Artist Kruxly [gallery]
Time spent 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Entry for RT 627

Postby Kruxly » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:06 pm

Bunder Marking
Bunder = Circle in Javanese

Bunder is a type of white marking like splash or tobiano but only expresses in circular patterns on the body. The preferred expression is shown as the number 2 horse although a wide variety of the marking exists with lesser and extreme versions.
In the standard expression the white on the lower leg does not pass the fetlock and the band in the middle of the leg does not go higher than the knee/hock nor lower than the middle of the canon bone. A distinct lack of white must be present between the upper and lower white on the leg. Circles along the back of the horse do not go lower than the rump and do not appear on the ribs, past the point of the hip nor past the point of the breast - this is even so with the Extreme expression shown on horse number 3.
Facial Markings differ from horse to horse but the most common and the most preferred is seen on horse number 2.

1. Standard Expression [Bubu]
Similar to the preferred expression but with less pronounced leg banding and the facial marking is offset, The neck markings have crept up to the crest of the neck and there is more white on the ears

2. Standard Expression (Preferred) [Bubu]
This expression is the preferred version of Bunder. All markings are correctly placed.

3. Extreme Expression [BuBu]
This expression is rarely seen and is not what breeders usually look for. The circles are expanded and cover more of the body, neck and face. Also the leg banding becomes entire stockings on the horse. Eyes tend to be a bluish colour due to the excessive white on the face and almost the entire ear is white

4. Minimal Expression [Bubu]
An example of minimal expression of the gene - note the reduced amount of white around the ears, on the legs and on the face yet the same kind of markings are still expressed.
Kruxly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me