Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

⫷ American Aztecas ⫸ by HowlingHooves

Based on Click to view
Artist HowlingHooves [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

⫷ American Aztecas ⫸

Postby HowlingHooves » Fri May 13, 2022 10:58 am

Derived from the Azteca of modern Mexico, this breed is hardy and sure footed but agile and quick-minded when at work. They are colored more vibrantly than their founders after being crossed with Quarter Horses, Appaloosa and Paint types.
    Though they tend to be hot headed when left to themselves, these horses are very willing once training begins and are known for their athleticism in and out of the show ring.
    They excel in the Western division, with most being used for ranch work on an everyday basis, but others have proven their worth in the Dressage and Polo fields.

One characteristic of the breed is the ever present Dorsal Stripe. While Dun types are very common within the breed, nearly all American Aztecas carry a dorsal stripe regardless of leg barring or other dun factors. It is thought that any American Azteca that lacks a dorsal stripe will bring bad luck, and so those that do not sport one are often sold at market for much less than those that show. It does not, however, indicate any less ability when showing.

Rules
    All CS rules and guidelines must be followed.
    Begging, guilting or otherwise disrespecting another for winning an adopt is not tolerate.
    You may not be added to the adopt image.
    An artist search will not be posted, nor will staff be being hired.
    Customs will not be made available, this will strictly be a free-based adoption species.
    Breedings are not available at this time; an update will be posted if this changes.

Staff:
    HowlingHooves (owner)
    adheline (artist)
    Doctor Strange (artist)
    Mister Hollow (artist)
    skeepyDandy (artist)

HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes