Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Bogg Snappers by ZeroToInfinity

Based on Click to view
Artist ZeroToInfinity [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Leloiod

by Leloiod

by Guest

by Leloiod

by Leloiod

by Guest

by Guest

Bogg Snappers

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:56 pm

Home - Archive - Artist Search - Nursery - Shop - Fanclub

Bogg Snappers wrote:Bogg Snappers, or Boggies for short (Boggy singular), are fluffy giants native to South America. They are kept as novelty pets in other continents but in South America, they are creatures usually kept by children.

News wrote:March 11: Welcome our new artist, -Delusional-!
March 9: Welcome our new artist, PumpkinSpiceLavander!
March 8: Welcome our new artists, NauticalDoggo and Pranco!
Feb. 10: Rules are up to date, Artist Search is open, Lore and mutations are up to date, nursery coming soon!
Feb. 9: Banner Competition
Last edited by ZeroToInfinity on Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:28 am, edited 16 times in total.
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Guidlines

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:56 pm

Number 1 Rule and Guideline: This species is supposed to be laid back, not super rigid. I don't like enforcing rules all day log, so please just be nice and follow the rules, there aren't a ton.

Understanding the Rules:
These rules are only to make sure that everyone can have fun be safe and Bogg Stompers can continue to host a friendly and engaged community on Chicken Smoothie. We have no plans of having a discord, we are a CS only closed species, with that being said, you may take your Boggies offsite if you link back to the main page and or any applicable artists.

Community Rules:
These apply to everything! Adopts, the fanclub, roleplay, etc.
1. Be nice.
2. No begging, bribing, or guilt-tripping.
3. No bragging, being a sore loser, or a sore winner.
4. Please keep everything CS appropriate.

Adopt Rules:
These rules apply to winning adopts and adopts that were previously adopted.
1. No stealing adopts that aren't yours, that includes the design or concept.
2. You may not make a Boggy without a valid MYO ticket.
3. Please put effort into your Boggies, please don't let them rot!
4. Do not edit your Boggy's design without permission, if you would like something changed, feel free to PM dino cat.

Artist Guidelines:
You only need to read these if you are interested in becoming an artist or are an artist.
1. Add me to all adopt images, this is so that if you go inactive, I can make any applicable edits or changes.
2. Accessories must be removable.
3. Please use the artists' code on all adopts.
4. Please make sure that most of your adopts require effort to win.
5. True black (Hex Code 000000) should not be used.
Last edited by ZeroToInfinity on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lore and Species Info

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:57 pm

Lore:
In no way shape or form are you required to follow this. It is just a suggested background or story.
Bogg Snappers live in swampy areas or sometimes near lakes or rivers in warmer climates. Most of their body is covered with plushie fur that makes them look larger while dry. Some patches of fur clump together making a shiny scale-like effect, using natural oils, sometimes these fur clumps are a different color from the rest of the Boggy's body, caused by a different-colored oil, but sometimes are mixed with the rest of its patterning. These clumps do change and every year will be in completely new places after the Summer Shed.

During the Summer Shed, Boggies lose all their fur and replace it with new fur, like a dog. But unlike a dog, they shed it more or less all at once, making them bare for about a week. During this week, their body is working extra hard to keep warm and to grow new fur, so Boggies usually stash up on food when they feel that the Summer Shed is coming.

While most Boggies live in the wild, some live in captivity. These massive creatures are novelty pets in places like Africa and Asia, but in South America, they are often taken and tamed as babies by young children around the age of 10. The trade for Boggies has plummeted their population, which causes strict regulations on these beasties, making it difficult for any owners of these friendly giants to get the necessary recourses.

Their bodies make up about half of their height, their head and necks make up about a quarter of their height and their ears make up the last quarter. Total, they usually stand about 3 feet tall but the larger ones can be up to 5 feet tall. Their tail doubles the length of their body, usually making it about 6 feet long, but can be up to 10 feet!

