Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I Swear I Could See It by Wolfumus

Artist Wolfumus [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I Swear I Could See It

Postby Wolfumus » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:45 pm

So yeah, I was gonna just make a vent piece, but this one actually also turned out really nice so that's pretty fun.

But yeah, the vent piece. No need to read it if you don't want to, I appreciate you even clicking on my art! But yeah, where to start.
I attend a tech school for about 3 hours on the days I don't work my co-op job. I'm studying in agriculture and animal sciences. That class is like a home. Yesterday while in a meeting with my boss, some staff, and another co-op student, we learned of a situation.

A small fire broke out in our barn yesterday morning. A quarantined pig knocked over a heater into a turkey pen. They were essentially just hatched, and we kept them in a round plastic pool filled with pine shavings. The shavings caught very quickly. We lost every turkey. Their entire pool burnt. Every one of our white rabbits and chickens were black and brown when our instructor found the fire, all from smoke. Our three pregnant pigs and all of our young show pigs were in the other room, just breathing in smoke. Every door was closed to keep in warmth. The building's concrete structure kept anything from spreading firewise, but the fumes and smoke will keep us out of the barn for minimum 2-3 weeks. We have no idea what we lost. The most damage took place in our room filled with our best equipment and medications. What will be usable, and what needs to be tossed is unknown. The stress of the situation may cause all three of our mother pigs to lose their litters before they're born. We only have about a month to go before they're due. Our show pigs will compete in January. Whether or not they'll make it until then is unknown. This would be my first, if not only opportunity to ever show, and I love my pig more than I can even tell. Yes, it could be so much worse, but until we learn more, I feel like I've lost a part of myself.

So that's that. I'll go to my tech school tomorrow. Hopefully they'll know more. Anyways though, to those of you who read that, a big thank you. I just needed to write it all out. It's been a rough two days haha.
She/Her or He/Him | Androgynous Female | Bisexual | Adult | OCD & PTSD
Things will get better, I promise. You're doing great!
Wolfumus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me