Agouti Gene Variations by BoopoThyDrago

Based on Click to view
Artist BoopoThyDrago [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Agouti Gene Variations

Postby BoopoThyDrago » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:00 am

The normal Agouti dominance I will be following is as follows: Wild Bay A+ > Bay A > Seal Brown At > Black a

Agouti Point - Ad
- Creates the black and tan pattern in dogs to appear on bay. At minimum expression a small black blanket will appear on the back. At maximum expression, points on the face, and on the throat latch will be brown. The examples shown above are not the minimum and maximum expressions.
- Recessive to Bay and dominant to Seal Brown
- A+ > A > Ad > At > a

Fox Bay - Ac
- Creates a pattern similar to those found in cross foxes to appear on bay. At minimum expression a black mask will appear on the face, on the back of the ears, on the bottom of the throat, creates a "band" around the front legs, and a "band" mostly around the back legs, with a break on the upper back legs. At maximum expression all but the middle of the neck, stomach, and upper back legs will be black. The examples above are the minimum and maximum expressions.
- Recessive to Wild Bay and Dominant to Bay
- A+ > Ac > A > At > a

Panda Bay - Ap
- Creates the black pattern on giant and red pandas to appear on bay. The Red Panda expression is less common and creates black from the back of the ears, down the bottom of the throat and belly, and up the back legs. The Giant Panda expression is more common and causes black to form around the eyes, ears, in a "band" around the front legs, and up the back legs. The examples above are the typical expressions for each varient
- Recessive to Bay and Dominant to Seal Brown
- A+ > A > Ap > At > a

Full Dominance List: Wild Bay A+ > Fox Bay Ac > Bay A > Agouti Point Ad > Panda Bay Ap > Seal Brown At > Black / No Agouti a
BoopoThyDrago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me