Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

New Equine Species - Interest Check by KathrynKat

Artist KathrynKat [gallery]
Time spent 11 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 31
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

New Equine Species - Interest Check

Postby KathrynKat » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:22 pm

Interest Check?
I needed to do an equine species.

The species is born for Halloween but sadly no way it'll be able to open before Halloween. Instead being created and born this Halloween.
If I build a planet for Grelifcents and rebuild their lore a bit.. I might also place this new species on that planet. Not a certain thing though.

Skeleton Equine | Tundra | Aquatic | Cavern + Aquatic | Original

It's been decided to take this project slowly as I build a planet, rebuild Grelifcents and fit in these new species. I've got many projects and as all of us IRL things due to moving around and life changes. So all I can say is my goal is to have these up and ready for next Halloween! I can't promise it only can hope I string it all together as I also own multiple other species to run! Part are also in hiatus while I plan things out with my others. So this is why these aren't in any rush!
Last edited by KathrynKat on Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Equine Species - Interest Check

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:21 pm

Yes
Definitely interested
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡Lady Lesednik♡ » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:24 pm

How cool! I love the concept o: these would make a cute species
http://www.aywas.com/register/referral/33167/ Join Aywas! Aywas has customs, breeding, and an avatar for you to dress up!
♡Lady Lesednik♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:28 pm

KathrynKat wrote:Naming & Lore suggestions!!!
Everyone who drops some ideas will get a gift. The more I like your lore the greater the gift/prize!

Don't know what counts as lore, but maybe because their ears are so big they could move them around to fan away flies, and they'd use their tail the same way too of course.

Since they have fangs, they could eat meat, maybe just fish or smaller prey like squirrels and chipmunks. Or they could be like vampires but I don't know if you'd like that.

As for names...
Hallowhooves? Hallow-hooves
Hallowtrotters? Hallow-trotters

Trying to make it sound Halloweeny

Also, it would be cool to have them on the Grel planet. Although, I was imagining those being on earth. They'd have probably come from a different planet.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:37 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:
KathrynKat wrote:Naming & Lore suggestions!!!
Everyone who drops some ideas will get a gift. The more I like your lore the greater the gift/prize!

Don't know what counts as lore, but maybe because their ears are so big they could move them around to fan away flies, and they'd use their tail the same way too of course.

Since they have fangs, they could eat meat, maybe just fish or smaller prey like squirrels and chipmunks. Or they could be like vampires but I don't know if you'd like that.

As for names...
Hallowhooves? Hallow-hooves
Hallowtrotters? Hallow-trotters

Trying to make it sound Halloweeny

Also, it would be cool to have them on the Grel planet. Although, I was imagining those being on earth. They'd have probably come from a different planet.

When on planet, people woulda basically travel there, capture them, and transport them to Earth and then train and auction them off (Adopt out)
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more

KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:54 am

Ah, that makes sense.
Just thought of Samhain Equines as a possible name. I like it because when I say it in my head, it sounds to me like it rhymes, but if you end up liking that as a name you could change it to Samhain-equids or unhyphenated Samhain Squids instead.

I can't really come up with made up names...just things like what I just posted.

I want to suggest Gallaghers, but I feel like that's a species, or is too close to Gallingale (Gallingale striders or whatever they are).

Hmm...maybe you could name them after a deity? Idk, but there was a species named Eponas, named after some deity named Epona.

Edit: just looked some up and Sleipnir came up, which could be a cool sounding name. Sleipnirs. Anyway, I'm looking at other ones as well. Sarutahiko is a Japanese deity of horsemanship, so maybe Sarutahikos? Idk
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:32 am

This project for sure will be a very slow one. Usually sketching is a quicker project for me.
I might do translucent skin as a common trait or a mutation! So it'll for sure require me a LOT of time!

KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaju » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:23 am

for sure interested!! these look incredible <3