Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Shrews- an open species community by IzzyJoFo

Artist IzzyJoFo [gallery]
Time spent 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Shrews- an open species community

Postby IzzyJoFo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:11 am

Shrews

Make your very own Shrew today!

The Shrews are an open community of humanoid creatures that dwell underground.

-Current events-
None at the moment!

-Quick links-
Registration
MYO thread
Request forum
Shop
Breeding thread
Last edited by IzzyJoFo on Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IzzyJoFo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

What Are Shrews? A definition of the hierarchy and their job

Postby IzzyJoFo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:12 am

Shrews are a humanoid species that live primarily underground. Shrews live, on average, about 600 months, and they become an adult at 60 months. Shrews look mostly human, but they have a few key differences. These differences include

1. No eyes
2. Large ears
3. Tails
5. Elongated arms

There is a special ceremony to make a child Shrew and any two adult Shrews can 'breed'. This ceremony consists of the two shrews finding a special stone together and pouring their essence into it. This stone now becomes an 'egg' for 2-4 baby shrews, which hatch in a few days.

All Shrews wear the same core outfit- A long-sleeved shirt, long pants, and they don't wear shoes. Most Shrews also work for the same purpose, to tunnel out land to expand their borders, and they choose what job they are going to work each year.
There is a definite hierarchy within the shrews, and you can easily tell which layer of the hierarchy each Shrew is on by looking at the left sleeve of their shirt.

If the color of the sleeve is white, the Shrew is at the lowest tier of the hierarchy. These Shrews don't have a particularly bad life, they never go hungry, and they have all the rights of any other Shrew.

If the color of the sleeve is red, the Shrew is at a slightly higher tier of the hierarchy. To get to this level, Shrews must have worked for 300 months. These Shrews have all of their basic rights, and they also get the first pick of what job they are going to work for the next year.

If the color of the sleeve is blue, the Shrew has gained the favor of the royal family and is considered an officer, the second-highest level of the hierarchy. Officers have a few different jobs. The less experienced officers oversee the other working Shrews, and the more experienced officers watch over and protect the royal family. The officers who protect the royal family have sleeves adorned with gold thread.

If the color of the sleeve is yellow, the Shrew is a shopkeeper. Shopkeeper shrews often dye their white clothes, and they never earn the red sleeve. Work for selling things isn't considered equal to labor in the eyes of Shrews.

If the color of the sleeve is purple, the Shrew is a part of the royal family. These Shrews work to create new jobs, govern other Shrews, and decide the fate of any Shrews that break their laws.
Last edited by IzzyJoFo on Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
IzzyJoFo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules of the Community

Postby IzzyJoFo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:12 am

Rules

Like any other community, this one needs some rules.

For starters, any kind of bullying or harassment will not be tolerated. Disclaimer- I can only really control what happens on my forums. I can't control what happens on other sites.

There will be adoptable on these forms, some with fun contests. If you don't win one of these contests, you are expected to take the loss gracefully. Whining about an outcome of a contest or demanding a different outcome will result in a strike. 3 strikes and you are no longer welcome in the community.

Another thing that can earn you a strike is complaining to artists about breeding outcomes or the look of adoptables/what you have to do to get them.

Each person can make 2 Shrews for free, and all other creations require an MYO pass- either bought or won in a contest.

If you purchase an adoptable or things from the shop, payment is expected before you get access to the item. You will get confirmation of a transaction, but before then, you are not allowed to use what you purchased.

All MYO shrews must be approved before being used in forums.

If you decide to breed your Shrew with another member of the community, both people must fill out a form, and if you cannot decide who gets each outcome, then staff will decide for you.

Rules can be added at any time if needed, and Staff jurisdiction is final.

Strikes- None yet!

Bans- None yet!
IzzyJoFo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Meet our Staff!

Postby IzzyJoFo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:00 am

Actually... I don't have any staff yet, it's just me right now (:

Hiya! My name is IzzyJoFo, and I am the creator of the Shrews! If you have a question about the species, just dm me!
IzzyJoFo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stickers and Stamps!

Postby IzzyJoFo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:02 am

Reserved for when I actually make stickers and stamps

Feel free to make stuff if you want
IzzyJoFo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby IzzyJoFo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:01 am

How do I join?
Well, you can't join right now because it's not ready yet... but when you can-
Go to the registration form (here!) and sign up. Then, go to the MYO thread and make your first Shrew! Fill out the MYO form, and wait for your shrew to be accepted. After you have received a message of acceptance, then you are free to enter your shrew in contests, breed them, or trade with people.
IzzyJoFo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Register for the Shrews community today!

Postby IzzyJoFo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:39 pm

Registration is now open! Feel free to head on over to the registration post and start thinking of your wild and wonderful Shrews!
IzzyJoFo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me