Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Fairytale Friesian Marking Contest by kiwipen

Based on Click to view
Artist kiwipen [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Fairytale Friesian Marking Contest

Postby kiwipen » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:16 am

Hello everyone! While Fairytale Friesians are not a genetics-based species, it's always nice to have markings to pull from as inspiration for both myself and for my artists for our coat descriptions. It can help us figure out what we'd like to draw on days we simply don't know what to draw. And, hey, there's C$ and goodies to be won for entering. Ultimately, this competition is born out of a need for more inspiration when drawing.

Disclaimer for the Markings:
If accepted, they'll be implemented throughout both Fairytales and any other equine species I create (should I desire)
If hosted on our website, credit will be given to your CS account.
You're free to take the markings and implement them in your species as long as you acknowledge the ability to use them in mine.
You give me the permission to adjust the marking and what it does to fit the vision for Fairytales or any other equine species I create.

Rules for the Markings:
They should not be linebreaking; I may make future traits that 'extend' certain markings to go off the lines; but the markings should stay overall on the lines.
They should be original....as much as possible. Those based on wild animals, for example, are bound to have overlap, and that's okay.
They can be white-marking based (either on their own or modify an existing horse white marking) or darkening (such as dun, zebra markings ,tiger striping, etc.)
The sky is the limit; they can build off of existing horse genetics or be entirely new ones.
Markings can affect the coat or the mane or both. They can also affect the horn.
When posting your marking, give it a name and describe what it does and if it has any interesting properties or interactions with other 'genetics' or markings. Feel free to make marking entries that interact with your other marking entries!
Make as many entries as you'd like.

Rules for the Canvas;
You can create your own Fairytale design to show off the marking. If you do so, only use Rare and under magics.
If you don't, just show off the marking.
Don't remove the fake sign until your marking's been accepted. You get to keep the horse as long as it follows these rules.
Don't remove my signature.

Length
This contest will officially end on July 7th, 2023.
Prize will be 500 C$ to the top prize; every entry with a marking I accept will win a x1 Legendary Unlimited Under Fairytale MYO in addition to being entered to win the top prize. I may offer additional prizes to RU's etc. of which will be determined at time of judgement.

kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fairytale Friesian Marking Contest

Postby kiwipen » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:08 am

Judging will begin and take place throughout the week <3
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:07 pm

So sorry guys! July escaped me.
Grand Prize is Whovian5Eva's Ball Python Pigment Restriction for the 500 C$ prize <3 + the Legendary MYO as listed in the post.
I will also be accepting Whovian5eva's Butterfly Marking MYO, SleepyNaomi's milk appaloosa, Athena's looped, Athena's banded, and Eevee55's Floral Markings :)
I'll have those MYOs be added soon - for the wait, all MYOs are upgraded to Unlimited Legendary Fairytale MYOs <3
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrBubby » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:45 pm

All MYOs have been banked!

Bubby/Haru | He/They/Zephyr