Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Marshmallow Moths by SilhouetteStation

Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
41 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Marshmallow Moths

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:44 am

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

What are Marshmallow Moths?
They're soft, squishy, and shaped like a friend! These little critters range from fitting in the palm of your hand, to the size of a small housecat - perfect for curling up on your lap for an afternoon snooze. Marshmallow Moths can be both wild and domesticated. They mostly feed on nectar, but if you're keeping one as a pet, be sure to keep them well fed. If they end up nibbling on your cardigan, that's not their fault. They can be very cuddly creatures when they're kept as pets, and even in the wild, they're quite docile creatures. They're fine living solitary, in pairs, or in group settings.

They have a significant amount of fluff and, often, even their wings are fluffy. The rest of their body is covered in a fine layer of fur/hair to help them 'feel' the environment. They have six legs, two antennae, and a proboscis that can vary in shape and length. The fluff in their ears means that their hearing isn't the best, but they are very sensitive to touch. Their eyes work the same as a regular moth, except that these guys have a full range of color.

All in all, whether you're keeping them as a pet or admiring them in the wild, they're certainly an interesting little creature to have around.

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Marshmallow Moths

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:44 am

GENERAL RULES:
    > do not remove my sig
    > always give appropriate credit (species + artist design)
    > you cannot make your own MM without an myo, or make a similar creature and claim it as part of the species
    > you cannot change the design of your MM (without an item + approval)
    > you cannot sell your MM, only gift/trade it within the species
    > by adopting an MM, you're agreeing to never use them in/for nsfw/hateful content
    > please don't bump adopt pages (unless you're the artist)
    > you can own a limitless amount of MM
    > these will be available as both free + paid adopts. no refunds, sorry
    > no mini-modding, please! leave that to official staff
    > no whining, begging, bullying, or intolerance of any kind; you get three strikes before being banned (or an instant ban will be dealt out in extreme cases)
    > if you are banned, any Technicats you own will no longer be counted within this species. you have the option to; move them off of these lines, or relinquish ownership (they will readopted out into the species community). you must still credit the artist for the original design of the character if you keep them, but other than that, they must have no ties to this species
    > if claiming an MM with a fcfs/AB option, you cannot reserve your post for later
    > designs cannot be based on already-made characters (oc's, franchise characters, etc)

━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━━━━

ARTIST RULES:
    > all of the above also applies to you
    > do not use these lines for personal use / adopts outside of this species
    > complying with CS rules, if you sell an adopt for offsite currency, you must take discussion offsite
    > you'll be required to make three MM a month (this can be flexible depending on circumstances, feel free to message me if you need to) and in exchange you'll be given an MYO
    > you will be removed as an artist if you fail to comply with any of these rules

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:45 am

The trait system for MM's is going to be a bit different than some other closed species'. There isn't a rarity tier, as such, more a list of legal + illegal traits that your MM can have. MYO's will be sold according to the amount of edits they allow, rather than the rarity of the traits themselves.

A-OKAY:
    > tail (max. 3)
    > fluff
    > ears (max. 2 sets, 4 total)
    > proboscis
    > hair
    > expression
    > accessories
    > paw-pad shape
    > antennae
    > extra eye (max. 3 total)
    > wings

OFF-LIMITS:
    > no fluff
    > extra antennae
    > extra limbs
    > nose
    > face shape/length
    > 'normal' tongue
    > 'normal' eyes / pupils
    > lack of eyes
    > eyes on body
    > horns/spikes
    > scales
    > no tail
    > no ears
    > feathered/scaled wings
    > gene splicing
    > mechanical anything

CIRCUMSTANTIAL:
    > wings; if you wanted to give them non-moth wings like - say, for example, a monarch butterfly - that would be fine, because they're still insect wings. likewise, if you wanted to make the wings fluffier or differently shaped, that should be fine too
    > limbs; MM aren't naturally born as quadrupeds. if they have less than six legs this would canonically have to be due to a birth defect, or amputation. another example would be a MM having six legs but perhaps one or two having stunted growth, meaning they can't function like their other limbs. you might want to get approval before finishing your MYO if you're wanting to add this edit so that you can change things easily, if needed
    > eyes; it's okay to change the expression of the eyes, but they must still have 'moth' eyes. the 'texture' of their eyes has its own layer within the folders so if you're struggling to recreate that appearance, feel free to copy + paste the layer if it will help. the opacity is turned down low, but you can adjust it if you want
    > if there is an edit not listed here that you're interested in, please message me to discuss!

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:47 am

yeah okay go ahead
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WOOPERSNUMBERONEFAN » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:48 am

Biiiiig mark!!! These are so cute!!! (^o^)
HI!!!!! I LOEV WOOPER A LOT WOOPER IS BEST I GO BY ANY PRONOUSN AND UHHHH I LIEK WOOPER :}

discord: woopersnumberonefan

PLEASE NOTE: i am autistic. i struggle with understanding tone online/through text. if i have done something wrong/or have in the past, please tell me, as i might not know.
WOOPERSNUMBERONEFAN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cecro » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:54 am

mmark
cecro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OriGalaxii » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:55 am

Mark!!
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby enby » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:00 pm

mark mark makrkkkk!!!!
enby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:05 pm

mark they look so soft!
Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
---
Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
---
Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
---
Moonlight is Grazing
---
Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
ToraOkami303

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweathie » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:52 pm

mark :o
xlxImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage