2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

kraken stuff im so tired

Postby arsonbird » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:25 pm

username + ID; firedoodle! 1018675
edits used; clothes and accessories
items used;none
prompt response;

exactly 500 words 8-)

Orcus had always lived in the depths, always hiding away from the merry selros that frolicked in their bustling cities. He didn’t like it, it was too noisy, too overwhelming. Everyone was always terrified of him anyways. He had tried, once, to go into town, to try and meet someone, but all he got was suspicious glances and slammed doors. He never could find a single selro that would even talk to him. He decided to go into town, once more, donning a large cape to hide his identity. Instead of hanging around in the heart of the town, where most of the noise was, he decided to go to the docks. “Maybe trying to go sailing would do me some good… calm me down a bit.” he thought. Perhaps the selros there would be more accepting of him, but maybe it was just wishful thinking. Nonetheless he walked through the town, and finally reached the large docks. They had plenty of ships in them, and he picked one at random. It was a rather small ship, so he figured there wouldn’t be too much of a crew. Walking closer, he spotted a lone shark selro standing on the front of the ship. Approaching it, he waved up to the shark in a greeting.

“Hello, I am looking for a crew to join… I am rather tired of city life. Do you have a spot on your crew?”

“Hm? A crew you say, well I happen to be looking for shiphands. I could use a selro like you on my ship… Say, why don’t you tell me a little bit about yourself? We could go to the tavern.”

Orcus politely declined, worrying that if he revealed that he was a kraken in the middle of the tavern it would cause too much of a ruckus, and he hated the noise. Instead, he stepped down into the hull, and looking around, he noticed no other selros on the ship. It made him feel a sense of deep loneliness, but also of great relief. He knew there would be no crowds, no jaunty selros singing around, he knew there would just be him, the crew, and the sea. Glancing behind him and noticing the shark selro behind him, he decided to tell him about what he was. He felt ashamed of it, and for a moment he thought about leaving, going back to his hut in the middle of nowhere and never coming back. But the allure of sailing his days away out in the open water… the thought seemed so freeing. Snapping back to reality, he pulled down his cloak, finally showing his face. Expecting the worst, he was shocked to see that the shark had no reaction, instead simpy letting out a deep sigh..

“I had a feeling you were a kraken. I’ve seen some strange things in my days, this is the least of it. Oh, I forgot to ask your name… I’m Brine. Care to join my crew?”
chicken smoothie, huh?

pls don't look at my old art it's ugly ;w;
arsonbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kraken stuff im so tired

Postby bakuraas. » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:15 am