Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Ryerkol V2 - A semi-open species - OPEN NOW! by Guest

Based on Click to view
Artist Guest [gallery]
Time spent 53 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
67 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Ryerkol V2 - A semi-open species - OPEN NOW!

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:58 am

News and How to get started

We are open :0

How to get started;
In order to make your own ryerkol, you'll need to be added to the main page first <3
In order to be added, you'll need to fill the form on the bottom of the page out!
Please be sure to read over everything, there's a lot of info and you may get in trouble if you don't read it!

Official adopts

n/a! Come back later!

Ryerkol are a large, thick-furred canid which resides in predominantly arctic regions.
Ryerkol's origins are mainly unknown, as while their physical appearance reads more as canine, fox-like, even, they have a few genetic interests which set them apart.
For starters, a typical healthy Ryerkol can grow upwards of around 5-6 feet at shoulder length, some of the largest reaching almost 7 feet.
The nose of a Ryerkol is folded over, the more textured canine nose being hidden.
Ryerkol soon developed vents on their sides, helping their limited breathing ability.
Their lip has a hardened edge to it, pointing into what's called as a 'faux tooth'. While the misshapen mouth has a threatening aura to it, it's all for the show, as the faux tooth is nothing more than a threat to predators and rival Ryerkol.
Ryerkol usually don't live in hierarchical packs, preferring smaller groups of 4-10, some even living solo or just with a mate. Ryerkol are omnivores, as their climate is already rather baren for food, they can't afford to be picky. Their jaw shows this, having their pointer canines towards the front and their flatter, plant-eating teeth located more towards the back. While they have the ability to eat plants, berries, nuts etc, they do have a considerable preference for meat. Depending on the area, Ryerkol's prefered meal is an ox or reindeer, as their size is ideal and they're easy enough to find.

The following isn't necessary to read, but gives a slightly more in-depth look at the species!

One of the curiosities in Ryerkol is the eyes, as they have the ability to dilate them at will, similar to a cat. Their pupil naturally rests on a thin, curved, diamond-like shape, fluctuating to as thin as a line or until their entire eyes appear dark. Ryerkol who have mutated pupils may not be able to dilate at will, or it effects differently.
Unlike dogs and other canine species, the standard of colour vision is much more expressive, being able to see as many colours humans can.
Ryerkol are not nocturnal, and as such, do not need to see in the dark as ably as other canines. Their vision in the dark is still much better than humans, but it fails to compare to that of a wolf, for example.

Ryerkol have a rather disappointing sense of smell due to their noses poor evolutionary line, and they instead rely more on sight and sound.
The nose of a Ryerkol isn't one of your standard canines, it's instead more of a "flap", similar to a bunny's. While this closed-off nostril is helpful in means of keeping unwanted snow, dust, dirt and general daily disturbances out, it also has a habit of not getting the air in.
Much like a bunny, their noses twitch depending on situation, mood and health.
The strip of skin connecting the nose to the mouth must be the same colour as the vents, as it's all the same connected tissue.

While Ryerkol prefer snowy conditions, whether plains, mountains or forest, they can also adapt to temperate forests, usually having thinner coats and smaller paws, compared to the Ryerkol that survive on mountains that typically have thicker coats and larger paws. Ryerkol have also been seen to adapt to domestic life, although it's not only heavily discouraged but rather cruel.

Ryerkol are rather well known for their incredible strength, having powerful back legs used in hunting and their huge size means they can take down animals as big as shire horses without breaking a sweat. Their retractable claws are sharp enough to tear through the skin of an elephant.
Ryerkol have to rely mainly on physical defence as their bodies are relatively weak, the cubs being incredibly vulnerable until about 6-8 months.

