

psychic

Personality:

Adonis loves beauty for his own sake. He likes to take the time to do things well. If rushed or hurried, he becomes uncomfortable and irritable. Adonis also prefers that others take their time to do things well. He is very scornful of slapped-together jobs, even if they work.

Adonis is fussy about his appearance and rather attached to minerals (crystals are a type of mineral, but not all minerals are crystals). He doesn' walk unless he's sick or injured, he struts instead. Self-confidence pours out of his ears. Despite this, he prefers not to be "friends" with another saber unless he's known the saber for a while. Yes, he can read minds, but because of this, he knows how quickly they can change, and how little you can trust stream-of-conscienceness thoughts.

Adonis is very kind and protective towards those he loves. But even this can't stop him from blurting out responses to their thoughts, even if they did not mean to say anything about the subject out loud. Hunting has always been more stressful to him since he can hear the thoughts of his prey- even the final ones. Fortunately for his continued health, he can also feel the pains of hunger in his stomach. This means he likes to steal prey, if possible. Or even better, have it gifted to him.

Attacks:

Mind reading is more passive-aggressive than a real attack, but it can still be used with a vicious purpose. Adonis uses it in battle to give himself an advantage over his enemies. Otherwise, fangs and claws are used to good purpose.

Telekinesis is very useful in battle, but the only time Adonis tried to pick up a saber-sized object with his mind he got a fever for the next three weeks and besides, the saber only got six inches of the ground. Since then, he's restricted his telekinesis to small objects like twigs, pebbles, and sand. He throws thorny twigs or dust into the eyes and faces of his battle opponents.

Armor type (silver, gold or bronze):

gold- even though this is the weak, malleable metal, Adonis loves it for its shiny-ness

Special Ability:

He has the ability to plant ideas in people's heads. You don't have to act on them, but they will nag you for weeks. Only if you do act upon them will they go away and leave you with that satisfied feeling. He can also read deep into the minds of nearby animals, and can always hear the stream-of-conscious thoughts from anyone nearby, or if he focuses, from a large area. Adonis can also do some small-scale telekinesis, and speak in people's minds, courtesy of telekinesis.

Story:

Adonis, only son of his parents, was spoiledd by his mother and always underestimated by his judgemental father. Yet they both loved him. Pushed by one parent and praised by the other, Adonis developed confidence and skill. He took lessons from another, older psychic saber in his childhood.

This saber taught him the importance of meditation, especially meditating on stones and rocks. Focusing his mind for long hours on a "boring" task helped Adonis become stronger as a psychic warrior. He would focus on whatever rock his instructor brought him, trying to become a rock himself, thinking and acting like one. He would become cold and immoveable, free of pain, free of fear, free of guilt, free of joy, free of pleasure, free of sadness.

Using this meditation as a starting point, he can easily jump into other's minds and retain an unbiased position. He also uses it during battle to ignore any wounds he recieves. For this reason, he especially loves minerals. Minerals are formed when lava too hot for the surface of the earth slowly, slowly cools into a giant chunk of one, pure substance. From this, Adonis can mentally draw on the heat and fire of the core, the slow stubborness of the cooling process, and the large size of the finished result. The effect is similar to a "placebo effect," he gains power because he believes he can (power of the mind is a pscychic specialty). He especially likes crystal minerals, like the amethyst he wears (it matches his stripes).

Finally designed a character by myself and for myself that I actually really, really like:
Ouchmyeyes says Hi!

Oh gosh what was I thinking...

Character Clearance+Giveaway! Looking for da points

Character thread (wip) + sales design sales
Nimaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me