Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Ether Hares Adopts - Marking Welcome! by Inkeyu

Artist Inkeyu [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

Ether Hares Adopts - Marking Welcome!

Postby Inkeyu » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:29 am

Ether Hares
Eh-thur hayrz

Welcome! So you're interested
in an Ether Hare of your own?
Wonderful! Read below to learn about them
and to find out how to adopt one!

Rules:
1) Be respectful and follow all CS rules.
2) Follow all the rules for each adoption, as they will
change from one Hare to another.
3) Customs may be available at different times, so
make sure you look in the appropriate place.
4) Make sure to either put them in an existing adoptables thread,
or make a new one for the ones you adopt, or post here requesting I add you to the archive.
5) No trading or selling your Ether Hares! If there is a re-adoption,
trading, or selling event, then you may be allowed to transfer
ownership to someone else. DO NOT DO SO WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!
6) Upon receiving an Ether Hare, you MUST write out a story about the ritual you use to summon them.*
7) Check the Ritual Callendar for what to include in your summoning ritual story. YOU MUST ALWAYS INCLUDE ALL 3!!!*
Last edited by Inkeyu on Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Information

Postby Inkeyu » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:30 am

General Information

Ether Hares are a species from the same realm as the Flametail Hellunds; the spirit realm. Much like their vulpine realm-mates, Ether Hares are adopted in a very similar way, as they must be summoned to our realm with rituals and treats. They are primarily a rather small species, ranging from the size of a hedgehog to Flemish giant, with their average size being no larger than a wild cotton tail from our realm. Their temperament tends to be more on the social, affectionate side, though there are exceptions. They are herbivorous, though anything sweet that they would normally find in nature (fruits, honey, etc.) is fair game. Their appetites are enormous for their size, and so are nearly constantly eating. They are incredibly clean creatures as they do not produce excrement, leading scientists to believe that their stomachs may be dimensional portals of a sort. Ether hares tend to do the best when in social groups with other herbivorous creatures, though also get along very well with Flametail Hellunds, as they come from the same realm.
New information is being learned about them regularly, so check back every so often to see what new discoveries have been made!

Traits Information

Common
Short (regular) tail
Regular Ears
Floppy Ears
Plain coat patterns
Bone color/shade skull
Antler
Red/Orange/Yellow flame eyes

Uncommon:
Long tail
Short Ears
Singular color coat
Darker color/shade skull
Membrane wings
Back spikes
Pink/Fushia/Purple flame eyes
Minor line edits

Rare:
'Demon' Tail
Short ears
Complicated coat patterns
Bright color/shade skull
Feather Wings
*Faerie Wings
Body crystals
Blue/Green/Gray-scale flame eyes
Moderate line edits

Ultra Rare:
No tail
Melanism/Albinism
Glowing
*Body flames
*Long fur crest
Major Line Edits

Legendary:
Traits that do not already exist
Ghostly
"Dripping"
Highly magical
Redraw/position change

Scientists

Inkeyu - Lead Scientist

For Scientists

~ Please use the form provided below for adoptables
~ You may make 1 legendary EH per year, 1 rare per month. You may keep any legendary EH you make, but can only keep 1 rare every 3 months
~ You may not Sell any EH in any way

Code: Select all
[b][u]General Rarity Goes here[/u][/b]
Artist: (YOUR username here)
Username: (filled in by the person applying to adopt the EH)
Breeding Permissions: (Public, Permissions, Closed - chosen by the adoptee)
Traits Shown: (only the traits shown in the image)
Traits Carried: (traits that may be passed on to offspring but that don't show on this adopt)
Rarity: (equal to the highest rarity trait)
Ritual: (this is up to you what exactly you want to require, but it MUST be filled out in order for an adoption to be completed!)

* - Layers not made yet
Last edited by Inkeyu on Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding Information

Postby Inkeyu » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:31 am

Breeding Information
Ether Hares, while there are males and females, don't breed conventionally. Rather it doesn't matter their gender, they can 'breed' with any other EH. They are very easy to breed, and can breed much more frequently than their realm-mates the Flametail Hellunds.
When they are infants, they do not display any special traits aside from color, though you may be able to determine what traits they might have based on the traits their parents show and/or carry. They tend to grow very quickly, so it doesn't take long to see what traits they show.
When adopting any Ether Hare, you will be asked if you want your EH to be available for breeding Publically (anyone could ask for a breeding with that particular EH), with Permissions (anyone wishing to use your EH for a breeding must acquire your permission first), or Closed (they can not be used for breeding at all). Please keep in mind, to be able to choose "Closed", you must have a "Fixing Potion". Those will be available in the shop. Otherwise, you may choose to switch from Permissions to Public as often as you like, however you may only switch from Public to Permissions ONCE every THREE months.
A single breeding between two EH can produce between 2 and 7 offspring. Scientists (artists) may use a random number generator or D6 to determine how many will be produced from a single breeding (if it lands on 1, either reroll or count it as 2).
Ether Hares can be bred infinitely, so there's no worries about running out of breedings.
While it is Very rare, "Forever Young" Ether Hares do happen from time to time. If you own a FY, but wish them to become an adult, you may purchase a Growth Potion from the shop.

Publicly Available for Breeding

~~ None yet, coming soon! ~~
Last edited by Inkeyu on Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Special Ritual

Postby Inkeyu » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:32 am

Special Rituals

Special Rituals are essentially customs. There are different kinds of Special Ritual that can be 'performed', and they all differ from each other at least a little. Below you will find the information for each of the kinds.

Unique Summoning
Unique Summoning Rituals are currently the only way to get everything that you want in an Ether Hare. While they can be any rarity besides Legendary, as their rarities suggest, some are much more common than others. The more rare they are, the more intricate a ritual may be required to summon them. These such rituals can be done for you with the assistance of an Elder (or scientist) if they agree, and/or through the purchase and use of specific items.
Required items may be found (soon) in the shop, but it has not opened yet!

Alteration Ritual
Alteration Rituals are kinda a fun thing. Say you got an Ether Hare you adore, but there's something you would like to change about them. You can do an alteration ritual, with the required items, to make the change you'd like to see. This can be a trait change, some color changes, etc. Alteration Rituals MUST be done by the original scientist(artist)!

Event Rituals
Each event has different rules and guidelines, so be sure to read each event CAREFULLY before entering!
Last edited by Inkeyu on Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ether Hares Adopts - WIP! Please don't post yet!

Postby Inkeyu » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:51 pm

You are welcome to post to mark!
I will change this post when we're open and ready!

Last bumped by Inkeyu on Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:51 pm.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me