Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

kitties yippee yippee by sodafarts

Artist sodafarts [gallery]
Time spent 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
35 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

kitties yippee yippee

Postby sodafarts » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:21 pm

this serves as vent + announcing that i got a new kitten LOL
ive had knives (the black cat) since nov 2022 & have always wanted a 2nd cat but i rly wanted a lynx point eeee <3
then a couple weeks ago i was getting more wet food for knives at petsmart n boom there was a lynx point kitten there from a rescue!!
literally applied on the spot n took him home 10 mins later LOL
it felt rushed but also i'd been looking for another cat for like over a year so??? not really rushed
his name at the shelter was lewis but i hate that so soso so much so im still thinking of a new name for him </3

anyways it was just a super annoying day at work w super stupid annoying customer
which sucked bc everything up until that point was AWESOME like we were busy, my fav regulars came in, havin a good time
basically a tiny little bug flew into her food....45 mins after it was served...
she "ate" the bug yet had it in her hand, still crawling, to show me???? so then she wanted all of her food for free
i happily offered her a discount even tho we cant control if a bug flies into ur food (she was next to the door)
like pay attention to ur food maybe??? or eat it faster idk??? in my 4 years ow wokring at this place ive never had a bug in food
esp a little black beetle lookin thing??? she kept calling it a ladybug n i was like omg u are testing me u dumb freaking woman.....
BUT i am awesome & possess empathy so i was like YES i get that it sucks regardless to find a bug on ur plate so i was like yea i will get u a discount on that dw!! n she was like "no hehe im getting it fully comped <3"
like didnt even ask.....she TOLD me it would be free?? she also ate 3/4 of her food w no issue so i was like ur gonna have to pay for at least half of that???.....
n it was one of those beetles that lives in clothes so it prob fell off of HER OWN OLD CLOTHES she was wearing bc ive never seen a bug like that??? anywhere??
n i didnt have time to explain what happened so the guy on register GAVE IT TO HER FOR FREE
i really wanted to check the cameras bc the more i thought abt it the more it didnt really add up
she happened to take the bite w a bug right as i walked over to check on them?? after 45 mins??
& she didnt crush that teeny tiny bug when she took a bite?? (she said she spit it out from her mouth)
also it def wasnt cooked in the food bc a) we dont have bugs, b) it would have been on the grill and DIED like hello??? & c) she had her food for like 45 mins before she "found" the bug so if it was alive....u woulda noticed before then while eating
she even acknowledged it prob flew into her food way after it was served....but STILL refused to pay for any of it
i was so mad i had to walk away & i dont remember a time a customer made me that mad. so i left early LOL
i made it clear to all my coworkers that if she comes back again i personally will be refusing her service <333
lowkey hope she DOES come back bc i would absolutely LOVE nothing more than to make a scene of it all if she has a problem w that (apparently shes a regular) <333
legit ruined my entire day until i got home n saw my kitties n i was like yayyyy kitties life is worth living again <33
shoutout to my cats they are so perfect n evil n soft they are my besties muah <333
even tho they still dont get along & cant be alone together n the kitten still doesnt have a name </3

tbh describing the whole situation sounds like "omg year u shoulda comped it thats gross!!!!!"
but like....we literally cannot control if a bug flies in while the door is open. thats nature baby
if its 45 mins after it leaves the kitchen sorry girl but that is on YOU to keep an eye on ur food

anyways i hope that bug was mildly poisonous n that she ingested some n that her stomach feels awful tonight
hi i am soda/eli :-)

mostly inactive these days </333 but hanging around to draw occasionally

she/they idc - intp - capricorn ☼ aries ☾ libra ⇡ - adult - usa

main interests: MY CATS, dorohedoro, chainsaw man, soul eater, tbhk, adventure time, kingdom hearts, OFF, genshin impact, okami, devilman crybaby, berserk, welcome to night vale, atla, studio ghibli, vocaloid, wacky music, gross stuff, cooking, learning languages

https://kevan.org/johari?name=sodafarts <-- hi everyone how would u describe me :')
sodafarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kitties yippee yippee

Postby AbiNormality » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:25 pm

The nerve of some people...congrats in the new bebe!!! Love the art! Very lovely style! ❤️

ImageImage

ImageImage
AbiNormality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sodafarts » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:48 pm

