Hope this is legible haha by Xylographica

Based on Click to view
Artist Xylographica [gallery]
Time spent 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hope this is legible haha

Postby Xylographica » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 pm

Hey! Im a tad late i guess, and i hope this helps.

Tips: look at skeletons. Big shapes are ribcage and pelvis. Remember how the joints bend. [i like to observe my pets as they walk, even manipulating their limbs if they’ll let me to see the range of motion]
All land tetrapods [so all bony land animals with four limbs, from salamanders to birds to us] have the same basic skeletal structure. Birds have scapula > humerus > radius ulna > hand just like we do. It may not bend the same way [we cant ‘fold’ are arms like a bird can its wings, but a bird cant turn its palms down like we can!] but the bones and joints are all the same.
A dog has the same limb structure as us, just standing on its toes! It looks like you know this already though haha

Id also recommend drawing the body without fur first, as trying to draw fur without knowing the shapes underneath can just end up confusing !

Good luck, i hope this helps!
Teo | he/him | young adult | artist | may just be here to draw, may poke around in the roleplay forum! Mostly here for nostalgia
Xylographica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hope this is legible haha

Postby Kayara » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:59 am

I move my cat’s lil drumsticks too! Yea only if he lets me, usually he does and just watches me like I’m below him but he’s willing to humor me. 😂
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me