Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Milk Friends - a semi-open species (Closed) by eros

Artist eros [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
38 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by eros

by espen.

by espen.

by koat

by espen.

by espen.

by espen.

by koat

Milk Friends - a semi-open species (Closed)

Postby eros » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:26 am

UPDATE (3/18/21)
    Hi, guys. I'm really sorry for the radio silence from my end recently. I've had a large amount of stuff come up recently and I've realized that running Milk Friends (and heck, even being on Chicken Smoothie) has become seriously overwhelming and pretty detrimental to my mental health.
    So, with that being said, I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to close Milk Friends, at least for the time being, while I leave the site. I'm not sure if/when I'll be back, but I'm incredibly grateful for the support of the community.
    Thank you.

All unjudged/open adopts will be judged at their determined end dates, but from there on no more adopts will be made.

But Eros, what IS a Milk Friend? wrote:Milk Friends are kind little creatures that specialize in helping humans! Usually they lean toward stereotypically milk or cow related practices (like farmwork or dairy stocking in grocery stores), but a Milk Friend can really have any job you could think of!

Milk Friend F.A.Q. wrote:Q. How does the milk inside of a Milk Friend not spoil? A. Magic! Since their inner liquid is essentially their magical life source, it won't just spoil! (It also may have something to do with the fact that Milk Friends are very cold inside, but magic is a more fun answer.)
    Q. Can the glass body of a Milk Friend break? A. Technically yes, but very rarely. It takes a lot of force to damage a Milk Friend after all!
    Q. Has there ever been a Milk Friend whose liquid wasn't milk? A. We haven't seen that so far, but who's to say that a Milk Friend with, say, coffee or milk tea won't pop up in the future?

How can I get a Milk Friend? wrote:Since Milk Friends are a semi-open species, everyone starts out with an Unlimited Common and Under MYO! Simply go here to redeem!
    Otherwise, you can enter in competitions for future main page Milk Friends or even win more MYOs in events!
Last edited by eros on Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Milk Friends - Designer Notes F.A.Q.

Postby eros » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:26 am

Designing Your Milk Friend - An F.A.Q.

Q. Can my Milk Friend have clothes? A. Of course! Your Milk Friend can have any clothes you want to give them (as long as they follow general CS rules!)
    Q. What should I put on my Milk Friend's Necktag? A. Literally anything! You can make it a little drawing, a funny one-liner, or even just a random word! As long as it's CS-appropriate, the only limit to your Milk Friend's tag design is your imagination!
    Q. What goes on a Milk Friend's ear tag? A. An ear tag usually shows a price, and generally that price would be the estimated worth of the liquid inside of the Milk Friend! However, several Milk Friends have changed their tags to say whatever they please, so it's not that uncommon to see a tag with an exorbitant price number or a funny drawing on it!
    Q. Does the glass on my Milk Friend have to be plain-colored? A. Of course not! The most unique part of a Milk Friend is usually their glass! It can be stained and patterned with any colors and designs of your choosing!
    Q. Are the hooves of Milk Friends hollow or filled with milk? The hooves of a Milk Friend are always hollow, unless a break (rare edit) occurs between the glass of the body and the hoof, in which case the hoof will become flooded.
Last edited by eros on Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Milk Friends - Traits

Postby eros » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:27 am

Will be prettying this up later! Other traits will likely be added in the future as I take ideas from the community!

Non-Rarity: Weight edits, eye color
    Standard: Fruity milk (strawberry, banana, etc.), small charms in milk, completely full of milk
    Common: Straight straw, half-full of milk, chocolate, caramel, or non-dairy (oat, almond, etc.) milk, large charms in milk,
    Uncommon: Cracks in glass, curly straw, ~1/4 full of milk, floral milk (rose, lavender, etc.), different eye type (heart shaped, etc.)
    Rare: Full breaks in glass (missing limbs, ears, etc.), rotten milk, nearly no milk, no straw, extra body parts (legs, ears, etc.), horns on body, crystals
    Legendary: No milk, liquid other than milk, multiple heads, form change, wings

Edit Clarifications
    - Straw edits: Straws can be any color or design, regardless of rarity! For example, a common straight straw could be plastic, metal, or even paper! Only the general shape (straight, curly, or your regular bendy) is determined by trait rarity!
    - Extra body parts: Rare extra parts come in sets. For example, with one rare edit you can have two legs, two ears, or two extra eyes, etc!
    - Form Change: A Milk Friend with legendary form change can have a secondary form that has the same number of each rarity of edit. For example, say a primary form has 2 rare traits and 1 common. The secondary form can have any 2 rare and 1 common traits. They don't have to be the same kind of edit, just the same rarity!

Feel free to ask questions about any trait and I'll add that question and its answer to this list!

Last edited by eros on Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Milk Friends - Staff

Staff
    Staff applications will open soon, I just need to get the species up and running first!

Owner:
    Eros (that's me!)

Artists:
    quirky;
    koat

Guest Artists:
    N/A

Moderators:
    N/A

Archivist:
    N/A

Why should I join staff? wrote:With every month that passes, all staff get a base pay of a 1 rare, unlimited under Milk Friend MYO!
    Artists also get one unlimited uncommon and under MYO for every 5 Milk Friend adopts they design!

Last edited by eros on Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Milk Friends - Important Links

Last edited by eros on Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Milk Friends - a semi-open species (Opening Soon!)

Res!
Last edited by eros on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eros » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:28 am

Res!
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eros » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:29 am

Marking is open!

{He/They}

I'm Matt and I like to collect bunnies! :]
You can usually find me roaming the
Oekaki, but I'm pretty active in the
trading scene, especially during events.

Feel free to send me a trade or a pm!
I don't bite!

_______________________________________________________________________Image
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:31 am

Mark,,
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soma fish » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:32 am

mark !
❤️‍🩹⚡️🖋️
soma | ic | vtuber nerd
soma fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me