Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Milk Friends - an open species by eros

Based on Click to view
Artist eros [gallery]
Time spent 33 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Milk Friends - an open species

Postby eros » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:10 am

04/28/22 wrote:Instead of leaving them to rot, I figured I'd just open Milk Friends back up as an open species!
    I may come back to clean up/revamp the lines (these are pretty old after all), but we'll just see what happens as time goes on!
    Feel free to ask any questions about general Milk Friends stuff here, or just PM me!

But Matt, what IS a Milk Friend? wrote:Milk Friends are kind little creatures that specialize in helping humans! Usually they lean toward stereotypically milk or cow related practices (like farmwork or dairy stocking in grocery stores), but a Milk Friend can really have any job you could think of!

Milk Friend F.A.Q. wrote:Q. How does the milk inside of a Milk Friend not spoil? A. Magic! Since their inner liquid is essentially their magical life source, it won't just spoil! (It also may have something to do with the fact that Milk Friends are very cold inside, but magic is a more fun answer.)
    Q. Can the glass body of a Milk Friend break? A. Technically yes, but very rarely. It takes a lot of force to damage a Milk Friend after all!
    Q. Has there ever been a Milk Friend whose liquid wasn't milk? A. We haven't seen that so far, but who's to say that a Milk Friend with, say, coffee or milk tea won't pop up in the future?
    Maybe you could help with that!

How can I get a Milk Friend? wrote:Since Milk Friends are an open species, everyone can make as many as they want! Go ham, have fun!
Last edited by eros on Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Milk Friends - Designer Notes F.A.Q.

Postby eros » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:11 am

Designing Your Milk Friend - An F.A.Q.

Q. Can my Milk Friend have clothes? A. Of course! Your Milk Friend can have any clothes you want to give them (as long as they follow general CS rules!)
    Q. What should I put on my Milk Friend's Necktag? A. Literally anything! You can make it a little drawing, a funny one-liner, or even just a random word! As long as it's CS-appropriate, the only limit to your Milk Friend's tag design is your imagination!
    Q. What goes on a Milk Friend's ear tag? A. An ear tag usually shows a price, and generally that price would be the estimated worth of the liquid inside of the Milk Friend! However, several Milk Friends have changed their tags to say whatever they please, so it's not that uncommon to see a tag with an exorbitant price number or a funny drawing on it!
    Q. Does the glass on my Milk Friend have to be plain-colored? A. Of course not! The most unique part of a Milk Friend is usually their glass! It can be stained and patterned with any colors and designs of your choosing!
    Q. Are the hooves of Milk Friends hollow or filled with milk? The hooves of a Milk Friend are always hollow, unless a break (rare edit) occurs between the glass of the body and the hoof, in which case the hoof will become flooded.
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Milk Friends - Traits

Postby eros » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:16 am

Will be prettying this up later! Other traits will likely be added in the future as I take ideas from the community!

NOTE: Even though these traits do have rarities, this is more for in-lore reasons than anything else! Since this is an open species, you can make your Milk Friends whatever rarity you'd like :]
    You can also go out of this list, but these are more or less guidelines for "canon" Milk Friends!

Non-Rarity: Weight edits, eye color
    Standard: Fruity milk (strawberry, banana, etc.), small charms in milk, completely full of milk
    Common: Straight straw, half-full of milk, chocolate, caramel, or non-dairy (oat, almond, etc.) milk, large charms in milk,
    Uncommon: Cracks in glass, curly straw, ~1/4 full of milk, floral milk (rose, lavender, etc.), different eye type (heart shaped, etc.)
    Rare: Full breaks in glass (missing limbs, ears, etc.), rotten milk, nearly no milk, no straw, extra body parts (legs, ears, etc.), horns on body, crystals
    Legendary: No milk, liquid other than milk, multiple heads, form change, wings

Edit Clarifications
    - Straw edits: Straws can be any color or design, regardless of rarity! For example, a common straight straw could be plastic, metal, or even paper! Only the general shape (straight, curly, or your regular bendy) is determined by trait rarity!
    - Extra body parts: Rare extra parts come in sets. For example, with one rare edit you can have two legs, two ears, or two extra eyes, etc!

Feel free to ask questions about any trait and I'll add that question and its answer to this list!

eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Milk Friends - Gift Lines and Bases

Postby eros » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:16 am

Last edited by eros on Wed May 11, 2022 8:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Milk Friends - an open species

Postby eros » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:17 am

AND we are now open again!
    Feel free to post!

{He/They}

I'm Matt and I like to collect bunnies! :]
You can usually find me roaming the
Oekaki, but I'm pretty active in the
trading scene, especially during events.

Feel free to send me a trade or a pm!
I don't bite!

_______________________________________________________________________Image
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fireworkwolf67 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:29 am

oh this is cute-
Hello There-
Learning to draw/Learning Japanese and Korean!
Genshin fan/Anime fan woo

Music lover

Don't give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.

-Winston Churchill

Kpop fan
fireworkwolf67

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eyesemote » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:51 am

mark, god I love these
just here for cleaning
eyesemote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mothifern » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:08 am

As soon as I saw this I knew I had to make one, so I made my favorite milktea into a milk friend >:D!!!!
    " rotten to the core . "
    Viktor - He/They/It - ©
    Adult / MLM / Artist
    A silly guy in a silly world
mothifern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Robyn Renee » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:10 am

Oh my gosh!!! So cute!!! That's awesome
Robyn Renee
Robyn Renee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gascoigne » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:13 am

Oh my goodness these are so cute!! I'm definitely going to make at least one, this is such a sweet concept :D
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
┌───────────────────────┐

Old player returning after years with a new account
for the nostalgia, bear with me :")

Zach || Adult || He/Him || Trans

Art Shop | x | Gallery | ©
x

└───────────────────────┘
┌─┐

└─┘