Born Magic Type & Level: Faunal | Novice | 0
MP Allotted to Born Magic: 10
Second Magic Type; Locked
MP Allotted to Second Magic: --
Third Magic Type; Locked
MP Allotted to Third Magic: --
MP Tally & Prompt Tracker wrote: MP Total: 010
Prompt 1: Familiar
Last edited by mal du pays on Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

PROMPT 1

Postby mal du pays » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:07 pm

Prompt - Abstract - Familiar

It's a feeling you know all too well.
It is not the first time you see them when you lose yourself in a moment of thought, and your suspicions lead you to believe it won't be the last, either. The faces of people you swear you know but can never place, events that never happened but you know are real, you see them, every single time you fade from consciousness into a dreamlike state.
And, of course, this one is no exception.
The sense of deja vu rings through you as you awaken upon a scene. You feel a lot smaller, sitting and hearing figures talking, and they sound just out of range despite your approximate location. You're never lucky enough to receive the brief moments of clarity to fully understand what's being discussed. All you can make out in the somewhat hazy scene before you is the distressed expression of one of the two arguing, and it makes you wince.
Just as you process that it changes, and you're standing outside in a field, colored monochrome except for an array of flowers scattered, lighting the field in technicolor noise. Looking at the flowers makes you feel somber, for some reason you can't place - what are these? Why are you upset over some flowers? You seem to say something to someone you can't see, unintelligible to yourself, but clear to the figure out of frame. They seem to say something in response, and you appear to acknowledge it - without understanding whatever it was that had been said. There’s a bit of back and forth before they appear to leave, and you seem to say something else you can’t parse. You stand for a moment longer in the field before you turn to head back somewhere you know isn't home.

Because you swear you've never been there before.

Wyvern exhaled as she snapped back to being awake, the tip of her tail flicking as she tried to process what she'd been seeing. Why she'd expected anything to give her answers, she clearly didn't know. She wasn't exactly happy about being slapped with memories she knew weren't real. But then why did they feel like that? She couldn't shake the feelings she'd seen in the dreamspace she'd been in. The feelings of knowing the people and places she could barely make out. A sense of familiarity just out of her reach.
Frustrated with the lack of any actual answers, she got to her feet and shook herself out. There wasn’t any point in fretting over what she’d seen, knowing full well that she’d probably end up seeing something else relatively soon. With a sigh she headed out from where she had been resting, taking a leave to head down the path behind the main clearing the Choir called its home. Maybe getting away from camp for a bit would help her clear her head..
She crossed through the underbrush, casting a brief glance toward the chasm dug into the mountain along the path she was crossing. There wasn’t any point in going to bother him. He’d not have any sort of answers to the questions she had.
And with one brief glance over her shoulder toward base camp - she knew that Partridge knew she wasn’t foolish enough to get herself lost - she broke into a sprint until the undergrowth beyond the clearing claimed her.
Be back soon.
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me