Ryerkol are born with their eyes closed and folded ears, relying on their mother's until a few weeks old.
At about 2-3 weeks, they open their eyes and their ears start to develop, beginning to steady themselves of their feet towards the start of 4 weeks.
By about 3 months, they can stop feeding from their mothers. Their sharper teeth are still developing at this time, meaning they have to feed on plants and berries until their sharper teeth develop fully a couple of weeks later.
Around month 4, they can begin to hunt on their own, preying on smaller animals like birds and ermine.
At month 6, they're almost fully developed and have the hunting skills to survive alone.
Ryerkol sometimes live as families, others forcing their children to fend for themselves at month 8-10 if they haven't already left by then.
Last edited by Dia. on Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:24 am, edited 24 times in total.
Reason: owner can request thraed to be unlocked

Rules

Ryerkol can be made by anyone unless specified otherwise (banned, on cooldown, etc)
All Ryerkol must be approved by the owner (or another staff member if any)

All ryerkol must have a page on chicken smoothie

-Please ensure that all of your ryerkol at least have an oekaki page (underneath or linked on the main page)
-Feel free to make a kennel, just make sure the link is posted on the main page
-This also applies to off-oekaki adopts, which can either be posted under the main page under a cover, posted in the replies of the main page, or inside of your kennel
-All ryer's pages must include name + pronouns and an accurate trait list
-Please put a fake sign or a cover on your ryer before it gets approved!

Free ryerkol can include the following traits:

-Unlimited everyday traits
-Unlimited common traits
-Up to 3 uncommon traits
-Up to 1 rare trait

-Do not exceed these trait guidelines UNLESS you have a valid MYO ticket OR edit item(s)
-Custom lined ryers are allowed!
-Feel free to transfer your old ryerkol over to the new lines, just be sure to fill out the appropriate form below (any rarity changes due to the new trait list don't require a new ticket or anything! They're automatically changed into their new rarity <3)

Ryerkol must have the following traits:

-The folded nose and general snout shape.
-This includes the thin strip that connects the mouth to the nose! (That strip must also be the same colour as the vents!)
-They must have at least 3 vents.
-Their mouth shape must include the faux tooth.
It's also noted that any muzzle shape change or leg shape changes (hooves for example) go under the trait 'genesplicing', even if its not based on a specific animal!

Other Rules

-You are not allowed to make ryerkol to sell for profit (e.x. Adopts) you are allowed to take design commissions, but you can't sell a ryerkol itself.
-Selling/Transferring Ryerkol for anything other than MYO tickets or other Ryerkol is not allowed.
-Calling out/attacking/hate is never tolerated, especially towards the owner (and any other staff if any)
-No mini-modding, report if something seems off!
-You can't alter Ryerkol designs once they're official unless adding edit items or other 'everyday' traits. If you wish to alter a design further, please contact the owner!
-Designs can be transferred in and out but the owner must be aware.
-All shifted design requires approval by species owner before becoming official, PM me/ask on the main page for approval.
-There is no limit to the amount of ryerkol you can own
Last edited by Guest on Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

Trait List

Everyday (can be added to any Ryerkol without extra cost/permission)

-Accessories/Piercings/Clothing
-Scars (including missing appendages from attacks)
-Prosthetics
-Tattoos
-Expression
-Weight edits
-Pets
-Dots/Lines on the muzzle (As seen on the old lines)

Common

-Hair edits (hair on head)
-Nub horns
-Paw size change (bigger or smaller)
-Tail shape change (shorter, longer, curled, nubbed, etc)
-Heterochromia
-Whiskers (cat-like, any length)
-Eyebrow shape change,
-Tusks (shaped teeth/connected to the lower jaw),
-Mouth edits (teeth/tongue)

Uncommon

-Fur type edits (curly, shaggy, etc)
-Pupil shape change
-Large horns
-Ear shape change
-More vents
-Hair length changes
-Edited faux tooth
-Coloured Sclera
-Polydactyly (Extra toes)
-Paw pad shape change

Rare

-Wings (small, flightless, placed anywhere)
-Vent shape change
- Multiple tails
-Antlers
-Shorter fur
-Dwarfism
-Gigantism
-Claw edit
-Extra legs
-Missing appendages (missing from birth)
-Split appendages
-Glowing markings/body parts
-No tail
-Any tail
-Fewer vents (must be at least 3)
-Whiskers (dragon-like, any size)
-Horns on the body
-Multiple horns (on the head)
-Antenna
-Antenna on the body (any amount)
-Eye shape change
-Multiple ears
-Blank eye (one solid colour)
-Moving markings

Mythical

-Multiple eyes
-Genesplicing
-Plant growth
-Eyes on body
-Cyclops
-Hairless (or almost hairless)
-Living body parts (tail for example)
-Powers
-Feather growth
-Scale growth
-Wings (one pair, any size, capable of flight)
-Exoskeleton (hardened plates on the skin)
-Mouths on body

Godly

-Halo(s)
-Exposed bone
-Cyborg/robot
-Body parts made of non-living substances
-Multiple heads
-Multiple wings (any size, anywhere)
-Longer/shorter body
-Floating body parts (not including accessories)
-Gem/crystal/rock growth
-Glitchy
-PPS (never growing up)
Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Shifting Rules

ImageImage

Let me preface this by saying: Your Ryerkol does not need to be a shapeshifter.

