Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Scetryx: Specter Hounds V2 [NOW OPEN] by receptions

Based on Click to view
Artist receptions [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
35 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Scetryx: Specter Hounds V2 [NOW OPEN]

Postby receptions » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:22 pm

SCETRYX - SPECTER HOUNDS
MAIN PAGE | TRAITS | NPCS | GUIDE | RULES | STAFF | FUTURE PLANS | CHANGELOG | FAQ
ARCHIVE | INVENTORY | STORE | QUESTS | FUSION | DISCUSSION
MASTERLIST & INVENTORY GOOGLE SPREADSHEET

ABOUT

Specter Hounds, also known by their species name Scetryx, are apparitions of hounds with bare skulls instead of a face. Some are commanded by gods, others commanded by devils, and some choose to be independent. Throughout humanities existence, they've been known to bring bad and good omens alike. No living mortal knows how they were created, though some speculate that they were cursed humans that never fulfilled the pacts they made with gods in return for power.

Aside from their ghastly looking skull faces, they're also easily distinguished from other apparitions by spikes protruding out of the sides of their necks. Some are even gifted with halos, but only if they put in the work to earn such favors.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

11/12/2022 Opening MYO Event
Last edited by receptions on Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:56 pm, edited 14 times in total.
receptions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Scetryx: Specter Hounds V2 Traits

Postby receptions » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:22 pm

DEFAULT TRAITS
These traits (with the exception of the No Rarity traits) can be passed by Fusion. They are available all of the time when making a MYO. No Rarity and Standard traits are not required to be listed when making a trait list. All No Rarity traits are optional. When adding clothing, accessories, and tattoos, make sure to add them on different layers that can be hidden so that all traits can be shown clearly for approval.

xxxxNo Rarity
xxxx____________________________
✦ Custom lines
✦ Not made on default base
✦ Off oekaki
✦ Missing appendages due to injury (includes horns, wings, tails, neck spikes, limbs, etc.)
✦ Scars
✦ Tattoos
✦ Piercings
✦ Accessories and clothing
✦ Hair on head or bangs (must only be growing from head like human hair)
✦ Alternate humanoid or anthro form
✦ Different weight
✦ Different size (limits are as small as a chihuahua and as large as a horse)

xxxxStandard
✦ Wolf skull instead of face (the bottom jaw is normal)
✦ 4 spikes on each side of neck (must be naturally shaped)
✦ Blank eyes (empty or solid color fill eye sockets)
✦ Canine anatomy
✦ Very short fur
✦ No tail
✦ No ears
✦ Matching skull and neck spike colors
✦ Matching skull and neck spike material (default is bone unless you have another trait)
✦ 1 skull and neck spike color

xxxxCommon
✦ Fur tufts (must be patches that are clearly longer than the rest of the fur, can be anywhere)
✦ Short or medium length fur (longer than default, not as long as shaggy fur)
✦ Canine ears (any natural modern shape and size)
✦ Canine tail (any natural modern shape and size)
✦ Alternate eyes (examples: can have pupils, be any color, or look like normal eyes)
✦ Fewer neck spikes (1 to 3 on each side)
✦ Alternate claws (examples: no claws, bigger, smaller)
✦ 2 skull and neck spike colors
✦ Horns on head (up to 2)

xxxxUncommon
✦ Long or shaggy fur
✦ Textured fur (examples: curly, matted)
✦ Not matching skull and neck spike colors
✦ Alternate canine skull (any natural modern canine skull)
✦ 1 set of wings on back (defaults to bat-like or bird-like unless another wing trait is specified)
✦ 1 set of wings on head (defaults to bat-like or bird-like unless another wing trait is specified)
✦ Demon tail (thin with a spade-like tip)
✦ 3 skull and neck spike colors
✦ Glowing markings
✦ Particles (example: sparkles)
✦ Spikes on spine/tail (does not have to match neck spikes)
✦ More neck spikes (5 to 9 on each side)
✦ Neck spikes extend to body (must be along sides of body)
✦ Horns on head (3 to 6)
✦ Not matching skull and neck spike material (only shows when you have alternate skull and neck spike material trait)

xxxxRare
✦ 2 tails (defaults to common natural canine tail unless another tail trait is specified)
✦ 2 sets of wings on back (defaults to bat-like or bird-like unless another wing trait is specified)
✦ 2 sets of wings on head (defaults to bat-like or bird-like unless another wing trait is specified)
✦ 2 sets of ears (defaults to natural canine ears unless another ear trait is specified)
✦ Unnaturally shaped neck spikes (example: screws)
✦ 4 or more skull and neck spike colors
✦ Translucent body (see through, not invisible)
✦ Fused skulls (2 to 5 skulls fused together on the same head)
✦ Multiple skull types (only applies to traits that allow you to have multiple skulls)
✦ Multiple wing set types (only applies to traits that allow you to have multiple sets of wings)
✦ Multiple tail types (only applies to traits that allow you to have multiple tails)
✦ Multiple ear set types (only applies to traits that allow you to have multiple sets of ears)

xxxxBanished
✦ Extra limbs
✦ Extra heads
✦ Elongated body
✦ Any modern natural skull
✦ Animated/shifting markings
✦ 3 or more tails (defaults to common natural canine tail unless another tail trait is specified)
✦ 3 or more sets of wings on back (defaults to bat-like or bird-like unless another wing trait is specified)
✦ 3 or more sets of wings on head (defaults to bat-like or bird-like unless another wing trait is specified)
✦ Animated or shifting markings

EXCLUSIVE TRAITS
This is a list of traits that can only be earned from the store, quests, or events. It will be updated as they come out. Not all of them can be passed by Fusion and they each have their own criteria.
s = store, e = event, q = quest

xxxxCommon
✦ N/A

xxxxUncommon
✦ Fire along spine (can extend down tail) [e]

xxxxRare
✦ N/A

xxxxBanished
✦ N/A

Last edited by receptions on Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 14 times in total.
receptions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Scetryx: Specter Hounds V2 NPCs

Postby receptions » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:23 pm

NPCS
Increase your reputation with these guys to get some new traits.

