Baltic Huskies Artist Entry 1 by BlueEyedKite

Based on Click to view
Artist BlueEyedKite [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Baltic Huskies Artist Entry 1

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:07 am

Hi there you can call me Kite! I plan on designing a merle coat next. This pup is a copper shaded piebald c: I left the harness off to show off the coat pattern, but rest assured I can color in a harness and can leave a harness on the next entry if you prefer.

Username ;; BlueEyedKite
Position ;; Ghost Artist
How often are you online ;; I am online every day but I am seeking the ghost artist position since my job is so demanding I don't think I could create an adopt as often as a Main Artist (as much as I would want to).
Will you be on the community discord ;; No. I'm sorry I've tried to get into discord but the constant notifications on my computer and phone gave me anxiety. I'm happy remaining strictly on CS and can be reached easily by PM.
Do you have past experience ;; I have not been an artist on a species but I have my own husky designs I have put out for adoption. You can find them, here
Some of your favorite past designs ;; merle + ticking, merle, piebald + shaded
What would you contribute to the staff team ;; Hire me if you want someone to churn out regular adopts. I've been the follower of many species over the years and popular adopts, like these huskies, inevitably can't keep up with demand. An adopt goes up and it has several pages of hopeful applicants. I've been on the other side and been disappointed when I lose out again and again to an adopt. Should I be brought on to the staff I'd like to post only adopts. No customs, no breedings, just adopt after adopt. I want to give users the chance at a Baltic Husky. I may throw in a few simple raffles but the majority of my adopts would be writing prompts or art prompts. You'd be amazed at the talent CSians have in the arts and I'd like to channel that energy towards Baltic Huskies. Aside from contributing adopts I'm also comfortable with writing. I have a BA in English and have been a literate role player for decades. I'd be pleased to provide a writing sample if you'd like an example of lore I could generate for the species.
What are some of your strengths and weaknesses ;; One of my biggest strengths is I am comfortable with natural dog designs. I leaned heavily into canine coat colors in my art. Huskies are one of my favorite dog breeds and I took my time studying them. I love showcasing the black "eyeliner" coloration around their eyes, the freckles around the nose, bi-colored eye colors, even the subtle shading under their nose connecting to their mouth. It's these little details I would bring to my adopts. Furthermore if you look in my gallery you will see I love merle and I love shaded designs. I have a soft look to my coat designs. The edges are feathered and colors are blended. It's an artistic choice and I hope you like my style of natural dog designs.

As for weaknesses I have never attempted brindle. I would assume I could do it, but I've never attempted it. Also, I do not understand genotypes/phenotypes. I have read guides and I am just lost. My designs come from reference photos with my own twist. I also think because I do not understand genetics that my breedings would not be satisfactory. I breed parents based on their looks, blending them together, but I'm aware genetics can produce surprising outcomes. This is part of the reason why I would like to produce adopts instead of attempting breedings. I wouldn't want to disappoint an owner who was expecting more exciting pups than a literal combination of the parents with modified coat colors.
What is a situation where you would be biased in/have trouble with ;; I had to think a while on this question. I genuinely don't think I would have a bias larger than the average person. I'm going to gravitate to things that interest me if I'm doing a "find me a cool animal" prompt or perhaps I'd show more leniency in a writing piece since I know the struggle of coming up with original ideas. However, my bias is not going to sway so strongly it would be a problem. My adopts would have all types of contests so eventually everyone would have a chance at an area they are good at. Honestly I don't intend on glancing at usernames when I host a contest unless it's a situation where I put out an adopt for first time owners.
Any additional information / other ;; If you have more questions for me feel free to reach out by pm. I love that the Baltic Huskies are being given a second chance and I'd like to be a part of putting these pups in the hands of more CSians.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me