Based on Click to view
Artist Kemaistro [gallery]
Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

dragpnes

Postby Kemaistro » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:56 pm

so um liek im not no professional this is all stuff i just know i think
and i literlaly suck at explaining / way too vague abt this stuff cause i dont know how to go in detail
this is probably mostly my opinion and stuff too so :33

how to make dragons "----"

1, babies
if you wanna make dragons look more baby-ish i guess i think??? you wanna make them have a lot less developed stuff like less scales, horns, thorns or whatever those body horns are, and just more soft/rounded!! i can make baby dragons just by making them small/dumb looking c:

1.5, how do I make dragons.. dragon??
okay, so for some reason people LOVE making dragons have a TON of scales just everywhere (like those spike things on the side of their faces n such) so if you want them to look like one of those dragons then deffo try those out!! also dragons usually have wings/head horns like no matter what, if you dont wanna have wings thats fine, just might be abit difficult-er to pull off!! or if you want fluffy dragons its definitely possible!! just try and keep fluffy dragons still having some scales somewhere

2, long
just make them long i have no idea how else to explain it.. make them worm
and also make sure to have the limbs spaced out !! if theyre really long probably try out putting multi-limbs c:

3, more defined
so if you want more defined dragons you wanna mess with shapes and edges!! such as making them have more square/rounded snouts, depending on what you want them to come off as!!
(like sharp being more hostile, meaner, or more serious, literally anything like those!!) (and rounded being more nicer, passive/friendly, not really threatening!)
shapes also come in heavily for stylizing these dudes..
you should also try and defining everything just abit more, such as giving the jaws or heads more shape/personality (partially explained above)

4, stylized
so this all depends on the kind of culture tbh
like chinese dragons can have some sort of whiskers, thick/furry brows, sorta commonly have fur, and usually are longer then usual dragons, they also very commonly have these like.. spine horns/thorns on the entirety of the backs!
best way to see other stylized dragons is just by examining stuff abt the sort of dragon!
but if you generally want to stylize your dragons you can do so by adding specific shapes/patterns, specific traits, etc!

----

scales
so theres like.. a ton of different scales you can say
but generally, scales are very commonly covered by the entire body, including the face, etc. but also very commonly do people do like some, like sort of plated scale stuff only on the inner/bottom of the body! people very commonly also add face scales that go in like sorta a spike on the sides of the faces!

fire/smoke
so the fire can be about anything, and can be replaced with about anything!! you can be funky and make the smoke come out of the nostrils too cause thats cool :3
the fire can also just be any color, but most commonly would probably be red/blue fire!

wings
so wings can either be the entirety of the fore-arms or be seperated, and wings can either be translucent/fleshy, but also you can just go wild this is art for creativity sake.. people also do feathered/fluffy wings pretty commonly!
dragons DO not need wings btw.. but it does make it more recognizable as a dragon with wings!

so for other heres a small fewer things
horns+
horns can be any shape, ram/sheep shaped, spikes, curved/curly, antler-like, etc, BUT like every dragon has horns i think..can be de-horned if you wanna, probably should add horn nubs tho!! horns can be like any/everywhere, on the wings, tails, end of tails, etc
fur+
dragons deffo can be fluffy as much as you possibly want them to be fluffy, but usually dragons either only have manes, head fur, or fur at the ends of their tails, if they even have fur
claws+
dragons usually have claws, just as long as they have limbs! usually dragons dont have paws....

ALSO one more thing.. dragons are commonly heavily referenced off of dinosaurs/reptiles, so id recommend to use those for reference if you wanna start making some more original forms of dragons!!

if you want me to attempt to explain literally anything else ill try my best!! these are sorta fun :3
not completely fun cause i know this isnt really any good information, literally can get all of this off the internet in minutes probably
ImageImageImage
he/him mainly ^_^ Image
I allow all and any other pronouns though! that is including neopronouns/xenopronouns, don't be afraid to use any pronouns on me! :)

TRANSMASC! >_<
If you wanna conversate with me go ahead, pms+ are open and allowed! Image
do not roleplay with me /lh
Kemaistro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: dragpnes