[img]tbd[/img]

[url=tbd]Axion[/url]
Shop Owner
Placeholder

[img]tbd[/img]

[url=tbd]TBD[/url]
Quest Giver
Placeholder
Last edited by receptions on Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
receptions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Scetryx: Specter Hounds V2 Guide

Postby receptions » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:23 pm

GUIDE
SCETRYX REQUIREMENTS
All Scetryx are required to have skulls for the top part of their head. This does not include the bottom jaw, which is normal. They are all also required to have spikes sticking out of the side of their neck. There is an even amount of neck spikes on each side. Both the skull and all of the neck spikes are matching in color, unless the Scetryx has the trait that allows them to not be matching.
You can draw using my official oekaki base, or by drawing one yourself on or off oekaki. You can also commission other artists to draw your Scetryx for you. All that is required for a Scetryx to be masterlisted is a drawing of them in their feral form and a trait list. The "reference" folder of the official oekaki base is optional. Humanoid and anthro forms are also optional, but again, the Scetryx cannot be official unless it has an approved feral reference drawing.
Once you have your reference for your Scetryx, it then has to be approved and added to the archive using the forms provided there. If you obtain a Scetryx from a trade or sale, you must also go to the archive and fill out the request forms.

TRAIT SYSTEM
There are two main types of traits, general traits and exclusive traits. General traits can come with the Scetryx on any adoptable or MYO depending on the rarity. Exclusive traits are traits that can only be applied from the shop, participating in events, or questing.
There are also different trait rarities. The rarities are No Rarity, Standard, Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Banished. No Rarity traits cannot pass through fusion and are free to add to your Scetryx. Standard traits define the basic Scetryx traits that come with every single one, unless they are replaced by higher rarity traits. Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Banished can also pass through fusion, but are not standard on any Scetryx. Common is the least rare trait category and Banished is the most rare trait category.

QUESTING
Questing is a free way to earn traits, participate in the community, and earn halo perks for your Scetryx. Quests can consist of weekly prompts where you either write or draw your Scetryx in a certain scenario. These guarantee random trait rewards, as well as reputation points. There are also smaller quests, where you send your Scetryx off on a journey to have a small chance at bringing something back.
The more prompt-based quests you participate in with a Scetryx, the more reputation points you accumulate for that Scetryx. Once you reach a certain amount, your Scetryx gains a halo. As you gain more points, the halo can be upgraded to be made fancier. This is a purely cosmetic addition that doesn't pass through fusion, but it looks cool.

BREEDING | FUSION
Fusion a system where you can take a portion of a soul from 2 Scetryx and "fuse them" into a new one. The traits that pass to the new one depends on their rarity. Due to destructive nature of the process, each Scetryx can only be used for fusion 5 times before it can no longer give up any more of its soul.

Last edited by receptions on Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
receptions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Scetryx: Specter Hounds V2 Rules

Postby receptions » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:24 pm

RULES
ART & DESIGN USE
The specific rules for each Scetryx depends on the artist. However, if you're not sure and cannot ask, here are some basic guidelines to follow:
1. Always credit the artist and base maker (if a base is used).
2. Do not use the art for commercial purposes (selling merchandise).
3. Do not sell the design for more than you paid for it (this includes virtual currency). Value is added only when you add commissioned art.
4. Scetryx can be traded for other Scetryx, other designs, and ChickenSmoothie pets and items. It retains any monetary value that it had when you trade it.

COMMUNITY RULES
1. Follow all ChickenSmoothie rules.
2. No pressuring others into giving you Scetryx or Scetryx related items for any reason.
3. When trading, selling, or obtaining a Scetryx, you must post in the archive thread using the correct form to let me update the masterlist.
4. Be nice and have fun!

EXITING THE SPECIES
You can exit the species any time. You can trade or sell your Scetryx away for something else, or you can give it away to the community. If you want to keep it but no longer have it be part of the species, you can do that too. All you have to do is fill out the proper form on the archive thread.

Last edited by receptions on Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
receptions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Scetryx: Specter Hounds V2 Staff

Postby receptions » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:25 pm

STAFF
There are currently no positions open yet. I'll make an announcement when there is.

receptions
Owner | Artist | Moderator | Archivist
Hey, yeah I do everything. Send me a PM or leave a comment if you need something.
Last edited by receptions on Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
receptions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Scetryx: Specter Hounds V2 Future Plans

Postby receptions » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:25 pm

FUTURE PLANS
This will be updated as suggestions are made and as I think of ideas.
Last edited by receptions on Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
receptions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Scetryx: Specter Hounds V2 Changelog

Postby receptions » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:26 pm

CHANGELOG
This will be updated as changes are made.
Last edited by receptions on Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
receptions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Scetryx: Specter Hounds FAQ

Postby receptions » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:26 pm

FAQ
This will be updated as questions are asked.
Last edited by receptions on Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
receptions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Scetryx: Specter Hounds V2 Reserved

Postby receptions » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:27 pm

Reserved
Last edited by receptions on Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
receptions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me