Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

keep me alive by hypnowave

Artist hypnowave [gallery]
Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
90 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

keep me alive

Postby hypnowave » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:28 am

wow today was stressful here's some pixel art

ngl i'm just rambling but i've been feeling like my art isn't really that good from like. a technical standpoint. i enjoy my work and i know that i can make character portraits that are visually appealing but i feel like i lack the skills needed to compose art that tells a story or has dynamic components, if that makes sense? i want to put more work into visualizing an art piece before i get to the canvas but frankly it's hard for me to see things in my head, and i struggle with three dimensional objects so... hh

i would love to put more time into learning the technical aspects of art but uni is killing me and i don't have the energy to put pressure on myself to make art that i consider to be a level above my current skillset
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: keep me alive

Postby soma fish » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:30 am

:0 you kiddin? Your art is already so awesome! I understand what you mean, but like dudeee your art is already awesome from my view!
❤️‍🩹⚡️🖋️
soma | ic | vtuber nerd
soma fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiero » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:35 am

I know what you mean. I do well with three-dimensional objects and visualization, so I can't say I understand entirely, but I think I get the feeling. I spend a lot of my time in the world observing the shapes everything is in and how it all flows together and I think that helps me when I don't have the time to sit down and do studies or take a course. I really hope you find something that works for you! Take care of yourself. I wish I had more advice to offer. I'm sure someone else on here has more, greater input for something like this than myself LOL. It's good that you recognise the quality of your art though! I'm glad you're able to see need for improvement without putting down your effort and skill.
gaydrian#2665
hiero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:55 am

dang this looks so great!

I definitely hear ya though! I think if youre wanting to reach that level then maybe just take little tiny steps at a time, like learning a tiny aspect at a time of the thing your wanting (and at your own pace) until you feel like youre ready to tackle the thing for real. ^^
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:27 am

- Snapdragon - wrote::0 you kiddin? Your art is already so awesome! I understand what you mean, but like dudeee your art is already awesome from my view!

aw, thank you so much! yeah, i do think it's good to look at how much progress i've made over the years, haha. 💙 i still have a long way to go, though!

hiero wrote:I know what you mean. I do well with three-dimensional objects and visualization, so I can't say I understand entirely, but I think I get the feeling. I spend a lot of my time in the world observing the shapes everything is in and how it all flows together and I think that helps me when I don't have the time to sit down and do studies or take a course. I really hope you find something that works for you! Take care of yourself. I wish I had more advice to offer. I'm sure someone else on here has more, greater input for something like this than myself LOL. It's good that you recognise the quality of your art though! I'm glad you're able to see need for improvement without putting down your effort and skill.

god i wish that were me - but thank you for taking the time to write this down! i try to observe things myself, and i can usually learn things by putting them down into words (such as how shadows will blur the further they are from whatever item is casting that shadow, though i haven't really implemented that into my work), so i should probably do that more often since i can't quite make it "click" in my head using visualization. another thing is that i rarely do studies, if at all - i consider all my art pieces to be practice, but it's rare that i actually sit down with the intention of learning a particular aspect of art. i should get to that. but again, thank you so much, i really appreciate your comments on my art :0

J-and-K341 wrote:dang this looks so great!

I definitely hear ya though! I think if youre wanting to reach that level then maybe just take little tiny steps at a time, like learning a tiny aspect at a time of the thing your wanting (and at your own pace) until you feel like youre ready to tackle the thing for real. ^^

gracias j!! yeah, i definitely need to drill it into my head that not all art pieces have to be drawings of my ocs and that studies are a natural part of the learning curve, haha. here's hoping i'll be able to get that sort of self-discipline soon ^^
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:49 pm

This is absolutely stunning!! Wow!
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:30 pm

BadgerBuddies wrote:This is absolutely stunning!! Wow!

aaa thank you! 💙
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me