artist entry 1

Postby Bridgy1234 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:29 am

A she-cat with bright blue eyes and a torbie pelt
edit role:95/No edits
Name: Leaves That Blow In Wind
personality: wise, strict, and adventurous
Skill traits: horrific leadership skills and good speaking skills
Kit-mother

honestly i was going to scrap this, tabbies i can do, calicos/torties, got em. torbies, ahhhh oof. help ><' the lil overview isnt half bad, but the big detailed one, its just, not good
Bridgy1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: artist entry 1

Postby SLUGTHEORY » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:49 am

well you did pretty darn good!
absolutely adore the bright eyes omg

for suggestions/criticism,
i'd say first maybe clean the coloring up a little? I think i see some parts that look like they weren't finished being colored eek!
second i feel like the blue lines, while they match the eyes, seem a little out of place with the rest of the body? you could always color the eye lines just blue, and then the rest of the body a more fitting color maybe? (unless you dont want to of course, this is just a suggestion!)
third, remember they dont have to be realistic! if you find a certain pelt hard to do, what i like doing is finding a canonical warrior cat with the pelt design or one similar to it, and then look at fan designs for inspo! (not too similar and not copying tho no no no, just bits & pieces from the design!)

over all super loving her tho!
also quick reminder that we now have an actual generator! I see that you used the roll doc which is fine for this one since im guessing you started her before it was up BUT remember for next time!

ART SHOP
ᵀ ᴴ
ᴰ ᴬ
ᴬ ᶠ

previously known as LadyStardust!!

ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒⁿᵗᵃᶜᵗ ᵐᵉ?
🎀ᵖᵐˢ: ᵒᵖᵉⁿ🎀
🎀ᴰⁱˢᶜᵒʳᵈ: SLUGTHEORY#3793🎀

SLUGTHEORY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: artist entry 1

Postby Bridgy1234 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:13 pm

SLUGTHEORY wrote:well you did pretty darn good!
absolutely adore the bright eyes omg

for suggestions/criticism,
i'd say first maybe clean the coloring up a little? I think i see some parts that look like they weren't finished being colored eek!
second i feel like the blue lines, while they match the eyes, seem a little out of place with the rest of the body? you could always color the eye lines just blue, and then the rest of the body a more fitting color maybe? (unless you dont want to of course, this is just a suggestion!)
third, remember they dont have to be realistic! if you find a certain pelt hard to do, what i like doing is finding a canonical warrior cat with the pelt design or one similar to it, and then look at fan designs for inspo! (not too similar and not copying tho no no no, just bits & pieces from the design!)

over all super loving her tho!
also quick reminder that we now have an actual generator! I see that you used the roll doc which is fine for this one since im guessing you started her before it was up BUT remember for next time!

Oof yea, looking at in now there are definitely places I didn’t get blended all the way and missed adding some stripes.

I agree with you on the eye lines, I was aiming to have them match the eyes rather than the pelt, but I’m thinking now if I made them match the pelt more it would have made the bright blue pop more.

I wish I though about referencing fan art before, look at some now, I had ideas and convinced myself that they were not torbie pelts.

Thank you so much for the suggestions and criticism, really appreciate it!
Also that cat generator is so clean and simple, I’m looking forward to using it on my next attempt!
Bridgy1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me