Artist ethium [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by ethium

won't lay down our heads till the day is won

Postby ethium » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:35 am

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      -- not your typical soldier, faustus (also called faust), is a quiet, compassionate stallion with a heart for literature and the earth. Although not the most skilled fighter in his class, his talents range from medicine to crafting, archery, and conflict mediation are other pastimes. If fautus can avoid a fight, he will, but that doesn't mean he cannot do what needs to be done. Capable of thinking on his feet, faust prefers to deescalate conflict to avoid unnecessary fighting and bloodshed. He is under the impression that there have been enough lives lost, but is not above doing what is best for the whole and if that means ending another life.. so be it.

username; ethium
      pony name; faustus
      gender; male
      magick type; earth

nickname: faust
      pronouns: he/him, they/them

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by ethium on Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

won't stop running till we reach the sun

Postby ethium » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 am

early childhood (0-6)
      faustus was born to octavia and marcus. they were married young and from the start were unhappy with their relationship and one another. Many say if it weren't for faustus, his mother would have left his father long ago, but the desire for her son to have a proper father would keep her in the relationship until faustus moved off into his own. from the beginning it was evident that marcus did not want to be a father, and he would often take out his frustrations on a young, impressionable faustus. he was never physical or outright abusive, but there were many periods in which he would flat out ignore faust or deny that faust was his son at all. marcus was away frequently due to his job as a doctor, which would later inspire faustus's interest in herbal medicine.

young adolescence (6-15)
      faustus grew insecure and needy. he became a people pleaser as a result of his father's unwillingness to give him any love or affection. faust grew desperate for his father's attention, and even began to go so far as to cause problems and issues in an attempt to gain any attention from his father at all (be it negative or positive.) this only seemed to drive his father away more, who would frequently get into shouting matches with his mother. it was an unhappy, unstable time with tempers flaring on all three sides of the family triangle. faust threw himself into his studies, eager to avoid the tumultuous emotions and would often leave home for long periods of time so that he did not need to be reminded of how unhappy his home life was.

young adult (16-26)
      as a young adult his mother finally divorced his father, and she brought faustus with her across town. the pair was immediately happier, and the question was brought up as to why they did not engage in this action sooner. it was not long before faustus went off on his own, getting his own place and working part-time at a plant nursery.

now (28)
      faustus is eager to train with the fellow guards, and hopes to prove himself via the guard regime. he believes that he can make a difference and is eager to do so.

(Why do they desire the Royal Guard position, and what training have they gone through to prepare themselves?)
      From the moment faustus laid his eyes on the potential to be a royal guard, he knew this was where his heart was calling him. the chance to help others beyond himself was incredibly appealing. this and the fact that lunare has always been a symbol of freedom and an inspiration to faustus. he seems so mysterious but alluring, to the point that there was a period during his childhood in which he consumed all of the media he could possibly consume about lunare. (not obsessively.. of course, he just needed something to fill the time.)

as for training, faust quickly threw himself into knowledge and combat training. although he excelled when it came to knowledge, combat was lacking. and he still struggles with his lack of combat ability. he finds that he does not have the heart to hurt others, and would rather lead an opponent away from arms than take them up unless absolutely necessary. he did, however, find his calling with medicine and healing wounds (particularly his because he is very clumsy with any weapon that is not a bow.) he found his weapon of choice with a bow and arrow (on the rare occasions he chooses to take up a weapon) and finds that he has a relatively good aim for someone who is so clumsy with a sword. he is working on it though, despite his struggles.

Last edited by ethium on Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chasing all the things that are keeping us young

Postby ethium » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 am

general personality
      faust is a fairly quiet, contemplative individual who has extensive knowledge of medicine and in using the earth as a form of medicine. (such as medicinal herbs, natural remedies..etc.) he's compassionate and has a heart for those around him, eager to serve and a people-pleaser by nature. he wants to be liked, but is working on not needing to be liked by others in order to boost his own self-worth. It is a journey that is has been hard and arduous, particularly as a result of his childhood, but he is working on it.

positive traits:
      - dependable - if you need something done, faust is your guy. he would do anything for a well-liked acquaintance, and sometimes would do anything for a stranger if it meant he might earn their favor. sometimes he has a hard time saying no.
      - intelligent - if faust was normal, maybe he would pursue the magic of knowledge instead of the earth, or maybe even both. knowledge and reading have always fascinated him, and he has spent long hours gorging himself on the anatomy of creatures, the workings of the earth, and plants. he finds if he studies things, the less timid he becomes around them.
      - compassionate - faust has a real heart for those around him and would work night and day to ensure their safety and happiness, almost to the point of sacrificing his own. despite his hesitance to say no, faustus genuinely enjoys helping people and although he may take some me-time due to his introvertedness, he isn't afraid to stand up for others if it makes them uncomfortable.
      - honest - faustus is quite honest, and sees no point in lying unless it might lead to direct harm. he's honest to a point- and usually that point involves uncomfortable subjects that may cause future conflict.

