Drawing sessions 1

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by emgeal

by emgeal

by emgeal

Raptor Island - Artist Entry Cover - Emgeal

Postby emgeal » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:09 am

Questions that came up while I was designing:
  1. Colors for teeth and claws? (No guidance is provided in the snippet or the color guides that I saw. I'll stick to pretty neutral colors unless it gets called out that flashy nails are acceptable).
  2. The base color seems to determine the rarity, but I assume rare colors for markings should still be used sparingly? If I become an artist I would need clarity on this.

About Me
  • Newly replaced a tablet that broke years ago and wanting a creative outlet. I'm okay with drawing some accessory type items if those get added, but my quality might not be up to par/expectations.
  • I prefer she/her pronouns or my full name (emgeal) used not derivatives like "em".
  • I love naturally colored designs that are not based on genetics (because I still don't understand those) so this species looks fun!
  • If I do something wrong tell me, but if there are a bunch of unspoken rules I might struggle to follow them in which case I'm totally cool with just stepping away from the species. :)

Artist Rule Acknowledgement
-- Artists are expected to be active members of the community
If I'm an artist I promise I'll be active :) . I'm not currently active in any other communities so there's no competition.

-- Artists are expected to make at least one raptor a month
Will not be a problem.

-- Artists are expected to judge adopts in a timely manner (no longer than a month from end date)
I am the primary caretaker for my grandmother so there is a chance I would need to let someone else judge an active contest if she is having an emergency of some sort. I would contact you and make sure I have another artist lined up to judge and announce on the thread that someone else will be judging if that is necessary. (She's in good health now FYI, that just changes suddenly). If selected as an artists I will create several 'backlog' designs to be released when she is sick in case it is extended, if those run out I will ask for a hiatus.

-- Artists upon hire will be allowed a custom and are allowed to make one custom every other month after.
Coolio.
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me