Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Species Competition (WINNERS ANNOUNCED) by Tatangi

Artist Tatangi [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Species Competition (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 16, 2023 6:58 am

Species Competition open for entries

Hello and welcome to my species competition! There are prizes here that I believe are worth stopping by for, and I want to thank you for doing so! Even if you can't enter the competition, sharing is very much appreciated! I want to be very clear with what I'm looking for in this competition because I want everyone to have an equal chance at winning. This Species will be canine based, so if you don't like drawing canines this isn't the competition for you! I also plan to have a discord for this species once it is live, and a show competition will be used to progress this species. All winning artists will be added to the species as official artists who can create adopts freely and of any rarity.

Species Information

The Hill Country Canine has been bred to be both a beautiful breed, but also a functional one. They are mainly used to protect large areas of farmland, and some even have their own set of horns. The HCCA, Hill Country Canine Association, has recently opened up a show competition to display this breed's beauty and skills in herding. They are very smart, and can easily learn tricks that can help them be the life of any party. They are a laid back breed, but remember they are a working dog breed and require plenty of exercise to stay healthy. They are considered a large breed, and their size has been developed to help them herd cattle more safely. The species was bred by Hill Country Texans, which is what gives the breed its name, for the sake of having a family friendly, working dog.

> Canine Based Species
    > 3 Coat Types Required (Short, Long, Curly)
    > No gender indicators
    > base has no horns
    > Adult Lines and Puppy Lines required
    > At least 3 Uncommon, 2 Rare and 1 Legendary Trait required

Traits to Pick From
    - Different Coat Types (ex. wire, no hair, mop, etc...)
    - Different Tail Types (ex. Bob, curled, fringe, poodle, etc..)
    - Different Ear Types (ex. pointed, folded, floppy, etc...)
    - Horns (ex. antlered, unicorn, dragon, etc...)

These traits are up to the artist to decide on. For example, one of the uncommon traits you decide to do can be folded ears while your legendary trait could be the Dragon horns. There are no requirements of which traits to use for which rarity, so feel free to be creative with this part.

Optional Layers
    these types of layers will not have an impact on you winning the competition
    - Preset markings (ex. Brindle, mask, saddle, etc...)
    - Preset accessories (ex. collars, bandanas, toys, sunglasses, etc...)
    - Color Palette
    - Extra References (ex. Paw Pads, eyes, etc...)

Winning Entry Prizes

The winner of this competition will receive 200C$ + 2 Listed Store Pets of their Choice. If you win and I use your lines, you must agree to the following rules. If you win, I will ask you once again to agree to the rules directly for record keeping purposes.

> Can create Adopts on ChickenSmoothie
    > Allowed to be on Toyhouse (with line credits to you)
    > Allowed to sell for C$
    > Allowed to sell for USD On Toyhouse Only (so that you are properly credited for lines)
    > As the Original base Artist, you will always have the right to create adopts whenever you wish of any rarity
    > If ownership transfer is required, you will be approached first if you wish to take over the species or buy back the lines.

If selected as the winner, I will send you a message letting you know and restating the rules above. If you agree to them, I will send out the trade with your prize!

Second and Third Place

The second place winner will get 2 listed store pets of their choice after the first place winner has received theirs. If your entry wins second place, you will not be able to use the lines as you wish after the competition. Once you have accepted and received your prize, your lines can be used in the future. If that is the case, you will be notified of the species going live and be added to the artist list. You will be added as an artist for the species that wins first place and you will also be able to make adopts as you please and of any rarity.

The Third place winner will get the remaining listed store pet after the first and second place winners claim their pets. Once you have accepted the trade, your lines may not be used after the competition unless I, personally, create a species later on with them. That being said, you will be notified prior to it going live when that happens. You will be added as an artist to the winning entry and be able to make adopts as you wish, and of any rarity.

Store Pet Prizes

Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Tatangi on Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Species Competition

Postby Tatangi » Tue May 16, 2023 2:57 pm

Questions

If you have any questions about the competition, feel free to post here so that I can answer it. If questions are answered and asked here, others who might have the same questions may find the answers they already needed. I'm sure with all this information, there is bound to be a few questions! It's also highly possible I missed something and can correct things if needed.

