Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Familiurrs [hiring staff!] by Birdy

Artist Birdy [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by ~Soul~

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

Familiurrs [hiring staff!]

Postby Birdy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:47 pm

II Main Page II Nursery II Artist Search II

Something wicked this way comes...and it looks like a cat!
Familiurrs are feline companions to witches, though they have a tendency to dabble in magick themselves!
Broken into subcategories, Familiurrs range in appearance from your average housecat to something more...unique. Each subcategory represents a different type of magick that the Familiar uses, and each type of magick has its perks! These perks come in handy for day-to-day life, but they can also be used to get a leg up in certain events and specials- so think carefully when deciding which one(s) to adopt!

CURRENTLY HIRING STAFF!

⛤ As of now, there is no limit to how many Familiurrs a user can adopt.
⛤ For the time being, trading/selling/giving away your Familiurr(s) is strictly prohibited. A trading system will be implemented in the near future once an archive is established.
⛤ This community will be one built on mutual respect- no bullying/harassment will be tolerated.
⛤ This is a closed species, meaning you may not make your own Familiurr without permission from me (the owner.)

⛤ As an artist, you must do your best to remain unbiased in your judging process for adopts.
⛤ For the time being, artists are not allowed to sell or auction Familiurr designs.
⛤ Artists must commit to creating a minimum of one unique adopt per month. Once an artist has gone three months without an adopt, they will be considered "inactive" and will no longer qualify for continued artist perks. Once an artist has gone six months without an adopt, they will be removed of their artist status.
⛤ Artist perks are as follows:
- (one) unlimited rare custom upon hire
- (one) unlimited uncommon custom per month
- more to come
Last edited by Birdy on Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Familiurrs [DO NOT POST!]

Postby Birdy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:47 pm

Gloom; a magick dealing in darkness, Gloom Familiurrs thrive at night and in the winter months. Often having a dreary air about them, these Familiurrs tend to be cold and pessimistic. However, they are also excellent at finding the silver linings when other Familiurrs may struggle to, and are known for their strength and perseverance.
- +5 points in winter season
- +5 points in dusk/night hours
- -2 points in summer season
- -2 points in dawn/day hours

Fluorescense; a magick consumed by light, Fluroescent Familiurrs are a cheery and uplifting folk that thrive in the daylight. Perhaps its their undying optimism, or perhaps there's something else, but these cats always seem to have luck on their side. Although they sometimes appear gullible, do not mistake them for fragile- they are more than capable of surviving the darkest of nights, and will often come out the other side even stronger.
- +5 points in dawn/day hours
- 10% chance of a second roll
- -2 points in dusk/night hours
- -2 points in rain/storm weather

Radar; this magick deals in all things weather- from freezing snowstorms to torrential downpours. Radar Familiurrs tend to be overly prepared yet highly intuitive, making them a great ally in times of uncertainty. They do well in all seasons, though they do best in stormy weather. And while they may seem moody at times, their flexibility allows for them to recover quickly.
- +15 points in rain/storm weather
- 10% chance of losing a roll

Faunus/Floras; truly at one with nature, this magick allows Familiurrs to be closer to the Earth. Gentle and nurturing by nature, these cats tend to be the "mom friend" of the group. Still, they are known at times to use methods of tough love when needed. These Familiurrs thrive in the spring season and are known to receive aid from their plant and animal friends.
- +5 points in spring season
- 20% chance of a second roll
- -5 points in winter season

Astral; gaining its power from the stars, Astral magick is best performed in clear nights. Astral Familiars usually have dreamy, somewhat disconnected personalities. As though they are floating among the stars themselves, it can be easy for them to get distracted. However, their intuition and optimism more than make up for it! And while they may seem shy, they seem to carry the power of the gods when standing up for their loved ones.
- +7 points in night hours, +10 if the weather is clear
- +10% chance of a second roll
- -5 points in dawn/day hours

Hybrid; truly a wonder, Hybrid Familiurrs carry the magick of more than one founding subcategories! This is an extremely rare occurrence, and it comes with many benefits! Blending the perks of each subcategory, these Familiurrs are extra powerful. But be warned- there's a chance that the downfalls of each subcategory get doubled.
- +50% chance of subcategory downfalls being doubled

⛤ coming soon!
Last edited by Birdy on Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:48 pm

Non-Rarity; eye/muzzle edits, pupil edit (they naturally have no pupils), teeth/fangs/tongue, claws, scars, accessories
Common; longer fur edit, tail edit, whiskers, polydactyl
Uncommon; tailless, paw pad shape, ear edit, shorter fur edit, glow
Rare; horns, halo, back spikes, missing limb(s) [up to 2 total], extra eyes [max of 2 sets], double tongues, extra tail [1]
Magickal; wings, exposed bone, extra limbs [up to 6 total], extra tails [up to 3 total], scales, design change [max of 2], gene splicing [must be approved], elemental parts [i.e., fire tail/water limb/etc.]
Last edited by Birdy on Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:48 pm

Each staff position comes with perks, some of which are still to be determined.

Looking to hire the following staff!
Artists!
➢ Create Familiurrs for the community to adopt! This position may also be extended to nursery artist (when the nursery opens!)
~Soul~
Writer(s)!
➢ Create fun challenges and quests for the community! Will be responsible for maintaining Familiurr Quests (pm for info)
Archivist(s)!
➢ Keep track of which Familiurrs belong to which members of the community!
geminibaby

Form:
Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]desired position:[/b] (writer or archivist)
[b]previous position experience?:[/b] (list any that apply)
[b]weekly hours willing/able to commit to the position:[/b] (rough estimate is okay)
[b]other?:[/b]
Last edited by Birdy on Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Familiurrs [grand opening!]

Postby Birdy » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:40 pm

First adopt up! c:
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Familiurrs [grand opening!]

Postby Runnersback » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:22 am

Mark~

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Familiurrs [hiring staff!]

Postby Birdy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:42 pm

Now hiring staff! c:
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Familiurrs [hiring staff!]

Postby geminibaby » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:17 am

username:geminibaby
desired position: archivist
previous position experience?: bookkeeping, moderate and manage groups on social media. I also spend most of my day organizing things, so why not put it to good use?
weekly hours willing/able to commit to the position: 10, although if it changes I would be sure to communicate that!
other?:also marking, this is a wonderful idea!

Last bumped by Birdy on Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:17 am.
She/Her

PM's and Trades are OPEN, Please don't hesitate!
geminibaby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me