Time spent 1 hour, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Questionable Barring

Postby emgeal » Sun May 30, 2021 1:37 pm

Username: emgeal
Genome: AA/BB/ff/CoCo/BaBa/MM/TiTi
Phenotype: Masked fire factor with collared, barred, and ticking

When I looked up barring examples of actual birds most some of them were freckled in between the bars, so I added that. I know that may not be allowed, but I wanted to add it on because I thought it looked cool. xD If I were actually making these for release they would absolutely be run past the species creator before just ad-hocking it like that.
Last edited by emgeal on Mon May 31, 2021 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Questionable Barring

Postby Metallic Dragon » Mon May 31, 2021 10:18 am

I like the barring, it's very cool! As long as it falls within the range, creative liberties are welcome!

This fox is labelled as a cross, but I'm not seeing the cross part of the base coat? In a cross fox, you've got equal parts red and silver like in these foxes here:
Amber cross
Burgundy cross
Amber cross

This fox as it currently is would actually be a red fire factor fox and the genotype would be: AA/BB/ff/MM/CoCo/BaBa/TiTi with the phenotype: Masked fire factor with collared, barred, and ticking
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Questionable Barring

Postby emgeal » Mon May 31, 2021 10:38 am

That would be because I didn't understand that cross had to have both red and silver. I think that's on me and not any issue with the clarity of your description.

For this one I'm just going to update the genotype and phenotype instead of the image. (Again however Mask is one of the markings used. Maybe I should just list it later in the genotype and phenotype so that it is more distinct?)

EDIT: Wait... I thought the masked referred to the dilution gene (like fire factor). I am now realizing it means the Mask marking. My bad!
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me