I build Ryerkol as a shifter only species, but now that I'm making it public, I won't have that kind of control anymore. It is always preferred that your Ryerkol has a human version, but as I said, it's never necessary. I understand that some artists can only draw animals, I would know, I was there once, so if you really don't feel comfortable drawing a human you will never be forced to.

If you do wish to make a humanized version though, there are some rules and regulations:

-Shifter Ryerkol can behave like shapeshifters, being able to shift at will, or more like werewolves, shifting during the full moon or some other special time. You can choose which, or merge both, depending on your preferences or your own world's lore.
-The following traits must remain the same on human versions of Ryerkol:
- Eye colour (including sclera)
- Vent size, shape, and placement
- Horns/Tusks, Wings and scars/missing limbs (If any)
- General colour scheme (This is important!)

-Humanized Ryerkol must get permission from the species owner before becoming official, whether through discord or PMs.
-You can choose whether the humanized design includes animalistic features (such as ears, tail, etc) or if you want them fully human. Feel free to have them shift between, too!
-When sending for approval, include your Ryerkol's original ref too!

I'm not going to be too strict with human designs, and your art style/ability will never differ me from approving.

Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gift Lines/Buttons/Etc.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:59 am

Bans and Warnings

Warnings
N/A

Bans

Buttons

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4517766][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/747976275515408405/751954164199850034/Ryerkol_sign_GIF.gif[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4517766][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/747976275515408405/751954168092033105/Ryerkol_sign.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4517766][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/700700886040576116/779163156894187551/ezgif.com-gif-maker_6.gif[/img][/url]

Gift Linearts

By Iou-cat

By Solos

Affiliations
Pm to ask for affiliations; open anytime ^^

Blithe Bears
By Lucario
Blithe Bears are regular Grizzly Bears, but with a calmer attitude! These guys are loving, soft, and more than anything - full of energy! Every single Blithe Bear is different, and thus, our world is full of colorful, and diverse bears.
So, Join us! Come and see what all the fuss is about. Adopt a bear, and unleash the true nature of the Blithe Bears.

Other Links
Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:43 am, edited 9 times in total.

Forms and Access

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:59 am

In order to gain access to the main page to create your own ryer now, you will be required to fill out a form to be added to the page

-Please be as accurate as possible when filling out the form
-Lying about owning items/ryers will instantly ban you, don't risk it, you will get caught
-All ryers/items from V1 are still official! Please include them in your form, if you don't then they won't get added to the new archive!

Username;
Ryerkol currently owned + links (if applicable);
MYO tickets currently owned (if applicable);
Edit items currently owned (if applicable);

The following forms are to be filled out on your ryerkol's page, DO NOT post them in the replies, post them underneath your oekaki ref of your ryerkol/your kennel page
You may only post these forms in the replies if you are seeking off-oekaki approval

IF you are making a free ryerkol, please put this form on your oekaki post

Username;
Name;
Pronouns;
Trait list;

IF you are making a ryerkol with added items/with a MYO ticket, please put this form on your oekaki post

Username;
Name;
Pronouns;
Trait list;
Items used;
Proof of ownership;

IF you are putting your pre-existing ryerkol onto new lines, please put this form on your oekaki post

Username;
Name;
Pronouns;
Link to old page;
Old trait list;
New trait list (if applicable);

Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:11 am, edited 8 times in total.

Re: Ryerkol V2 - Opening soon!

Postby rem sleep » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:59 am

oooo these new lines are SO cute!! i'm so excited to see ryerkol again < 3 < 3
      take care of yourself tho iou-cat!! we love you dude!!
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:00 am

MARK! <33
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby is4belle » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:00 am

mark! the new lines are adorable
♀ . inactive