Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Direceans by Tavros

Based on Click to view
Artist Tavros [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Tavros

by Tavros

by Tavros

Direceans

Postby Tavros » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:25 am

Welcome to Direceans! A semi-closed species of fluffy dragons that have a canine-like appearance. They have a horn above their nose, ears with crystal-like texture on the inside instead of fur, long fluffy necks, and talon-like paws.

Above is our species mascot, Squeaks! Squeaks is a fully non-rarity/standard Direcean, who is here to represent the species!

The species is currently still a big wip when it comes to traits, rules, etc. but I'll be working on adding more content whenever I have the spare time to do so!

For easy reference when making line edits: For the lines I used a 3px 'round hard edge' brush at around 65% smoothing and max opacity

species has been given back to saraphena!

Credits for the species:
The original concept was by TestiMo
The backgrounds were made by tikki-tak
The current species lines were made by me (I did, however, take a small bit of inspiration from the previous/old lines (mostly from the pose), the previous/old lines were made by saraphena)
Last edited by Tavros on Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tavros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Direceans - Rules

Postby Tavros » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:33 am

- Direceans are a semi-closed species (as of currently everyone can make 1 non-rarity/standard direcean, I may change this rule a bit again in the future)

- Any/all Direceans made/posted on Chicken Smoothie must abide by Chicken Smoothie's rules at all times as well

- You must own your Direcean for at least 1 week (7 days) before you can resell/retrade/regift them

- Even though old Direceans are considered outdated (due to trait-changes and the species itself being slightly changed up), outdated Direceans are still considered official/legitimate and may be added to the Direcean masterlist (you may also move your outdated Direceans onto the new Direcean lines for free if you wish, however it is not required as outdated Direceans are still considered official and can still be used for things such as species events.)

- Direceans have an offsite masterlist (which will currently not be linked as I'm still working on getting it done/ready to go!) where all Direceans will be listed with their designer, their trait list, their owner, and their ref link

- Banned users will never have their Direceans revoked, however their Direceans will be "frozen" (frozen Direceans can't be used in the species/community in any way and are technically considered "unofficial" in the sense that they can't be used in the community.) Frozen Direceans can be unfrozen upon request once they're given to a user who isn't banned. (Along with this, banned members can still gift/trade/sell their current Direceans; we don't advise giving more Direceans to banned members, as the Direceans will be insta-frozen, but you won't get yourself banned for giving a banned member a Direcean.)

- Any form of theft (including tracing/copying/etc other people's characters/art without permission) is not allowed in the Direcean community

(Rules are currently a wip, and more will be added later!)
Last edited by Tavros on Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tavros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Direceans - Staff

Postby Tavros » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:02 am

Owners:
Critz

Moderators:

Official Artists:

Guest Artists:

Masterlist Assistants:

Moderators enforce species rules and may answer questions/assist with problems, they are also allowed to make Direceans with any traits whenever they'd like (either for themselves or for adopts) and manage/edit the masterlist/archive if they'd like.

Official artists are artists that can make Direcean adopts/customs and are considered to be permanently on our artist-team (unless they choose to leave on their own for any reason), they don't currently have a minimum on creating Direcean adopts and are allowed to create however many adopts whenever they feel like doing so.

Guest artists are artists that can also make Direcean adopts (but are, currently, not allowed to make customs for others unless the person asking for a custom has a myo-slot already), guest artists will be kept around for about 1 month, in which time they're expected to make at least a few adopts for the species; after the month is up, it'll be decided whether they'll become an official artist or not.

Masterlist assistants help out with the masterlist/character archive and bank/item archive by assisting in keeping it updated.

(Artists (both guest and official) and masterlist assistants will receive either myos/items for the species (it's their choice between myos or items) as an appreciation gift for helping with the species!)

Moderator applications are currently: Closed

Guest artist search is currently: Closed

Masterlist assistant applications are currently: Closed
Tavros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Direceans - Traits

Postby Tavros » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:06 am

(Traits are currently a major wip and will get changed up later!)

[Non-rarity/Standard] Unusual sclera color, heterochromia, unusual blood color, whiskers, weight edits, expression edits, clothes/accessories, birthmarks/tattoos/scars, default tail, hair edits

[Common] Tongue edits, ear edits, custom tail, pupil edits, horns (on the head), wings, claw/"talon"/paw edits

[Uncommon] Scales, shorter/no fur, longer fur
Tavros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

res 1

Postby Tavros » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:09 am

(Res post 1)
Tavros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

res 2

Postby Tavros » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:19 am

(Res post 2)
Tavros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Direceans

Postby Tavros » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:20 am

Thread is now open for marking/etc!
Tavros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Direceans

Postby acronymm » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:35 pm

mark<3

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things