Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

my world map lol by Brienne of Tarth

Artist Brienne of Tarth [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

my world map lol

Postby Brienne of Tarth » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:54 pm

it's currently 4am and i was like... why not make an entire fantasy world, create 'unique' races, and come up with an entire history + storyline nobody else will ever know except for myself? ((; it's basically set up like an open world game (cough skyrim cough), and you'd put your character inside the world; yada yada it makes sense to me

this is just a 'quick' redline sketch of sorts to get started; i'll go back to reline, color code, and add all of the basic map detailing (mountains, forests, towns, mills, farms, etc) later. im only posting this cause if i dont, i will not at all remember doing this once i go to sleep + wake up LMAO

the 'hardest' part of this was genuinely thinking of weird names for both the base 'world', and then each of the major cities/holds. so the basic area is the province of Caecilis (k-uh-sea-l-ee-us), set in an medieval-esque time period. there are 7 prominent cities; BristleGreen , "city of the hanging gardens", an area rich with ingredients necessary for alchemy/etc. Those interested in magic/things alike, will often come here to live or at least receive the highest level of education. Their unique feature is the large library, containing contents necessary to become skilled in just about anything you could imagine. They are the least hostile compared to the rest of the cities; they are on good terms with the others, and avoid conflict at all times. Langmere, "city of healing water", which is self explanatory; the city is unique for the fact that in the castle, there is a special waterfall (which is always protected) that protrudes water that is capable of healing. Fenwyn, "city of the ruby eye", which is basically the area for the wealthy and those of honorary fame, etc. A large variety of merchants parade around, selling unique items only available there (or from stealing + random loot, but that's aside from the point). The nicest homes will be here, and they are unique from the rest of the cities due to their college. Prestmere, "city of the haunted mountains", is one of the two snow covered areas. Surrounded by mountains, gaining the 'haunted' title due to a large variety of reports from adventures claiming to hear unsettling noises during the night (screams, cries, etc etc). Camebury Wood, "city of the Glyphwood forests", the other snowy area. No major city detailing thought of at the moment. Grimfield, "city of the traitors", is stuck in the marshy areas. The city gained the title of 'home of the traitors' due to the various thief hideouts throughout the entire reach. A large majority of poor people reside here, also giving the city a rather poor (haha ;fingerguns;) image. Aside from the thieves, there are still 'good' people that live here, trying to live an honest lifestyle. There is still a decent trade/selling market here, along with the rest of the cities. Yagcaster, "city of the coast", another area surrounded in the marsh and rather gloomy terrain. Not sure of a general backstory for this city yet, but they will be the place mostly known for their wide collection of fish. They have the largest supply of fish/sea creatures compared to all of the cities, gaining them a unique factor than the rest.

still need to do;
• give each city a 'castle' where the leader reside in
• put 1 side town in the areas surrounding every city
• put between 1-5 farms in each city, and scatter them in the outskirts of the borders
• put 1 purchasable home, for the 'player', in each city
• create inns/shops/etc in each city
• give each city 1 lumber mill, and scatter a handful through the outskirts
• create leaders and any 'important' extras (farmers, merchants, etc etc)
• come up with a handful (maybe 10? probably less LOL) of 'religions' - each giving their own unique gift
• think of a name for the 2 options where you choose who you want to fight for
• think of magic powers, and a level system for how you are able to obtain/use them
• other stuff

-----

edit; making the font for the map title.. that was so annoying but i think she looks gorg? now i have to use the same style for each city and town ;crying;

still, obviously, in the process of making a general world history - but i do have a small portion done + written over on TH. shifting through my characters, only a handful could really fit the whole world theme, so maybe in the future once i have this more finished people could throw in their own characters lol

━━━━━━━━━━ S  H  E     P  A  I  N  T  E  D     P  I  C  T  U  R  E  S

╒═════════════╕
♥b i o   2♥
ari, adult, she/they
Toyhou.se
Devianart
S/T Char Thread!

╘═════════════╛

╒═════════════╕
♥b i o   1♥
first oekaki feature
aug. 17th, 22