Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

been a pretty long time by hypnowave

Artist hypnowave [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
81 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

been a pretty long time

Postby hypnowave » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:54 pm

since you saw me last
    since i saw you last

you'd think i'd have improved more in six years but nah lmao
    i missed bacardi, haha. jellybean dragons are still active offsite, i just don't really enjoy being in closed species communities anymore :p regardless, she was my first bean and i remember getting over thirty art pieces before i even won her. i still love her a lot,,
    kinda going through another art slump, also,, i'm not entirely happy with how this turned out. i think this looks a lot better than what i used to be capable of, but i'll probably go back to try and fix the grass since it frankly looks horrendous LMAOOO
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: been a pretty long time

Postby Tea... » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:24 pm

What are you talking about?!?! This is amazing! The pose, the anatomy, the claws, the tail, the fur, the lines and the background is all so good!it's so cute and sweet! That tail and background tho. . . So pretty.
ImageArt Shop!I am doing commissions! Very slowly please be patient with me.
Please don't message me on cs unless you don't have a discord! Please message me on discord here at Tea.#1054
Teá. + 342434. ✞ He/She/They. Single. Young adult. I love anime, crime dramas, romance, art, psychology, history, walks, sleeping, my bed, warm days, DnD+Exalted, cosplay. Please talk to me on Discord about your interests!!!

Tea...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:34 pm

Bro idk what you're talking about, this is absolutely stunning! You've improved so much, give yourself some credit. Seriously, I know it can sometimes feel like you aren't getting any better. Art slumps happen, and humans tend to put themselves down a lot, but it's normal! You are your own worst critic, my dude. Us? We're tripping over ourselves in complete awe over your pieces <3
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tuxedo Mask » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:19 pm

Jun my dude , this is such a freaking glow up . This is absolutely stunning
Tuxedo Mask

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby enokimoon » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:10 pm

crying over the song- is that Talk to You?
      also you killed this piece :weary: the background work and the lighting oOoOoGh <3
previously s-smolbean
less active // college o<--<
x
do you know i could break beneath the weight
smol/enoki \\ they/them \\ filo 🇵🇭 art hobbyist
PMs + DMs are openwangxian. [disc ^^]
of the goodness, love, i still carry for you

ImageImageImage
studying to be a veterinarian :4 !!
commissions : closed
semi-active : (( // GMT+8
enokimoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:32 am

uuu late to responding again, sorry!! been busy and tired aa

Teá. wrote:What are you talking about?!?! This is amazing! The pose, the anatomy, the claws, the tail, the fur, the lines and the background is all so good!it's so cute and sweet! That tail and background tho. . . So pretty.

thank you!! i had a lot of fun lining everything, though i feel like the claws could've been better, haha. dragon feet are hard for me to imagine, maybe i'll reference komodo feet next time i try to work out the anatomy :p

Silver Pandorica wrote:Bro idk what you're talking about, this is absolutely stunning! You've improved so much, give yourself some credit. Seriously, I know it can sometimes feel like you aren't getting any better. Art slumps happen, and humans tend to put themselves down a lot, but it's normal! You are your own worst critic, my dude. Us? We're tripping over ourselves in complete awe over your pieces <3

yeah, it's definitely hard trying to come to terms with my improvement :") i feel like i annoy everyone on cs by blabbering about it too HRNGHJSDGFJSDGJF... i promise i'm not looking for pity i just genuinely Feel Bad about my own work a lot of the time. i'm just glad to know other people are able to see past that, though i do still hope to push myself. just in a healthier way, yanno <3

VampireReaper wrote:Jun my dude , this is such a freaking glow up . This is absolutely stunning

gosh, thank you demon (or should i say vampire?) <3

enokimoon wrote:
      crying over the song- is that Talk to You?
      also you killed this piece :weary: the background work and the lighting oOoOoGh <3

YES IT IS... ricky montgomery does it again :weary:
    THE LIGHTING IS FUN,, though i will say i adjusted it off-site too because it got too washed out for my taste :p
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salamandaa » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:34 am

This is lovely!

Made me strangely happy to see a drawing of a JBD.

I wondered what happened to the Jellybean dragons, I didn't realize they were offsite now. It's weird coming back after years and not really seeing the species that used to be so popular... JBDs, Kiamaras, and the like.

My old username was Frostdragon
New username, new me! I like dinosaurs.
Salamandaa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:22 am

Lizardian wrote:This is lovely!

Made me strangely happy to see a drawing of a JBD.

I wondered what happened to the Jellybean dragons, I didn't realize they were offsite now. It's weird coming back after years and not really seeing the species that used to be so popular... JBDs, Kiamaras, and the like.

oh man, i completely forgot to reply to this! thank you!! :]
    yeah, cs closed species have changed a lot in the past few years. i was around for kias, jbds, foxerflies, plumerians, simas... i still miss them a lot, haha.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me