Special Genes by TheKiwiKat

Based on Click to view
Artist TheKiwiKat [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Special Genes

Postby TheKiwiKat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:30 am

Genes specific to these adopts once they’re finished!
1. Diluted Bay (reverse points. Black stockings, mane, and tail diluted. Only shows on bay but other color can carry the gene) Genetic marker will be DL (DLDL or DLn)

2. Ragged Striping (phenotypically a mix between brindle and zebra striping) Genetic marker will be S (SS or Sn)

3. Belt Tobiano (Tobiano that goes no further than the horse barrel. Can be smaller but will always be shaped like a belt) Genetic marker will be BT (BTBT or BTn)

4. Okapi (causes striping on butt and white legs. Also causes dilution on cheeks) Genetic Marker OKOK or OKok

5. High Point Bay (causes bay based horses to have their points reach farther. Muzzle black extends over the entire face and leg points extend up to the shoulders and flanks) Genetic marker A*

6. Vitiligo (can go on any base color. Causes white around the muzzle, eyes, and ears. In extreme causes shows along the legs (inner especially), rump, and withers

New Markings Created By The Community:

Inverted Tovero thought up by Inkiing - Tovero variation/no genotype
White mask over eyes and solid/no white on legs

Inverted Striping thought up by Kijauni - ISNisn or ISN/ISN
Can go on any base coat. Darker or black layer over the base then erased on the points (legs and face) and stripes erased in the shoulder area in minimal and over the shoulders, back, and butt in extreme cases. Ragged striping is dominant over other striping genes! Horses with ISN can carry but will not show other stripey genes such as ragged striping or zorse

Freckles thought up by Kijauni - similar to Birdcatcher spots so no specific genotype
Darker than base color. Does not show on black but can be carried! Bay based horses have freckles on the face and neck only. Red based horses will have it on their face and scattered on the legs and body

Hooded Appaloosa thought up by Violetglare - genetics will be LPlp
Similar to blanket Appaloosa but limited to the face and neck. Minimal may only be the face while extreme may reach down to the top of their shoulders

Barred thought up by Winter - BRBR or BRbr
3-5 “bars” on the back end of the body. Starting small and getting larger towards the hind end and merging into a “Snowcap” of sorts over the trailhead. Homozygous can be known to have thicker stripes while heterozygous are often much daintier/thinner

Sunspots thought up by Inkiing - SUNSUN or SUNsun
Similar to somatic mutation. Only comes in shades of chestnut and on ee/aa horses. Is always shaped like Overo without being lethal when homozygous. It’s an inverted Overo so the main color can be any base (excluding the chestnut Overo shaped area)

Reverse Roan thought up by Inkiing - RR or Rr
Roaning shows on lower legs and face and not on the main body whatsoever. Mane and tail are lightened as well

Mantle thought up by lady Lesednik- MAMA or MAma
Blaze that connects through the ears into a collar on the neck. Always has 4 white leg markings but can be a small as a coronet marking or as large as a full/ extended stocking. Minimal ver just has the blaze, collar, and 4 whites. Extreme versions can have belly white and at least 2 stockings that extend up to the flanks/armpits

Moonspots thought up by Blackhoeses - MOSMOS or MOSmos
Patches of spots that are slightly darker than base color. Cannot be on white markings must be under them
Last edited by TheKiwiKat on Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:40 am, edited 6 times in total.
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4920312
Join fog mountain Yukons! If you join and get your first Yukon, dm me and I’ll offer a free slot from one of my studs/mares to help boost your herd! :)
TheKiwiKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Special Genes

Postby birch. » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:13 pm

Mark ;3
birch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Special Genes

Postby kijauni » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:57 am

Mark

Last bumped by TheKiwiKat on Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:57 am.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

She/Her ◆ Member since 2010 ◆ IRL Busy
Dreaming off a full Pet + Item Collection
Pet WL before Hiatus: 12 pages; Pet WL after Hiatus: 46 pages
Item WL before Hiatus: 3 pages; Item WL after Hiatus: 10 pages
Find Me On ➸ LorWolf ➸ FRPfQ ➸ WD ➸ LD ➸ DV

Trade ThreadCollection ThreadOffsite Thread©

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
kijauni

My pets
My items
My wishlist