neutral traits:
      - introverted - faust is quite introverted and often must take time to himself to recharge. he doesn't usually speak to people unless spoken to, but the moment he notices someone else is uncomfortable is the moment he becomes an open book... its rather exhausting.
      - folksy - faustus is known to be rather informal.. this can be a particular challenge when it comes to situations in which he must be formal, but he never adopts a formal tone when speaking with those he is around. he is simply one of them and has a way of bringing people into conversations when they might otherwise feel left out. his goal is to make you as comfortable as possible, even if it results in him becoming uncomfortable.

negative traits:
      - pessimistic - faust has a tendency to find the negative thoughts and dwell on them, to the point that he can spiral into a world of what-ifs that make him discouraged and near-quitting.
      - self-loathing - this is a trait faust is very aware of and is keenly attempting to curb in himself. he recognizes he is too hard on himself, especially when he has to let a relationship go or cannot understand a concept as quickly as his peers, (and he's especially critical of his fighting ability.. he wishes he would be more impressive..).
      - defensive - as a result of his childhood, faustus often feels a need to defend his actions or to go above and beyond in proving his self-worth. he can become bitter and resentful if challenged, and often goes overboard during personal arguments. he does not enjoy feeling attacked.
      - needy - faust needs to feel wanted, and although he's working on it, he craves the attention and praise of his peers and superiors. if he feels as if he is wanted, then he feels good and pleased with his work. but if he does not get the attention he feels is necessary for the task, he becomes depressed and doubts his abilities. this is also when his self-loathing really comes into play.

vitiligo as an insecurity
      faustus is incredibly insecure about his vitiligo, even though nobody really comments on it. He sees it as a blemish, and as something that must be hidden or erased. when he was younger he used to smear mud on himself, to attempt and hide it, which resulted in a stern scolding from his mother who insisted that nothing was wrong with her beautiful son. despite this, his father always acted as if he were the problem, and for a long time faust assumed it was because he did not look like the other kids, and not simply an issue his father had with fatherhood in general. as a result, he became very insecure of it, and often wears clothing that might cover it up.

-- in recent years, since moving out of his parents domain, faust has become more outgoing and confident with his appearance, and although he has the moment spikes in which he feels insecure, he is usually able to handle it.

magic (training, connection..etc.)
      faustus loves the earth, for the earth became his solstice during his tumultuous family situation. he avoided the yelling of his parents by studying leaves and playing in the woods behind his home, throughout his childhood the woods became a place of solace, not malice, and he still has a hard time when people insist that the woods are scary, primarily became he came to associate the forest with safety.

it wasn't much of a surprise when he chose to focus his efforts on cultivating and encouraging the earth's growth. he loves the earth, and he loves his magic. this passion for nature has translated itself into an extensive knowledge of herbal medicine and earth magic that he hopes to utilize for the future of paledon.

aspirations and goals [this list is scrawled upon a loose piece of scroll paper and seems hastily written.. maybe faust was in a hurry?)
      - help others
      - not die (lol)
      - get my fathers approval (if he would talk to me..)

playlist
      - woodland - the paper kites
      - dandelion wine - gregory alan isakov
      - bloom - the paper kites
      - master & a hound - gregory alan isakov
      - hello my old heart- the oh hellos
      - would that I - hozier
      - frozen pines - lord huron

Last edited by ethium on Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

we won't stop running till we reach the sun

Postby ethium » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:37 am

relationship with family
      mother - octavia - excellent relationship, he is the closest with his mother because she is the only one who he felt cared in his life. she loves him dearly and regularly visits his new home.
      father - marcus - very poor relationship, marcus never liked faust and made it clear from the beginning. despite this, faustus still craves his fathers love and attention, and usually makes an effort to show that he is still open to a healthy relationship. (which will never come to pass.. unfortunately for faust. he really has a hard time letting go of relationships.)
      siblings - n/a
      familiar - none at this moment - potentially a barn owl in the future?

additional relationships -- please feel free to msg me if you want to have a relationship of any sort with him !!
      name - about
      name - about
      name - about

ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me