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:05 am

Ohhh this makes so much sense, tysm for the help!! I really appreciate it <333
Just a tiny question: ears. Must they have ears, and how do I draw ears (I mean they can hear, right? So uhh)
had severe oekaki art block for a while, slowly trying to get back to doing comms- please let me know if i owe you art in case i forgot!! <3

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby valkyrie,, » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:00 am

this is such an awesome in-depth exploration!! the little guys are just so squishy <333

COOLDOGOOO wrote:Ohhh this makes so much sense, tysm for the help!! I really appreciate it <333
Just a tiny question: ears. Must they have ears, and how do I draw ears (I mean they can hear, right? So uhh)

i've seen dragons with and without ears! like my guy here has ears, but i know many others don't. i'd imagine the ones without visible ears would hear similar to a trex (or the modern chicken lol), where they just have a little hole in their head instead of an external thingy. it's typically hidden under feathers like a bird, or scales like a dragon, or some people just don't bother to draw it at all!
ImageImage
.....................┏━━━━━━━━━━◦♡◦━━━━━━━━━━━┓

------------ | 𝚜𝚑𝚎/𝚑𝚎𝚛 | 𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚛𝚝 | 𝚝𝚑 | -
.....................┗━━━━━━━━━━◦♡◦━━━━━━━━━━━┛
.......>>>𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚛𝚝/𝚌$! 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚎!<<<
valkyrie,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kemaistro » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:38 am

COOLDOGOOO wrote:Ohhh this makes so much sense, tysm for the help!! I really appreciate it <333

oh! yea forgot about those..
so ears on dragons can either like, horse-like ears, or literally just dog ears, all up to you tbh!! most dragons have like abit sharper/defined horse-shaped ears if they have any at all!! and if the dragon your making doesn't have visible ears itll mostly be holes in their faces sorta.. like beardies!! (example of a beardie) (the holes on the sides of the faces ARE the ears..wacky i know)

why people do sorta horse-ish, maybe even pig-like ears I have no clue, but its relatively common!
also the ears usually are where the side-face scale things are! or somewhere near the main 2 horn spots!

i also read valk's comment and yea!! seems about the same/very related as to my explanation! c:
ImageImageImage
he/him mainly ^_^ Image
I allow all and any other pronouns though! that is including neopronouns/xenopronouns, don't be afraid to use any pronouns on me! :)

TRANSMASC! >_<
If you wanna conversate with me go ahead, pms+ are open and allowed! Image
do not roleplay with me /lh
Kemaistro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nero1007 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:17 am

Oh, normally for me I haven’t seen many dragons without ears. Yeah it’s normally horselike ones either on top or more to the sides of the head/horizontal
She/Her
If I win any raffles or bid the highest on a character auction please message me or something because it’s highly likely I won’t end up seeing it
Check out my free base!
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4731505
And my current adopts:
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4774726
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4661052
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4678273
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4680273
I’ll always accept gifts from my wishlist! Also trade me please!
Trade Group: accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=7234101&userid=1007517
ImageImageImageImage Image
Nero1007

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:29 pm

valkyrie,, wrote:this is such an awesome in-depth exploration!! the little guys are just so squishy <333

i've seen dragons with and without ears! like my guy here has ears, but i know many others don't. i'd imagine the ones without visible ears would hear similar to a trex (or the modern chicken lol), where they just have a little hole in their head instead of an external thingy. it's typically hidden under feathers like a bird, or scales like a dragon, or some people just don't bother to draw it at all!

Kemaistro wrote:

oh! yea forgot about those..
so ears on dragons can either like, horse-like ears, or literally just dog ears, all up to you tbh!! most dragons have like abit sharper/defined horse-shaped ears if they have any at all!! and if the dragon your making doesn't have visible ears itll mostly be holes in their faces sorta.. like beardies!! (example of a beardie) (the holes on the sides of the faces ARE the ears..wacky i know)

why people do sorta horse-ish, maybe even pig-like ears I have no clue, but its relatively common!
also the ears usually are where the side-face scale things are! or somewhere near the main 2 horn spots!

i also read valk's comment and yea!! seems about the same/very related as to my explanation! c:

(oops not me seeing this 3 days later nope not at all lol)
ohhh kay that makes sense! thank u both so much <33
had severe oekaki art block for a while, slowly trying to get back to doing comms- please let me know if i owe you art in case i forgot!! <3

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes