Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Raikojin by Sixbane

Based on Click to view
Artist Sixbane [gallery]
Time spent 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
50 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Raikojin

Postby Sixbane » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:17 am

I was going to stick to the small lines but didnt like them very much so i made bigger lines + fullbodies for the humanoids

These are a personal/friend-only species for me and my SO; as they're related to a personal storyline and i see them as story more than want to make adopts at random from them personally
(Though if you're a friend and want to be added or make one/make adopts you're welcome to ask me, as long as we're chill its prob fine)

(Obviously, i dont care if people make anything similar, just dont claim its one of these if they arent, its the lore thats important to me)

Raikojin are a new race to Isethef, and aren't so much a 'race' as a subspecies of angel - the first of their kind. For context; Angels and demons in my character world are NOT the same as the 'biblical' common version. Angels are souls who have pledged their allegiance to the 'benevolent' pantheon of gods, while demons the opposite- pledging their service to the evil gods. There can be good demons, and cruel angels, as its determined only by who they serve.

The world in eons past was created by the Goddess, the creator of all, and at the start of creation and since- only she and Asmodeus- the representation of evil were the only two capable of creating 'new' souls from the empty void. Through this they maintained the delicate balance of souls. Making sure there were enough to populate the expanding universes, as souls were destroyed, chose to leave the cycles of reincarnation and death, or ascended to alternative places (Angels/demons/ect); a steady stream of incoming souls was important.
So billions of years later, when the Goddess decided to step down as the leader of the benevolent pantheon, and in effect relinquish her position as the 'creator' to another god and goddess, (Goddess of Fury and God of Kings, who would maintain the world as a pair); it was imperative that they too- were powerful enough to manage this ability of creating souls from nothing, something that required much training, strife, and growth in order for them to master.

The raikojin are these first souls, created by not good or evil- the first souls created by souls FROM the world and not its external voids. As such, they fit into their own category
They were created to fill the void left in Sera's absence. As she abandoned the world, her angels went with her, leaving a space for new angels to take their place to help battle the demons of the darker realms. The new gods set about creating angels who would help serve them in this cause.
Since they are early 'created' souls, they aren't perfect, their magical power tears at the seams, taking the form of lighting or fire constantly leaping between metallic horns on their bodies or flecks in their fur

They are also unique in having an exceptional free will. Unlike most angels and demons- who tend to stay loyal to their creators, Raikojin are even more opinionated on the matter than their predecessors. Most of the time, this is a good thing, as it gives them quite the personality compared to others of their ilk, but sometimes it results in their abandoning the benevolent gods to serve who they want or fall to the mortal realm instead to pursue their own interests. The gods who created them allow this, in the hopes they'll find happiness.

(Their physical appearance as being catlike and their powers manipulating in the form of fire or thunder is a reflection of the gods who created them. The god of kings takes the form of a tiger/cat, and uses fire, and the goddess of fury utilizes electricity)
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Raikojin

Postby aortic » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:32 am

This lore is so gooood!!
    Ty for the food 🙏
    pine • he/its
    not here anymore
aortic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kageyenova » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:33 am

^^^^^ no fr this is so freakin cool oh my gosh
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RadioactiveRenegade » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:57 am

The lore is SO good six!
RadioactiveRenegade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwith » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:57 pm

very toisty!! <3
Kiwith

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BethRAWR » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:15 pm

These are so cool and I love the lore involved!! Thank you so much for sharing them!
She/Her~Wildlife~Adult
I have no special talent. I'm only passionately curious.
Toyhouse~🐾💜Cozie Critters💜🐾~©
BethRAWR

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me