Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

character for character ! | temp. closed by Deercan

Artist Deercan [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

character for character ! | temp. closed

Postby Deercan » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:24 pm

saw a lot of people doing these so I thought I'd make my own! This is my first time doing this so we'll see how it goes.
Any characters I make in return will be done off oekaki, as I'm not confident with my skills in oekaki.
Sorry for the huge text wall below. I'll clean it up when I have computer access, sorry.

Design examples below
1, 2 (bright colours), 3, 4, 5
I'm more confident with drawing animals/furries than humans however this doesn't mean I won't draw them! I'm just still practicing drawing humans is all!

[ to-do list for my reference: off-site entry ]

Rules:
- credit me on my toyhouse (unifiedtheory)
- trading/gifting the oc you receive is fine, you can sell if you have added art (stuff you draw counts too!)
- you can do whatever you want with your design if I don't decide to keep it!
- I won't be doing headshots, I would heavily prefer if your design was at least a fullbody or halfbody!
- you can do multiple- please only one at a time though!
- if you receive a character from me you have permission to make changes/tweaks - giving them different outfits and such is absolutely fine! You can make them seperate forms (such as giving a human oc a monster form) as long as you keep the form designs together and don't trade/sell the form seperate.
-you must ask me before bringing them into/transferring them to any arpgs or closed species. Do not base any closed species chars off of the design I make for you without permission.
- dont remove my signature from the oc I give you
- feel free to post off oekaki entries below or beneath a cover!
- please give me any sort of TOS when you make me a design so I can follow it if I keep your oc!

Please note I have chronic pain so art takes me a bit longer to do than normal, however if I am ever unable to complete your oc I will let you know and you may keep your design if this does happen.
I will not be uploading/using the design you make for me until I finish my side of the design trade, don't worry ! ^^

Looking for:
I'm mostly looking for human/humanoids, however I'll also accept/look at ferals creatures anthro etc as well!!
I'll look at anything outfit and other stuff wise but some main faves are below
outfits: casual, suits, trenchcoats, unique outfits, accessories hats etc are always fun, 70s/80s/90s clothes, socks + sandals/crocs, sunglasses or glasses of some kind, outfits that have 'character'. Fantasy inspired stuff is always new too! Modern outfits neat too
Colours: offwhites and offblacks, fun colour matches, casual browns, purples, reds,, honestly I'll look at anything as long as its Not Bright Yellow. Fun colour combos are awesome too!!! Love colourful accents- semi monochromatic palettes can also be cool ! Love these paired with reds/warmer colours
misc: I love all kinds of hair but I'm a sucker for mullets/general 70s style hair. Honestly I LOVE 70s themed ocs in general hand em over. Ocs with a sort of.. mystery noir theme/vibes are AWESOME as well I love em
Masculine, feminine, gnc ocs.. I have no preference between them so go wild
Diversity in designs is ALWAYS appreciated! Wheelchairs/mobility devices, scars, body shapes/size, physical features, etc. - PLEASE dont be afraid to be diverse with the designs- just make sure to do research on things if you're unsure how to portray/draw something specific!
Robotic aspects are always neat too- interpret this as you wish (robotic limb, full on fantasy robot guy,, be creative with it!)
Ocs with that pathetic guy energy. Specifically think like spamton felix kranken etc.
Fantasy hints to regular/'normal' designs are amazing- monster forms, wings, stuff like that
Animals I like: (these are mostly for if you don't wanna do a 100% human oc/wanna make something else) - TOUCANS, cats (especially the odd breeds like lykoi Cornish Rex sphinx etc), bearded vultures, ravens, doves/pigeons, maned wolves, parrots, deer, ram, made up/mythical species, hybrids, etc. anything with those vibes but have fun with it. Weird Little Creatures are also awesome as well as monsters

Dislikes:
- 100 different pinks on the same oc- I have trouble telling pinks apart, love the colour though
- too much yellow
- muddy colours
- unnatural skintones (blue green orange etc) on human/humanoids UNLESS they are an alien/non-human humanoid (such as d&d type fantasy ocs)
- body eyes, mouths on body, unatural limb placement, etc
- anything that could be considered offensive
- please no feathers behind ears this directly goes with above rule
- gonna say No to full neon ocs this time however I will look at them still as long as they're not.. impossible to look at per say. Be nice to my poor eyes please
- earthworms or anything similar. Bug antenna and stuff are epic just nothing slimy :(
- cop/military themes. (Freelance detectives are more than fine however as they are entirely different)
Last edited by Deercan on Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: character for character ! | OPEN

Postby craig? » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:24 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmBITES the thread to mark it
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Electronia » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:25 pm

Mark
Kyron - College Student - Adult
Slower replies - PMs set to friends only

God Bless
My best friend.
Electronia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kromer » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:01 pm

Mark πŸ‘€

kidd | he/they
fallout enjoyer
i draw sometimes

╔══════════════╗

♬♬♬♬
listo | th | artfight

kromer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadcat » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:20 pm

MarK
Previously CatOwU
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sadcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:43 am

mark !!
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult
β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹…

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹… ⋆ β‹…
BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: character for character ! | temp. closed

Postby Deercan » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:04 am

Just posting an update but I'll be temporarily closing this for new entries! Once I'm done the character returns on my list I'll reopen this, and hopefully have the first post cleaned up by then too! ^-^

If you have an entry you've already started- feel free to post this still! Just be noted of the above.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me