✧Ponies of Paledon Citizen; Mr.Macallister✧ by bakuraas.

Based on Click to view
Artist bakuraas. [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

✧Ponies of Paledon Citizen; Mr.Macallister✧

Postby bakuraas. » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:17 am

Name: Chasy Macallister
Pronouns: He/Him
Species: Pony
Magic: Mechanical + Knowledge
Familiar: Gray Tabby Cat named Gears

Designer: kii
Original Entry Page: kii entry #2

Personality
Chasy is the textbook definition of a grumpy old man, typically not wanting to be disturbed by anyone he doesn't already have a connection to. Despite this, he's actually quite a sweetheart when you get to know him, and tends to soften up when it comes to those who he knows and has had genuine conversations with. He's sentimental, but he wouldn't like that going around, he doesn't want folks to know that he keeps every gift he's ever been given, even those from customers coming in on holidays. He's also quite good with kids, and has on an occasion even tutored one of his friends' children in knowledge magic as a favor. Even if the heart hidden under his grumpiness ends up making him kind, it also makes him emotional, and he tends to hold grudges for extended periods of time. He's also not very good with verbal arguments, but if he's backed into a corner verbally he's not afraid to throw hooves at any time and any place.

Living Place and Views
Chasy is usually found in his workshop, which also works as his storefront where he sells his clocks and assorted mechanical work. Those who've seen his workshop know that the place is decorated wall-to-wall in assorted artistic creations alongside tools and mechanical thingamabobs. Chasy does have a certain entrance meant for customers though, which lead them to a display of all of his goods, with his actual workbenches behind a large counter. Even less folk know that Mr.Macallister lives in a small apartment above the store, which is decorated just as much, but with more artistic works and gifts instead of gears and tools. It's a very small living space, but as Mr.Macallister is one pony, it works for him.

Some have asked about where Chasy used to live, but he tends to avoid talk about his family's home, which had recently changed hooves from being run by his father to being run by his older brother. He has hopes for the home in it's new control, however, as his older brother was one of the only members of his family to actively support his experimental endeavors as a foal, instead of attempting to force him to only use knowledge magic like a large amount of his family.

Chasy and the Macallister family at large are loyalists with no specific affiliation. While Chasy's views on Haven are as simple as rude remarks about fools who willingly wander up to the freezing land, his feelings about the werwild are a bit more...complex. Chasy aggressively doesn't trust anyone from the werwild, and has been actively trying to convince one of his friends to move away from the southern border. Despite this however, Chasy truly believes there are some good folk in the werwild, as he even tempted the idea of moving into the werwild despite his best judgment at one point...and if it weren't for a certain batpony breaking his heart, he just might have.

Magic and Familiar
Chasy's family attempted to train him to specialize in knowledge magic like most of his family, but Chasy was never really quite as talented in knowledge magic as he was with the magic of his choice; mechanical magic. Outside of his parents' gaze, he would practice his mechanical magic with great passion, and had even taken to being tutored in secret to learn more outside of what he could learn from being self-taught. Eventually, Chasy moved out of his family's home and actively began to apprentice under a clockmaker who was extremely talented in mechanical magic. Old Mr.Ironstep is long dead now, but Mr.Macallister has a small book full of his knowledge that he passed down onto him, and it's one of his most prized posessions. Mr.Macallister has an intense belief that knowledge magic can go along with most other magic, and that anyone could benefit from taking some time to learn at least a small bit of it, even if only to improve their usage of their primary type of magic.

Chasy met Gears when he was a teenager, and at the time Gears was a very small kitten. Chasy had never been one to think he'd take a familiar, afraid that having an animal around would only cause problems for when he had a workshop in the future. However, during one rainy night, his family's home got a knock at the door, but instead of another pony to greet them, Chasy and his father walked to the door to see a small box on the ground, containing a kitten swaddled up in a blanket. Chasy might have been apprehensive about animals being about, but he wasn't a monster by any means, and he and his father both agreed to take care of the little cat. At first, Gears was just a pet, a kind cat who would walk around and purr against Chasy's legs as he tried to walk to his workshop at the time, which really was just his room. However, over time, Gears began to become more attached to Chasy, following him everywhere and consistently finding a place on the pony's shoulders. The real moment where Chasy realized that Gears was his familiar was when he was working on one of his first clocks, and he openly stated a part he was looking for without really meaning to. Who else but Gears to jump on Chasy's desk and drop the exact gear needed right in front of him. Chasy at the time was shocked, knowing very well that it wasn't as if he had trained Gears to identify...well, gears. Over time, Chasy learned just how smart the gray tabby was, and he got more and more impressed as time went on. Nowadays, Gears is commonly seen walking by Chasy's side, and helps Chasy with his clockmaking, as well as his shopkeeping and general house upkeep.
Last edited by bakuraas. on Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups