Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

you've activated my trap card! by Birdy

Artist Birdy [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

you've activated my trap card!

Postby Birdy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:14 pm

back to the kitty cats! we'll call this dude garfield. not because that's his name or anything, but because he's literally the embodiment of garfield.

sometimes i wonder why people call cats jerks....then a cat like garfield comes around and it all makes sense lol. this chonkasaurus still resides at the shelter, and has been with us for a few months now (not exactly sure how long, but definitely over 3 months now.) i've chosen to depict him in his signature "trap" pose. the trap is that he rubs on you and meows, doing his best to convince you that he's your best bud. but as soon as you attempt to reciprocate that affection? you're lucky to walk away with all of your fingers.

garfield is another "spicy sweet" cat, though to give him credit, i genuinely believe he's more sweet than he is spice. unlike Griffin, garfield can be easily managed by just...not...petting him. sounds crazy, right? he's one of those rare cats that simply doesn't want to be smothered with attention. and although he's let me sneak in a few drive-by pats, i've never attempted to push him farther than a pet or two, which is fine by me. truthfully, my only real qualm with garfield is that he's a door-dasher. you try catching a cat without touching it.

though i am proud to say i've managed to get this guy into a carrier not once but TWICE without so much as looking him in the eye for too long lol. definitely one of my biggest accomplishments at the shelter. now that we've worked out a truce between us, garfield is one of my favorite felines at the moment. i'm more than happy to clean his room while he rubs on me, so long as he doesn't try to follow me out the door. and even though he's on a special diet (i mean, look at him...he's one of the only cats i've known to genuinely need a puzzle feeder), i'm happy to toss in a couple of treats as a peace offering.

here's to hoping he finds that perfect home! hopefully with somebody who's just happy to lounge around the house with him, preferably with minimal petting.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me