Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Free adopt by Promicef

Artist Promicef [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Free adopt

Postby Promicef » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:50 pm

It's a free raffle!
Comment anything related to this creature(Such as what is its name and why it has this name, what will you do if you encounter it, short story related to it...) to adopt:3
Will pick a few days later ;)
she/them
Hello there!
Avatar is drawn by myself,and is me in Stardew Valley.
Art shop
Promicef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Free adopt

Postby znailien » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:15 pm

Their species is called an "Eye Walkers", they originate from the depths of forgotten trees, where only unusual and alien creatures wander freely. This Eye Walker in specific is named Key, as their naming system is whatever they look at first!

Their diets mainly consist of light rays from stars during the night and cold soil they burrow into during the day to stay cool.

(Might add more later for funsies!! I have so many ideassss (or eye-deas haha))

ImageImage
ZNAIL | HY/IT ! TH!!
adult || audhd || capricorn

ImageImageImage
znailien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FauxFeather » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

The Ocellus Ambula (I like the "Eye Walker" idea znailien came up with, so I'm gonna write like a botanist-explorer would), commonly known as "Eye Walkers" or "Toxic Bindweed" are curious flora, while many may be scared by their big, bright eye, which does serve as a biomimicry tactic to scare off predators, this species of plant only attacks when threatened. During Spring they bloom a wonderful mane of petals, each mane is unique to the plant, and the coloration varies per season and on the nutrients they have, much like how the hydrangea flower grows blue petals in acidic soil. Toxic Bindweed earns its name from the blue coiling arteries which also serve as venom sacs, though pipes are a more accurate description. These venom sacs extend all the way into their thorn-like claws for which you need to get the antidote within 7-12 hours before it becomes fatal. Coincidentally, their seeds have a thin layer of highly concentrated antidote on the stamen of their tail. I've been studying this subject from a distance for the past week and finally saw it has a carnivorous diet aside from sunlight and burrowing its trunk-like stems in the soil. It seems their eye also secretes nectar with a powerful, sweet smell that attracts insects, much like a Drosera such as the Sundew or Venus Flytrap. And the two leaves on the side of its head close over the eye as it dissolves the insects and consumes their nutrients, cleaning any residue in the eye by crying afterward. I've chosen to name this subject Viana due to its graceful nature and beauty. Lately this area has been struggling to flourish due to the drought, so I'm thinking of approaching it with a muddy loam-based fertilizer to see if that will help the petals grow in.
…ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ.. Image Image #LOVEBERKSHIRE (collecting ≠ hoarding)

I wanna collect all pets from 2014 onwards, and all rats from every year.
Give me advice/feedback/criticism on my art!!
Fun fact (I'm freaking hilarious)
also click these stamps for a stamp guide.
ImageImageImageImage

Do NOT trade me. I am on a CS break for the foreseeable future. I shall only log on for finishing my current pending commissions on Oekaki, do NOT send me trades.
Update: I won't be on for longer than I thought.
FauxFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Promicef » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:45 am

Boop
she/them
Hello there!
Art shop
Promicef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Promicef » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:10 am

Boop
she/them
Hello there!
Art shop
Promicef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Promicef » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:40 pm

Boop
she/them
Hello there!
Art shop
Promicef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:41 pm

I think he’d be fun in a DnD campaign where he’s an NPC controlled by the DM and only able to be seen by one PC, who’s known the creature all their life. The creature can’t/doesn’t affect the world at large unless the dm wants to make them an extension of something larger, and the player doesn’t know if the creature is good or bad. The creature has advantage on persuasion/intimidation rolls against the PC.
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Promicef » Fri May 10, 2024 1:38 pm

znailien wrote:Their species is called an "Eye Walkers", they originate from the depths of forgotten trees, where only unusual and alien creatures wander freely. This Eye Walker in specific is named Key, as their naming system is whatever they look at first!

Their diets mainly consist of light rays from stars during the night and cold soil they burrow into during the day to stay cool.

(Might add more later for funsies!! I have so many ideassss (or eye-deas haha))

FauxFeather wrote:The Ocellus Ambula (I like the "Eye Walker" idea znailien came up with, so I'm gonna write like a botanist-explorer would), commonly known as "Eye Walkers" or "Toxic Bindweed" are curious flora, while many may be scared by their big, bright eye, which does serve as a biomimicry tactic to scare off predators, this species of plant only attacks when threatened. During Spring they bloom a wonderful mane of petals, each mane is unique to the plant, and the coloration varies per season and on the nutrients they have, much like how the hydrangea flower grows blue petals in acidic soil. Toxic Bindweed earns its name from the blue coiling arteries which also serve as venom sacs, though pipes are a more accurate description. These venom sacs extend all the way into their thorn-like claws for which you need to get the antidote within 7-12 hours before it becomes fatal. Coincidentally, their seeds have a thin layer of highly concentrated antidote on the stamen of their tail. I've been studying this subject from a distance for the past week and finally saw it has a carnivorous diet aside from sunlight and burrowing its trunk-like stems in the soil. It seems their eye also secretes nectar with a powerful, sweet smell that attracts insects, much like a Drosera such as the Sundew or Venus Flytrap. And the two leaves on the side of its head close over the eye as it dissolves the insects and consumes their nutrients, cleaning any residue in the eye by crying afterward. I've chosen to name this subject Viana due to its graceful nature and beauty. Lately this area has been struggling to flourish due to the drought, so I'm thinking of approaching it with a muddy loam-based fertilizer to see if that will help the petals grow in.

These two are all very interesting! If you'd like to you can share your settings together!
I'll add you both if you two all agree:3
she/them
Hello there!
Art shop
Promicef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby znailien » Fri May 10, 2024 4:20 pm

Promicef wrote:These two are all very interesting! If you'd like to you can share your settings together!

Going into this I was assuming one person would own the character, so I think sharing them would be a bit messy management wise. I'm a bit confused. ^^;

ImageImage
ZNAIL | HY/IT ! TH!!
adult || audhd || capricorn

ImageImageImage
znailien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Promicef » Fri May 10, 2024 4:23 pm

znailien wrote:
Promicef wrote:These two are all very interesting! If you'd like to you can share your settings together!

Going into this I was assuming one person would own the character, so I think sharing them would be a bit messy management wise. I'm a bit confused. ^^;

Okay! I'll only add you instead.
she/them
Hello there!
Art shop
Promicef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me