Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

CLOSED - Winners Posted by River Song

Based on Click to view
Artist River Song [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

CLOSED - Winners Posted

Postby River Song » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:58 am

Design Contest

Whooo character contest time. For this contest, all accepted entering users will get a 2010/11 rare randomly selected from this group (individual pets linked at the bottom of the page.)

If you wish to keep your design, you will not be given a rare from the group.
There is a limit of three designs entered per user, just so everyone has a chance if they want!

This contest will end in two weeks time (19th April 2021), or if it hits 50 entries (which seems unlikely, but is maybe possible?)

Feel free to mark this post!

What Makes an Acceptable Entry?

An acceptable entry is a design where there was clearly some effort put in. I do not want to disqualify anyone, however these would be some disqualifiers.

X A single colour design, a design that is just a gradient, or markingless designs
    X A design that is just a natural dog/animal's pattern
    X Designs copying other characters or entries. That is theft.
    X Off oekaki designs. I cannot guarantee you made them, and so cannot accept them
    X An entry made after 19th April 2021, or after 50 entries have been made

Disqualified designs may be kept by their designers (unless disqualified for copying another design or entry, that's still theft)

Winning Prizes

There is a basic participation prize. There will also be a first, second and third place winner. These winners will get a randomized pet from the above group, and their choice (in order of winning) of the following pets (first place gets first choice, second place gets second choice, third place gets third.)

ImageImageImage

How To Enter

Colour in this image to create me a character. Please add me to the image! Once I have seen the entry I will comment on it, if it has been a few days and I have not commented on your entry feel free to post here or pm me.

Likes and Dislikes

All of these together may not be nice, but as individual/a few together I'm a fan! I will keep updating this as things come to mind.

non-cliche edgy designs
      hair edits
      robotic limbs/ears/faces
      western themed characters
      angelic and demonic themes
      stuffed animal themed/super soft designs (particularly wearing hoodies)
      german shep/corgi (especially in body shape)/coyote/wolf type breeds
      natural-ish colours
      airbrushed designs
      collars/bandannas/socks that don't cover paws
      designs that are cryptid-esque
      forest monsters
      horror themed designs (within cs guidelines)

Dislikes
      overly bright colours
      super simple designs
      classic demon tails
      designs with very clear symbols (hearts/stars/runes/text)
      super saturated designs
      rainbow designs
      full saturation white or black being used as a base

What Happens to the Designs That Don't Win

For the designs that do not win first, second or third place, they will be rewarded with a randomly selected 2010/2011 rare, in exchange for the design they have done. If you do not win one of the first three prizes, and would like to keep your design, let me know!

Pet Links

Here are all the links to the pets in the above group. Images are not included for the sake of my sanity.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

this post may be edited in the future, but the prizes will not be changed. Fell free to ask questions if something seems unclear, or just to mark this thread!
Last edited by River Song on Sun May 02, 2021 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

xxxxxxxx
Ghoul or Rivxxxxxxxx
It/Its onlyxxxxxxxx

well I was out for a walk
somewhere that I can't be found
like a forest,
but one that's only in my mind
built of memories
only you and I have shared
I'm back in my spot
the one where I can't be found
wrapped in stories,
the ones where we were good
and our dreams were more than
ways to pass the time
River Song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CLOSED - Winners Posted

Postby River Song » Sun May 02, 2021 8:52 am

Thank you all so much for your interest, you created really cute designs! Once this is posted, I will be sending out the entry prizes.

River Song wrote:

-snip-
    What Happens to the Designs That Don't Win

For the designs that do not win first, second or third place, they will be rewarded with a randomly selected 2010/2011 rare, in exchange for the design they have done. If you do not win one of the first three prizes, and would like to keep your design, let me know!

-snip-

If you accept the entry prize, please add me to the image of the character, and accept the trade. Now, for the winners.

3rd Place
    In third place there is 777Valkyrie, with their robo dog!

2nd Place
    In second place, we have miraphoenix, with their haunted westerner. I am compelled to listen to lord huron every time I look at the design.

1st Place
    In first place, CryBabyOli, with this darling dog. Those back leg socks sold me, and then I noticed the eye design and just fell in love!

Thank you all so much for your entries, I will be sending prizes out now! You all did wonderful jobs, and I could not be happier with the entries. You all made it very hard to choose the winner <3

xxxxxxxx
Ghoul or Rivxxxxxxxx
It/Its onlyxxxxxxxx

well I was out for a walk
somewhere that I can't be found
like a forest,
but one that's only in my mind
built of memories
only you and I have shared
I'm back in my spot
the one where I can't be found
wrapped in stories,