Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Closed Species (Soft?) Interest Check by Artwork-Is-Key

Artist Artwork-Is-Key [gallery]
Time spent 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Closed Species (Soft?) Interest Check

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:51 am

EDIT: We have a mascot!
EDIT: There is a discord now! https://discord.gg/PCcWHNpghP And a world! https://toyhou.se/~world/94261.a-mysterious-world

Hello!

Recently, within the past few weeks I've been slowly developing this species that I call Skullroots. I have a bit of lore, I have traits, and I have a plan. Right now I have a discord set up for them and I have one mod (possibly an artist as well?) besides myself who would love to make these guys a thing. Please read below for some information! I'd love to know if people here are interested in this species, and if so, I intend on carrying out my entire plan for them at least until I can't anymore lol. Please do not use these, because even if there isn't any interest, I 100% intend on using them regardless!

Some Small Lore wrote:Skullroots are a sentient plant/animal species with no known origin. They have been found wandering around in search of a home or already taking over various home options. They are an interesting plant creature with no skeleton on in the inside, but bears a skull head. These creatures can move as they please and can even walk on their roots. They have been seen responding to various things such as sound, light, touch, etc. Over time people have decided to keep them as they would any other plant, but they've learned they are more than just keeping a normal plant because these can move, feel, and even make sounds.

Skullroots are now part of households and it has been learned that they do not feed like normal plants or animals. Instead they feed on emotion and energy around that then come off of any living thing, whether animal or plant. Whatever they take in seems to change their personalities slightly depending on their diet. They otherwise do not eat and it is unknown if they need to in order to survive.

The Plan wrote:Due to my inability to comfortably use Oekaki, and the fact that I am not here on a daily basis, I've decided this species will be solely adopted out on TH and on Discord. Unfortunately, this does mean that anyone who wants to own them must have a TH account, but don't worry! For those who do not have one, I intend to have the ability to get codes on the Discord Server. For those that do not want one..I have yet to figure that part out. It might be fine not having one. That is something to determine...

Okay, so it will be Discord and TH only.. All Skullroots will have their own TH profile created by their artist and added to the TH world and the Archive. They'll be adopted out on Discord and TH. One other thing is I intend on these being slightly chill? That means I personally probably won't get more than one adopt out a week, especially since I have other things I will be doing due to life being how it is. But I do want to have a few people be an artist. These artists will be able to get a free myo or two every month as main payment. The species will be free and not free, with raffles, contests, otas, etc, as well. Oh, and these guys can breed. Eventually. and will all possibly be custom lined each time. x'D

Now the cool part..Over time I intend on making what I'll call Special Skullroots. These will be skullroots that are personally owned by me only, and will not have the ability to be adopted out to anyone, and the reason is because i intend on having merchandise at some point! These special skullroots will have a th with their own little story and a name, and you will be able to get stickers and stuff from an online store (redbubble, zazzle..I'm unsure who to go through right now). I think that'd make these fun! And I might even have a voting session in the discord to vote on their traits before they are made. : D

So that's partially it! The plan is a bit rough but I'd love to know what people think. If you are interested, keep your eye out for me to post their discord server here on this thread. I'd love to also hear feedback, questions, concerns, etc.

Again, please do not use this species as it belongs to me (Artwork-is-key/Keyoto-TheFox) and I do intend on using them regardless of the interest amount.
Last edited by Artwork-Is-Key on Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

DEVIANTARTARTFIGHTTOYHOUSE
FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

▪ DISCORD: artworkiskey ▪
ImageImageImage

My UMA: Rafficorns!

I am known as Artwork-Is-Key and Keyoto-TheFox (With and without dashes). Most of the time, unless otherwise said, both names mean me. :3
Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Closed Species (Soft?) Interest Check

Postby grassman. » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:55 am

these sound really cool!! I’d love to join in as a member and maybe? a potential artist in the future if you’d like :3

grass - she/they
    toyhouse
    discord: vermintl
grassman.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:15 am

Super in love with this idea! Saturn's drawing brought me over. I would love to volunteer as an artist!
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
utterly obsessed with kento nanami, my husband.

🦈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:21 am

.plaguewind. wrote:these sound really cool!! I’d love to join in as a member and maybe? a potential artist in the future if you’d like :3

Tacitus wrote:Super in love with this idea! Saturn's drawing brought me over. I would love to volunteer as an artist!

I am glad that both of you like them! The discord should be available shortly, within an hour to a day! At the moment I won't need another artist, but in the future I might so I'll look forward to both of you applying then if you're still interested!

FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

ImageImageImage

I am known as Artwork-Is-Key and Keyoto-TheFox (With and without dashes). Most of the time, unless otherwise said, both names mean me. :3
Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bridgy1234 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:23 pm

I love the idea
Bridgy1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khenney » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:45 pm

I love these! Im a houseplant freak and this has so much potential
Art commissions and trades are closed. I just don't have time guys, I'm so sorry

I am an adult player

You can call me Khen, CG, or Bailee
I have a son (adult player,) 2 mutts, fish, chickens, and a goat. I'm prone to medical problems. If you ever need help with equine genetics just send me a message and I will help if I can. If not I will give my best guess and provide resources
If you have a pressing art request, pm me, chances are I'll atleast atempt it

Character Storage¤Art Shop Page (closed)
Rest in peace Logan Admiral
khenney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:44 am

khenney wrote:I love these! Im a houseplant freak and this has so much potential

Bridgy1234 wrote:I love the idea

I am glad you both like these! I am hoping to have a grand opening or a few adopts up within the next week, so look out of those if you're interested! They'll probably be posted on the Discord or their TH!

FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

ImageImageImage

Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:37 am

We have a mascot now! Pretty soon, there will be adopts or even an event for grand opening! Grand opening will happen within the next week.

FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

ImageImageImage

Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me