Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Boarhounds - WIP personal species by snowdrake

Artist snowdrake [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 17
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Boarhounds - WIP personal species

Postby snowdrake » Thu May 05, 2022 12:53 am

[img]banner[/img]

boarhounds are a large canine species with tusks like that of a wild boar. they typically have a large, muscular body designed to withstand both immense heat and great cold with their dense fur, but smaller, more athletic individuals can sometimes be observed wandering the territories as well. their manes have the function of protecting their neck in fights, as well as to show their dominance. typically, the bigger the mane, the higher the boarhound's status in the pack. they are primarily carnivores, but need a variety of roots and berries along with the meat to get all the nutrients they need.

boarhounds live in packs of 5-20 animals, with an alpha pair and the lower ranking canines. normally, only the alpha pair is allowed to have pups, that will later either join their pack or leave and make their own one. their behavior is generally very similar to that of wolves, but boarhounds tend to be even more intelligent and are capable of planning complex hunting strategies.

they have widely varying sizes, ranging from a small coyote to a large grizzly bear, though,both extremes tend to be fairly rare. boarhounds have an average lifespan of 20 years, in captivity however, they sometimes even reach 30 years old! the oldest boarhound to ever be recorded reached approximately 60 years of age, but scientists have no clue how that happened. maybe we will find out in the future?

important information

🐗 boarhounds are a personal closed species, which means I am likely the only person who will make adopts of them (except I for some reason decide to hire artists some day).
    🐗 because they are a personal species, open adopts will probably be very few and very irregular. I don't want to stress myself too much ^^"
    🐗 that being said, please refrain from making your own boarhounds (of course you can make dogs with tusks, but please don't claim they're a part of this species) unless you own an MYO ticket.
    🐗 please note that while boarhounds do have a species description, you do not have to stick to it! they may very well live a humanoid life, be vegan and don't have to have a pack hierarchy etc. I just like making these descriptions lol

specific information concerning the creation of boarhounds

🐗 boarhounds must always have a canine-esque nose. they cannot have reptile noses or anything that doesn't resemble a canine nose! exceptions are sheep or ferret like noses.
    🐗 boarhounds must always have tusks! even if they're small, they must be there and recognizable. they must always be bigger than the boarhound's regular teeth!
    🐗 the neck of a boarhound usually has a mane (even if it's just a part of the neck ex. a backmane). if there is no mane present, this counts as an edit!
Last edited by snowdrake on Tue May 24, 2022 9:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Boarhounds - WIP personal species

Postby snowdrake » Thu May 05, 2022 1:03 am

regarding traits/line edits

boarhounds do not have specific trait that correspond to specific rarities. instead, their rarity is decided by the amount of traits that they have! below are the number of traits a boarhound needs for each rarity tier:

standard - 0 traits
    common - 1-3 traits
    uncommon - 4-6 traits
    rare - 7-10 traits
    very rare - 11-15 traits
    legendary - 16-25 traits

below is the list of currently know edits. this list is constantly subject to change, as more and more traits will be added over time! these traits are not limited to a certain body part, which means for example that you can also have a boarhound with extra ears on their back or extra eyes all over their body, instead of just the head!

eye shape, pupil shape, whiskers, tusk shape, tusk material, extra tusks, extra eyes, fur, hair, teeth edits, additional mouth(s), horns, nose edits (canine, ferret or sheep-like), halos, glow, goop, extra heads, ear shape, extra ears, claws, backmane, tail, weight/body shape (chubby, skinny, athletic body shape instead of chunky, tall, small), vents, object growth (flowers, gems, toys, icicles etc.), elemental traits, wings, additional body parts (any), pawpad shape, scales, exposed bone, gene splice, fins, cyborg body parts, no mane
Last edited by snowdrake on Tue May 24, 2022 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Thu May 05, 2022 1:04 am

Res
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Thu May 05, 2022 1:04 am

Res
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotify » Sat May 07, 2022 9:47 am

Looks very cool! Excited for these!
spotify#3065 on discord :)
Spotify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Tue May 17, 2022 10:07 am

update time!

a little update on what has been added for those who are interested;;
    • made an alternative base with a more lean/athletic boarhound that can be used instead. there's no difference except for that it's not as chonky and will produce less chonky pups (unless bred with a chonk boarhound, then it's 50/50 for each pup wether they'll be a chonky boi or smol bois)
    • added a face ref, a palette and paw refs
    • made a 'glassy' option for the tusks [counts as no edit]
    • did some minor touchups in general
    • made a new background cause I didn't like the old one and space is pretty cool
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blizzard180 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:25 am

Mark~
Click pls wrote:Stweb!!