Vulx Entry! by DancingEevee

Based on Click to view
Artist DancingEevee [gallery]
Time spent 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Vulx Entry!

Postby DancingEevee » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:31 am

Omg I adore this species with all my heart. Tysm for the opportunity!

Username + ID#: DancingEevee
    Skulk archive: (optional, can be offsite)
    Name: ζαφείρι
    Pronouns: She/Her
    Traits
      - Hair tuft {Standard}
      - Heterochromatic eyes: 1 Mint, 1 baby blue {Uncommon}
      - Longer tail {Uncommon}
      - Small Horns {Common}
      - Glowing Markings {Rare}
      -
    Write about how you met your Volx!: (optional, may earn bonus rewards)
    Elysia was a planet we had long talked about in our interstellar travels. A world of glass and gold. Of unearthly light brighter and more beautiful than any human eye had beheld. The atmosphere, as we had come to learn, was tricky for our current ships to navigate. So it was a long few months before the correct modifications were made to our ship. Finally, it was finished! I was the lucky one chosen to board this craft that would land on this distantly ethereal planet along with four others. Not much was known about the potential life that could inhabit Elysia, so many precautions were taken and admittedly I was beyond anxious as the final countdown for liftoff sounded. We had visited other planets before that showed the promise of life, only to discover extremely hostile creatures. And unfortunately some brave astronauts had lost their lives in the name of science and exploration. I gazed at the row of plaques of some of these fallen heroes as we neared Elysia. Could I ever hope to be as brave as some of these people?
    "Time to strap in!" The commander's voice echoed over the coms.
    Immediately I turned and raced back to the main pod where my other fellow astronauts were already buckled. Quickly I sat and clicked myself in, swallowing back my anxiety. I watched out the front window as the aircraft began its descent, immediately noticing what looked like land below already. The descent was smoother than any of us could have ever anticipated and soon the land of this strange and glowing planet came into view.
    "Would you look at that!" One of my colleagues gasped as the fog cleared and the aircraft settled onto the strangely bioluminescent grass. We all sat in awe for a few moments, gazing around. It was more magnificent than words could ever describe and I was breathless with anxiety, excitement and anticipation, all at the same time!
    As we prepared for our walk, I couldn't stop looking out the window at a particular sight. It was too far away to tell but it almost looked like a creature of some kind.
    "Ready?"
    I nodded to my Commander who spoke, and the five of us stood together in our suits as the door lowered. Slowly we left our ship and looked around. But the fear quickly left me as awe set in. The creatures I thought I saw earlier now bounded into view and each of us stood transfigured. They were fox-like creatures with coats shimmering with stars and eyes dancing like the grass in the wind.
    "Who knew we'd find life that could look so similar to lifeforms on earth!" I marveled, the last traces of anxiety evaporating like dew on a sunny morning. I was the first to take a step forward, watching the fox-like creatures carefully.
    They didn't seem afraid at all and soon a group of them were encircling us. We stood still, waiting for what they would do, when one reached out and bumped my hand softly. The smile that overtook my face was huge and happiness washed over me. Not only were they curious, they were friendly! Soon the others were laughing with me as we watched these beautiful creatures. They seemed extremely intelligent and bonded with us quickly. But one in particular really caught my attention. This one seemed a bit more shy, but just as eager as the others to get to know us. I paid special attention to this one, learning its body language and cues to try to gain its trust. The strange orb in its ears and tail seemed to give it uncanny sensory abilities and they were so attuned to their environment. And to each other.
    For days, I would take my suit and go out on a walk to see these fox-like creatures as often as I could. I wanted to know everything about them, and it would seem they felt the same about us humans. The shy one grew more confident with me by the day and soon, to my delight, I was able to figure out this was a she-fox. Her muzzle was smaller and more narrow than the males and her mannerisms were more proper and dainty. I found myself growing extremely attached and soon each of us had one Volx, as we called them, that bonded to us more than the others. Almost like our soul mates, these Volx became bound to us by some unseen magical force. They became our guardians and our partners in our travels. My girl, ζαφείρι, as I called her, was no longer the shy little Volx I met that first day. She had grown into the strongest and bravest of all the Volxs, and I felt myself matching her confidence. She taught me something I will hold close to my heart for as long as I live. As I gazed into her beautiful heterochromia eyes and stroked her plush soft fur, I whispered,
    "Bravery is not the absence of fear. Being brave means pushing forward in spite of being afraid."

Last edited by DancingEevee on Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
"Hiya, I'm
DancingEevee!"

▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
Toyhou.se
Art Shop!
ULTIMATE DREAMIE:
UR Fennec Fox!
I also collect ALL Store Pets!
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
DancingEevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vulx Entry!

Postby cryptpuppy » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:53 am

Hello! Your traits for this volx will be randomly rolled so these traits aren't going to be official:
    Traits
    - Hair tuft {Standard}
    - Heterochromatic eyes: 1 Mint, 1 baby blue {common}
    - Longer tail {Uncommon}
    - Small Horns (head) {Common}
    - Glowing Markings {Rare}
X
X
X
X
X
X

cryptpuppy ✧ crypt ✧ he/they/sprout
〘 adult ✧ autistic 〙
current mood: working,,
1k c$ + OMGSR design contest
PWYW art shop

cryptpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DancingEevee » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm

Oo btw if you need a little palette inspiration, I love soft browns and grays with accents of Pastel blues and greens :3
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
"Hiya, I'm
DancingEevee!"

▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
Toyhou.se
Art Shop!
ULTIMATE DREAMIE:
UR Fennec Fox!
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
DancingEevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LavenderRain » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:05 am

Claiming! Please add me whenever you get the chance! ^^

Your Volx has rolled these three traits!
- short horns (head) (common)
- unnatural accents (small) (uncommon)
- heterochromia (common)

Your volx has also given you a Nebula Opal Sliver (1/7), an Etherial Bracelet, and a Celestial Orb Shard (1/5). The items can be traded or combined in the Marketplace!
Adult ▪ Female ▪ Married ▪ Image▪ Christian ▪ Sept. 14th ▪ Artist
Toyhouse DeviantArt DA Adopts CS Adopts

Completed my entire wishlist on 2/5/2024! :D

LavenderRain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DancingEevee » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:16 am

LavenderRain wrote:Claiming! Please add me whenever you get the chance! ^^

Your Volx has rolled these three traits!
- short horns (head) (common)
- unnatural accents (small) (uncommon)
- heterochromia (common)

Your volx has also given you a Nebula Opal Sliver (1/7), an Etherial Bracelet, and a Celestial Orb Shard (1/5). The items can be traded or combined in the Marketplace!

Added! I adore your designs, so I'm super excited to see how she turns out!
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
"Hiya, I'm
DancingEevee!"

▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
Toyhou.se
Art Shop!
ULTIMATE DREAMIE:
UR Fennec Fox!
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬
▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