Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[Collies of the North] Winter Exclusives! by Birdy

Artist Birdy [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

[Collies of the North] Winter Exclusives!

Postby Birdy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:00 pm

hopping aboard the 'winter exclusive' species trend 😎

What are Collies of the North?
Collies of the North are a mysterious collie breed that appeared one winter seemingly out of the blue. As people began to find strange dog bones [don't worry, the chewable kind!] on their doorsteps, one by one they materialized from the snow! It's unclear how they got here or where they came from, but one thing is certain- these guys are quite the lovable and loyal pet! With gentle manners and a goofy charm, Collies of the North are family-friendly and absolute cuddle-bugs. We're not quite sure what happened here, but we're hoping they're here to stay!

How do I get a Collie of the North?
Because they are a winter-exclusive species, adopts will be released beginning December 1st and through December 31st. Some will be free, others will be for some form of currency (Don't worry- no USD. CS pets/currencies only!) Stay tuned for the adopts!

Why can't I see what the Collies of the North look like?
Don't worry, I promise you will get a full-fledged collie if you win an adopt! But to keep the suspense (and align with similar exclusive species), they'll take a little bit to show themselves. But, each adopt will have a little hint as to what your collie will look like. Each bone is wrapped in a bow that displays a pattern similar to what your collie will have. Here's how it works:

a) An adopt is released as a bow-wrapped dog bone, with the bow having a similar design as the collie
b) 48 hrs after the adopt has been won/claimed, the bone will "grow" into the adult collie, with its entire design (and ref) included!

Will all Collies of the North look the same?

No! In addition to having unique designs, there are also a few ear and tail variations! These are a mystery, though, and will be randomly assigned c:

Can I make/purchase a custom Collie of the North?

All collies will be made by me. I'm undecided on whether or not I'll do customs, but for now the answer is: unlikely.

Will Collies of the North continue after December 31st?

As they are a winter exclusive, adopts will finish being made by December 31st. Likewise, there will not be a breeding option. However, you are welcome to continue character-building, etc. as you'd like! And who knows- maybe these guys will make a return next year!
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Collies of the North] Winter Exclusives!

Postby Birdy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:20 pm

These are now open! c:
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Collies of the North] Winter Exclusives!

Postby gardog » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Marking ^^

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog