31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

chicoon god entry : god of mistakes

Postby corvidous » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:43 pm

Username: corvidous
Chicoon name: clip
Traits:
>nr : size/height, custom lines, expression
> c: eyebrow edit, claws, horns, ear edits, teeth edits, mouth edit, feathers
> uc: pupil edit, sclera color, iris shape, unmatching eyes/fire, particles, glowing patches
> r : shaped flame, additional wings, more than 2 fire colors, nose edits, hand edits, magic, missing legs, additional ears, antenna, other than feathered wings
> g: graffiti (markings extend off the body), glass/translucent body, long body

God of mistakes:
Suggested lore:

Man, ya know, I wasn't really expecting this to happen when I was doodling up a concept for a god chicoon. I couldn't get the proportions correct. The legs wouldn't position right. The entire movement and spine was just plain wrong. Aren't chicoons normally supposed to have four legs? Somehow my anatomy sketch ended up being visible too, there in the midsection, and it looks like the chicoon just made itself a capsule to keep that from being exposed entirely. Great.

This thing has had its own sentience since I sketched it out and here it is telling me to write up this post for this contest. Says it's some sort of 'chicoon god of mistakes'.

Why am I even going along with what this sketch, this lineart and coloring, says....

See, I'm not even sure how this thing functions as a chicoon. It looks like a chicoon. It sounds like a chicoon. It... kind of moves like a chicoon.... But does that mean it's a chicoon? The jury's still out. But my intention wasn't to make a god of mistakes. I had wanted to make something entirely different, like the god of the color blue, or the feather god....

And yet, here we are, with one potential god of mistakes telling me that it's perfectly okay for it to exist in this way since I hadn't meant for it to happen it was a mistake, which immediately should confirm its status. Whatever. It's still just a doodle on a SAI file so...

They, apparently their name is Clip, wanted me to mention that their godhood extends to all those chicoons sitting in your saved drawings. Those doodles and half sketches never quite finished. To the fifteen different chicoon designs you erased while trying to settle on a palette. To the chicoons with that one dot on a layer you can't find. And, of course, to the decisions that may feel like mistakes but, even if they were, end up being something that helps in the long term.

Those chicoons you never finished were practice. The palettes you cycled through? Practice. And that one dot? A training in patience.

Clip wanted to say that they are the god mistakes, and, by extension, the guardian of improvement and practice.

This is all really nice to know, of course, but I'm really just curious which layer I left the clipping off on.... those markings shouldn't be like that....
hello

---------

he / they
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me