In the wild, a group of Boggies is called a pod. Pods range from five to fifty Boggies and usually have a leading pair or couple. This couple usually includes at least one female, but sometimes it is completely male and or nonbinary. Each pod is unique, but some pods have clear groups of hunters, gatherers, and protectors.

Mutations:
Multiple Tails [1/10]
Fluffy Mane [1/5]
Clawless [1/2]
Large Claws [1/2]
Short Ears [1/5]
Floppy Ears [1/5]
Wings [1/20]
No Back Spikes [1/10]
Short Back Spikes [1/5]
No Tail Fluff [1/10]
No Fur Clumps [1/5]
Last edited by ZeroToInfinity on Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

COPPA Players

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:58 pm

COPPA Player Rules
Most of this species is already COPPA friendly but for those pieces that aren't, we have the COPPA Rules.

1. All adopts will not be judged until 24 hours after closing.
2. If an adopt is judged and then a COPPA post is approved, the winner will not be changed.
3. For archive forms, please post them on the main thread instead of in the archive!
4. If you have any questions concerning any rules, and this goes for everyone, post them on the main thread.
Last edited by ZeroToInfinity on Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Open Adopts

Here you can find a list of Bogg Snappers that are currently open! Generally, there are three categories under which adopts fall;
Raffles
Naming Competitions
Development Competitions

The List:
[#ID] Type of Adopt - End Date
[#0010] Development Competition - March 22nd
[#0011] Naming Competition - Page 2
[#0012] Naming Competition - March 30th
Last edited by ZeroToInfinity on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 15 times in total.
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bogg Snappers

---
Last edited by ZeroToInfinity on Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bogg Snappers

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:59 pm

---
Last edited by ZeroToInfinity on Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Artist Resources

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:24 pm

Artist Resources
Mandatory adopt codes for Artists. Feel free to edit the prompts (especially with the naming competitions) and word count.

Raffles:
Code: Select all
[center][img]https://i.ibb.co/fHM3QDm/banner-backup.png[/img]

[quote="Bogg Snappers"]Bogg Snappers, or Boggies for short (Boggy singular), are fluffy giants native to South America. They are kept as novelty pets in other continents but in South America, they are creatures usually kept by children.[/quote]

[b]Bogg Snapper ID:[/b] #----
[b]Mutations:[/b]
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Wild or Pet:[/b]

Raffle! Just fill out this form for a chance at this fellow!

[b]End Date:[/b]

[code][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Number:[/b][/code][/center]

Naming Competitions:

[quote="Bogg Snappers"]Bogg Snappers, or Boggies for short (Boggy singular), are fluffy giants native to South America. They are kept as novelty pets in other continents but in South America, they are creatures usually kept by children.[/quote]

Naming Competition! Give them a meaningful name and an explanation. [No Min., 100 Max.]

[b]Name Meaning:[/b][/code][/center]

Development Competitions:

Development Competition! Prompt: _________________________________________? [i]or[/i] Tell me about ________________.  [___ Min., ___ Max.]

[b]Prompt:[/b][/code][/center]
Last edited by ZeroToInfinity on Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Owner:

Artists:
ImageImage
-Delusional-
Pranco

Staff Only Lines:
One of the pros to being a staff member is that you gain access to these lines: boop. You may only use your applicable accessories, but you are welcome to remove all the accessories. When you first become staff, you must color it in (or have dino cat color it) in with one of your Bogg Snappers and all applicable accessories for your Staff Picture.

Currently Hiring!
Please PM dino cat if you are interested in becoming a moderator. If you are interested in becoming an artist, please check out the artist search.
Available positions:
2 Moderators
∞ Artist Spots
Last edited by ZeroToInfinity on Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 12 times in total.
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates and Other Resources

Giftlines:
By NauticalDoggo

Stamps:
Coming Soon!

Affiliates:
None yet!
If you would like to become affiliates, please PM dino cat!
Last edited by ZeroToInfinity on Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me