AbiNormality wrote:The nerve of some people...congrats in the new bebe!!! Love the art! Very lovely style! ❤️

for real 😭 fortunately most of our customers are super awesome!! it’s just the rotten like 3% that gets under my skin lol
& tyyyy ahhh!! i feel like i’ve been stagnant w art for so long it’s nice to get back into it a little :’)

main interests: MY CATS, dorohedoro, chainsaw man, soul eater, tbhk, adventure time, kingdom hearts, OFF, genshin impact, okami, devilman crybaby, berserk, welcome to night vale, atla, studio ghibli, vocaloid, wacky music, gross stuff, cooking, learning languages

https://kevan.org/johari?name=sodafarts <-- hi everyone how would u describe me :')
sodafarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AbiNormality » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:56 pm

I don't miss working a normal job it's always that tiny percent of turds that ruine a good day.

I've been struggling with that as well so saaaaame

ImageImage

ImageImage
AbiNormality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catra » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:59 pm

ugh so sorry abt the day you had!! it's so frustrating :{

but, i really love your art!! kitties yippeeeee!
╭──────────.★..─╮
.˳·˖✶𓆩𓁺𓆪✶˖·˳.

just here to be silly :3
eli ~ adult ~ EST

feel free to say hello!

.˳·˖✶𓆩𓁺𓆪✶˖·˳.
╰─..★.───────────────╯
catra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tifa » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:35 pm

ive missed your art sooooooooooo so much... also im sorry about that lady im going to put a bug in every dish she eats from now on

╔════════════♛════════════╗
    she/her - adult
    faves: signalis, genshin impact
    #1 arlecchino superfan
    ╚════════════♛════════════╝
    ╔════════════♛════════════╗
    art thread [artfight: THEKN4VE]
    current fav song
    ╚════════════♛════════════╝
tifa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axes » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:08 am

YAY SODA ART
I understand you so much tho. I work retail and the rotten customers ruin my day even if theres just one bad one and 100 good ones. I hope tomorrow is a happier day :')
    ===== if heaven is full of people, then=====
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ------ ADULT - ART - MINECRAFT - THEY/HE -----

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ==== it will be exactly the same as earth ====
axes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:08 am

lynx points!!! my baby cleo was a lynx point
also i am so sorry you have to work w people like that,,, i swear people will do the silliest most asinine things when they are allowed to get away w it so consistently

if youre open to name suggestions i think ur kitty could have a name to match knives!! like uhh. nunchucks or battleaxe lmao
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sodafarts » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:13 am

AbiNormality wrote:I don't miss working a normal job it's always that tiny percent of turds that ruine a good day.

I've been struggling with that as well so saaaaame

literallyyyyy im just so glad we dont get MORE than a few turds at least lol
jsut feels like the past few months ppl have been SIGNIFICANTLY worse n idk why

catra wrote:ugh so sorry abt the day you had!! it's so frustrating :{

but, i really love your art!! kitties yippeeeee!

thank youuuuu hehe they def make things more bearable!!!

tifa wrote:ive missed your art sooooooooooo so much... also im sorry about that lady im going to put a bug in every dish she eats from now on

RAHHHH CS USER TIFA IN THE BUILDING!!!!!
& good i will also do that, they will only be the most venomous Spiders. and Wasps. :3

axes wrote:YAY SODA ART
I understand you so much tho. I work retail and the rotten customers ruin my day even if theres just one bad one and 100 good ones. I hope tomorrow is a happier day :')

EEEEE THANK UUUU!!
& THATS EXACTLY HOW IT IS which is so annoying bc most customers really are great!!!
the next day was much better actually!!! just had some weirdddd customers (one requested all of her veggies to be uncooked.....including mushrooms & ZUCCHINI?!!? n she only ate the shell of her egg roll bc apparently thats what she always does. but she was super nice & we had an awesome convo so YAYAYAYYYY fine w me!!)

sobble wrote:lynx points!!! my baby cleo was a lynx point
also i am so sorry you have to work w people like that,,, i swear people will do the silliest most asinine things when they are allowed to get away w it so consistently

if youre open to name suggestions i think ur kitty could have a name to match knives!! like uhh. nunchucks or battleaxe lmao

ahhhh beautiful cleo girl!!! <3 a lynx point has been my dream cat frfr
i looked for one in local shelters for sooooo long, i rly feel like i was in the right place at just the right time!! <3
& wait nunchucks is super cool actually ASJDSJFGKDSK
literally the day after i posted this i was like "WAIT I THINK IM GONNA NAME HIM WOLF"
so i did LOL & now that is his official government name <33

sodafarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me