Pollux by Scourgebane

Based on Click to view
Artist Scourgebane [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Pollux

Postby Scourgebane » Sun May 08, 2022 1:39 am

Edit: I posted this rushedly in the morning but now I can make my humoristic commentary bc that's how I cope. Nothing changed except for that.

Hi, welcome to chillis Scourge doesn't know how fish work pt.2, this pal is based on a octopus plushie I have (with artistic liberties lol), which may or may not be based on real life octopus. Who knows? Not me that's for sure!

Also it didn't take me that long, I had a problem with my internet and couldn't save for the longest time TvT.

username + ID; Scourgebane #1008448
edits used; scar edits, aditional head growth, cosmetic edits
items used; none
prompt response; [1,020 words] [Sorry I got a little excited lol, also sorry in advance for the 2nd person pov, I know it's not everyone cup of tea.]

Changing Tides wrote:The port on the bay is unbearably noisy. Even seated on the farthest corner of the tavern you still can hear the sounds from outside, merchants sellings his wares, the sound of docking boats, pounding boots on wooden planks, the waves hitting the pier, the infernal cry of the damnable seagulls. All mixed together to give you an everlasting headache.

To top it all, you can feel the storm that it is to come by the way the scar on your chest aches, with all of this, the day feels terribly foreboding. Despite the tavern being almost empty you feel as if you should have stayed far, far away from civilization like all your other kin, even this small gathering is almost too much for you.

You're looking out of the window, contemplating if you should leave when the jarring scraping sound of a chair being dragged forcibly fills your ears. You startle, your tentacles rising in a threatening manner. When you locate the one responsible for the noise, it is in front of you in the form of a shark.

In the low lighting of the tavern he almost appears as a ghost, a drowned captain intent in dragging you to the depths of the ocean. With a slicked back mane of shockingly white hair, a terribly gaudy golden eyepatch, a heavy blue coat and a afable face with laugh lines but the terrible dead-eyed intent gaze of a predator beffiting of his station.

At first he's eerily silent, seemingly staring you up and down, studying you. Finally when he looks up at your eyes, he blinks slowly before he gives you a horrible, terrifying smile, showing all his sharp teeth.

"You look like someone who belongs in my crew." He says with a surprisingly airy voice, giving you a fast blink. (Or was it supposed to be a wink? The existence of the eyepatch makes this a strange gesture.)

You give him a dubious glare. You're not scared of him, after all, you have seen (and survived) far more terrifying things. But the incongruity of this pale ghost in front of you, in the warm lit tavern in this amicable port makes you uneasy. He is not supposed to be here.

You're also not supposed to be here. He's the one who called you.

"Get to the point, I have no time for your small fish speech. That doesn't work on me, why have you called me here?"

The shark gives a rumbling chuckle before settling his elbows on the table and getting closer to your face.

"Very well, since you're so impatient." He drags a claw in the table, scratching it. "I know where your father's treasure is."

You give a startled hiss and flinch away from him. Now it is you who scrapes the the chair in your haste to get away from him. The shark only laughs and forcibly grabs your shirt to sit you down once again with surprising force for his small frame.

"You thought I wouldn't recognize you? You're not exactly subtle." He smooths your shirt as he talks. "You had a good run but you can't hide from me. You're going to lead me to that treasure and you're going to open it for me, I know you're the only one who can."

He pats you on the chest and gives you that horrible, terrifying smile once again.

You snarl at him, "Why should I? You're not exactly giving me reasons to join you, only reasons to get far away from here. You're not the first one to think they could get me to open it, I won't."

"Ah, but aren't you curious?" He tilts his head like a curious puppy, but his gaze is threatening.

"No." You deadpan.

"Well, I am." He snaps, his airy tone replaced by an angry growl, he snorts and shakes his head as if dispelling something. He looks for something in the pocket of his coat. "How about this? Let's leave it to a coin toss. If I win you come with me, if you win you get to go." He returns to his airy tone flipping the coin in the air various times before catching it. Something glints in his eye as he looks at you. "Scared?"

Something boils in your chest, an uncomfortable sensation like barbed wire. You're certain you could get away from this shark easily, in fact you have done so in the past from others. But this one, this all enfuriating ghost, this terrifying selrosvo just makes you so unbalanced.

Unmoored.

And so, you do something you have never done before.

"I want tails." You say, glaring at him balefully.

He rumblingly chuckles and says, "Of course you do. No takebacks, aye?" He flips the coins a few times, as if testing his weight again, before tossing it high in the air.

This a moment you will remember all your life, the sound of the tinkling coin, the glare as the sun hits coin for a moment, the heavy gaze from the shark looking at you instead of the coin, and the shiver that crawls down your spine like ice before the coin comes down.

The shark sharply returns his eye to the coin and easily catches before it hits the floor and snaps it into his open palm. You both look at his hands for a moment suspended in time before he uncovers the coin.

Your heart stutters in your chest.

It's heads.

He blinks rapidly for a moment, seemingly as surprised as you, before he smiles at you. Horrible, horrible shark. "Well would you look at that? Welcome to the crew of the Abyssal Flare, Captain Redfang at your service. But you can call me Rico. I'm sure we all be friends before long, don't you think so?"

Horrible, horrible shark.

"I'm Pollux, now get out of here I'll join you shortly."

The shark only laughs and puts and gets up to get beside you and put an arm round your shoulders and drag you outside the tavern without minding anything of what you just said, you flinch before resigning yourself to your fate.
Imagexx
x
Scourgebane / [He/Him] / Tired

Howdy, y'all! My name's Theo! But you can also can call me Scourge.
Mostly interested in Closed Species and art.

English isn't my native language so I may make mistakes.
I apologize in advance if something I say sounds weird or rude, it isn't my intention.

Please, don't contact me for anything else.

| ʚɞ
Scourgebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pollux

Postby bakuraas. » Mon May 09, 2022 5:28 pm

Your Kraken MYO is approved!