"When will this competition end?"

This competition ends on July 16th, 2023. At that time, All entries need to be completed to qualify for a prize!

"Are they required to have horns?"

Horns are more of an optional trait, like a Common or Uncommon trait. Though not Required for the base, I do wish to see at least one set of horns that can be added.

"Do I have to use the folders you gave?"

Only if you want to! I wanted it to be easy to navigate when looking at entries. However, you are not required to use them if you don't want to.

"Will you need a color layer?"

Yes, but I can always go in and color the lines on my own. I do ask that the linearts are on their own layers and finished so that I can color them more easily.
Last edited by Tatangi on Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FerretMonarch » Tue May 23, 2023 4:27 am

I can't enter cause oekaki doesnt like me, but this is wicked and i cant wait to see what people come up with!
FerretMonarch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .pine. » Sun May 28, 2023 4:05 pm

Marking!
pine wrote:Explore my charries FoFFArt Shop!

yes! I take commissions. Dm me!
Adventures are so much better with the ones you love.
.pine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .pine. » Wed May 31, 2023 11:40 am

added u too the lines so you can look at all of the options.

.pine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatangi » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:19 am

Thank you! I'm planning to keep this open for at least one more entry so that I keep my set of three prizes!

Once a third entry is completed, other entries will have one month to finish theirs for the competition.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatangi » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:17 am

We are officially ending this competition on July 16th!

This gives all entries who are currently wip the chance to be finished.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image Image
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatangi » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:10 am

Deadline Reminder, July 16th! Unless everyone is finished, then I can go ahead and mark this finished or if there are any last minute entries, please let me know!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image Image
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatangi » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:12 am

Winners!

Thank you for each entry, and the dedication you gave to your entries! I'm super excited to share with you the winners of this competition!

First Place goes to Marz-Barz!
      I really enjoyed the thicker lines of this entry. I also have to agree with COOLDOGOO on the paws, they are just so cute! The puppy lines are unique, and I loved how each one shows their own personality in a way with different posing. The extras you included were also appreciated, and the amount of detail in the nursery lines truly sold me on this one.

Second Place goes to .pine.!
      I loved the crisp lines here, and honestly I truly loved the long hair coat you drew so much that had I gone with this one, it would of been considered the standard over the short coat! It just made them look lion like and I loved that. I also really enjoyed the nursery lines here as well, since you had a baby stage and pup stage. I thought that was very unique!

There is no third place winner for this competition, as the remaining entry by Mythz was not completed before the deadline or at the time of this announcement! That being said, after the initial prizes are awarded, I plan to send out an additional 25C$ to everyone who entered, completed or not, as a thank you for the consideration and effort put into your entries!

Prizes

Marz-Barz will be getting 200C$ and 2 store pets listed from the first post! Once they have made their selection, I will send the second place trade to .pine.! Marz-Barz will also be able to make official species adopts, of any rarity, once the species is live! They will have no limits to what they can create so for those interested in the species, I'd keep an eye on their adopts! They also get first pick if the species goes up for sale. Marz-Barz will also receive a 25C$ Thank you prize for entering!

.pine. will be getting 2 store pets of their choice from the remaining store pets. She will also be added as an artist for the official Hill Country Canine Species, and be able to make adopts of any rarity! I know that I stated the lineart wouldn't be able to be used, but if .pine. decides to start their own species using their own lines they can! That rule has been changed! I have my reasons, but I want to keep it a surprise to the community and will let .pine. know in the trade! .pine. will also receive 25C$ as a thank you for entering the competition!

Mythz may not have completed their entry, but I still appreciate the consideration for joining the competition! Because of this, they will be getting 25C$ as well as a thank you for entering! I'd also like to offer an invitation to join the artist team and give them the same unlimited, no matter the rarity, permissions for adopts as a thank you, again, for considering the competition!
All three will be added as artists to the species! You are not required to make any adopts, you don't even have to do so if you don't want to! Just know that you can if you ever get an itch to do so!

Thank you again for being a part of this competition!
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Species Competition (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)

Postby .pine. » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:54 am

Thank you so much!! Congratulations Marz-barz and Mythz! Xoxo

.pine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me