batpony myo - aeuincol by SilkenDragon

Based on Click to view
Artist SilkenDragon [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

batpony myo - aeuincol

Postby SilkenDragon » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:58 pm

speedrun tactics i say as i trip and slide into the room almost literally last minute

username; Silkendragon
pony name; Aeuincol
gender; female
magick type; water

Personality

Aeuincol is a dedicated, pugnacious fool who cares for little else besides the present and her own goals. With a mind that runs quickly, not deeply, she relies on instinct and her heart's desire, and struggles with long term plans and detailed strategy, requiring time to even put her thoughts into words. Unable to excel in her studies of economics or reading the flow of the political landscape and outpaced by many of her smarter peers in her attempts to do so, Aeuincol focused purely on her combat ability instead. Resulting from her mediocre ability to predict and plan for the future, Aeuincol does poorly in a position of command and is content to leave the shot-calling to others. The whole of her being is dedicated to refining herself into a living weapon beyond comparison. As such, Aeuincol strives to take advantage of every opportunity, even having a brief stint in the past where she attempted to channel her negative emotions into motivation to improve.

Reason to Join

Long ago, when Aeuincol first overheard rumors of positions opening up in the royal guard, she decided to set her sights on joining their ranks. The major reason was fame, and with it, the opportunity to spar with more experienced fighters. With much of her experience coming from informal duels, Aeuincol had little formal education to pad her list of experience with. Aeuincol had even restarted her magical studies at the Guard Academy, as the royal guard were well known for their magical ability, but having neglected her magical arts before, her grades were lackluster in comparison to her classmates. Thus, rarely did any talents take her challenges to spar seriously.

History

Aeuincol couldn't pay for her rent, dueling payments, and schooling fees through sheer fighting passion alone, so she applied for a job at a moving company. Her work there was where she started training herself to lift heavier loads, at first so she would be more efficient, but eventually specifically to strengthen her wings as well. Aeuincol gradually moved up to heavier objects, until she could take off while carrying nearly half her weight and still fly with reasonable speed. Aeuincol had long settled on her original goal before she decided to try out for the royal guard, and the majority of her training before this shift focused on aerial combat. This was much to the detriment of her water magic, Aeuincol having neglected her magical studies in order to do so. As such, Aeuincol's control over most water magic is average, though she's managed to specialize in a few abilities regardless.

Training and Skills

In flight, though her thin and bony wings make her slower and quicker to tire than others with similar training, her wings are also more flexible, giving her greater maneuverability. Aeuincol is able to turn quicker, twist through cluttered spaces, and fly more accurately. Aeuincol is already a difficult opponent on the ground, but given the height advantage, she can be a nightmare to face. Her maneuverability allows her to dodge projectiles and attacks from other flying opponents. With her powerful wings, Aeuincol can drag her opponents out of the sky and forcefully ground them with minimal injury if needed. Aeuincol tends towards diving and swooping attacks, crashing into opponents to knock them over and stun them, or striking at opponents with her hooves as she flies overhead.

Water Magic

With her focus originally on physical training, Aeuincol once held little interest in her magical studies. Most of her skill and precision in water magic stagnated with neglect, though Aeuincol did perfect some abilities. One was forming blades from water. Flying with heavy things could be dangerous, and if her equipment ever failed, she'd easily tip off balance and follow it into the ground. Aeuincol practiced this ability to the point she could use it subconsciously, in the case she ever needed to cut herself loose. In combat, Aeuincol may occasionally form water blades to intimidate her foes. She rarely uses the ability offensively, though, at most using its flat edge to block attacks.
Aeuincol’s second ability is creating dense fogs. Lacking the fine control required to direct it, she takes to the air and uses the beating of her wings to quickly spread billowing fog around the area, reducing the vision of her opponents and obscuring her movements. This would, of course, blind her alongside her opponent, if not for her third main ability.
Her last ability is being able to feel the water around her. Aeuincol is able to sense the shape of objects around her by how the water in the air is displaced. Aeuincol compares it to being able to see a spider web when mist settles on it. Areas with more water means open air; and areas with less water are solid material. Living beings contain lots of water, making them easy to pick out even in rough conditions. Of which, she needs a specific humidity range to use this skill at its full potential - if the air is too dry, air and solid matter can become difficult to differentiate, and if the air is too wet, it creates too much information to process. Using her magic, she can form the perfect conditions herself by forcing water away or using her fog generation to add water into the air.
i dont know what to say here, but this shade of green is nice so im keeping it :)

SilkenDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me