Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Bobble Bears [OPEN] by phxyvi

Based on Click to view
Artist phxyvi [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
46 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Bobble Bears [OPEN]

Postby phxyvi » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:18 pm

What are they?

Bobble bears are small omnivorous mammals around 1-2 feet long with a soft, lush coat and calm demeanor. Though they are not quite what one would imagine when you think of a bear, research has shown they share a common ancestor with bears and bobble bears have even been shown to live directly alongside bears if they cannot find a fruit field to inhabit.

Where did they come from?

Bobble bears are a small species of animals that originate from cranberry fields. They were first spotted around 10 years ago, when a field was flooded for harvest and they were spotted taking advantage of the floating cranberries to eat. It is unclear exactly where they came from, but since then they’ve spread worldwide and are a staple of fruit harvest. Though they were initially considered a universally invasive species, Bobble bears have shown to be beneficial in that in the off-season and during growth they feed on pests and chase away other competition from fields. And all they ask in return is to eat the discarded or rotted leftovers after harvest.

Social patterns

Bobbles usually come in small groups called grumples. They consist of 3-4 bobble bears who act together, as opposed to with one central leader. They tend not to mate for life and can migrate grumples as often as every season
Last edited by phxyvi on Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Do not ask for or share my toyhouse.

Commission inquiries

off oekaki character designs
phxyvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wip

Postby phxyvi » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:18 pm

Bobble Bear Traits

Bobble bears have 8 main areas of interest, as highlighted below. There are referred to as primary traits, and are what determine the overall “look” of your bobble bear.

The nubs are the small horns on the top of the head. The standard nub is “short”

The whiskers come from the snout of male bobbles. There is no change rarity. They have them or they don’t.

The upper bobble is the singular bobble coming from the top of the head. The standard upper bobble is “sphere”

The foliage refers to any fur decor or growth. The standard foliage is “light flowering”

The mane is the fur on the top of the head, chest, and neck. The standard mane is “curly short”

The lower bobble is the 2 long bobbles that sprout from the base of the spine. The standard lower bobble is “lower sphere”

The berries are the long, rounded spines that run down the tail. The standard berry is “rounded spine”

The tail is the tail. The standard tail is “raccoon”

Within these, there are 3 change categories. Given there are 8 primary traits, having a large amount of sub traits within that would be difficult to track and would get out of hand quickly. To combat this, there are “change categories”- which is just the overall likelihood that that primary trait will be anything other than standard. It is determined by the number of gene variants (visual differences) that primary trait has.

Change categories:

Legendary
Nubs
Berries

Rare
Tail
Mane

Common
Foliage
Lower bobble
Upper bobble

Next would be secondary traits.
These are just areas of the bobble bear that change with the primary traits, as this chart highlights.

Lastly is gene variants. These are the “traits within traits”
For example, if your bobble had a different foliage or different nubs. Those would be gene variants.

Gene variants fall under 4 rarities.

Legendary
Tail gene variant: skyfold
Mane gene variant: Gummy

Rare
Foliage gene variant: star speckled

Uncommon
Upper bobble gene variant: Cosmic

Common
None yet
Last edited by phxyvi on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:59 am, edited 10 times in total.

Commission inquiries

phxyvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phxyvi » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Shop

myo passes:

legendary: unavailable
rare: unavailable
uncommon: unavailable
standard: 200 c$ [in stock: 5]

breeding passes

300 c$ [in stock: 2]

Accessory applicator

100 c$ [in stock: 2]

Raffle ticket

Free! [in stock: 14] (1 per person)

Items up for raffle:
x1 standard myo
x1 mystery gene variant applicator (up to rare possible)
x1 breeding pass
Last edited by phxyvi on Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Commission inquiries

phxyvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phxyvi » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Breeding rules

>Breedings must be between male and female Bobble Bears.

However, same sex couples are not uncommon between Bobble Bears. In place of an official breeding, users may purchase a “found kit waiver” for the same price as a breeding pass. This will allow them to adopt a randomized 1-3 kits just the same as a male/female couple.
However, to compensate for the lost ‘looking like the parents’ bit, there will be an added chance for rarer traits to appear with a found kit waiver as opposed to a traditional breeding. For example, a found kit waiver with 2 standard Bobble bears may bring a legendary kit whereas a traditional breeding would never do this.

>Breedings may not immediately be accepted and/or open, however, breeding passes do not expire

>If users cannot agree on how to split the kits, staff can be elected to do it for them. If it turns into something unnecessary the price of the pass will be refunded and the kits will be sent to a rescue center to live for their whole life.

>A bobble can only be bred twice in their lifespan

Customs

Those who desire a custom must purchase a myo pas

Myo passes are separate from the cost of commissioning an artist to create it. You are only buying the rights to create one. However, officials artists may have slots open to complete them

Myo passes can be gifted, traded, etc.
Last edited by phxyvi on Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Commission inquiries

phxyvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phxyvi » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:23 pm

All Things Transfer and Resale

Bobble bears may be traded and resold with relative ease as long as the correct forms are filled out and they are resold on cs.

Additionally, shop items, raffle specific items, etc. may be resold. Breeding passes, gene variant applicators, myo passes, etc may not always be in stock. You are free to trade amongst yourselves.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]item or Bobble Bear being transferred: [/b]
[b]destination:[/b]
[b]Reason for transfer and/or resale price:[/b](gift, trade, resale [include price]

If you wish to take them out of the species and off cs I merely ask that you do not use the original species lines for this in order to relieve confusion. So another ref must be created. After that, you merely have to fill out the form below.

[b]Username: [/b]
[b]Original design credits:[/b]
[b]Proof of updated reference:[/b]

After that, the form will be approved and you’re free to go on your way. As long as you carry on the credit to the artist who originally made the design, there should be no problems. I don’t care who it goes to or where it goes.
Last edited by phxyvi on Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Commission inquiries

phxyvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phxyvi » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:23 pm

Participant Conduct Rules

General cs rules apply, of course, however there are additional general rules I would like to apply to Bobble Bears in order to reduce drama and unrest in the community.

> users who cannot afford an adopt, or miss out on a free adopt they want are not permitted to guilt trip, harass, or otherwise contact the artist and/or owner about the adopt whether it be to beg, inquiry on selling, etc. unless the artist or owner has explicitly stated they are open to conversation on rehoming their adopt.

>users who incite outside drama within the community, if identified, will receive an immediate ban

Things that are drama:

- direct personal attacks/insults on members of the community for things that happen within it (raffles, adopts, auctions)

- “call outs” of any sort that relate directly to Bobble Bears.

Things that are not drama:

- Criticisms of me and criticisms of staff members

I do not really care whether you attack me directly or make snide remarks about the running of my species, etc. You will not be banned or receive a strike for hurting my feelings and I am open to changing things that cause unrest.

- insults, personal attacks, etc. that do not directly relate to Bobble Bears

I cannot and will not police and ban people for being petty outside of the community.

However if you have any problems with users that occur on cs and that you can prove, I urge you to contact an official cs moderator first.

>bobble bears are a closed species. Users may not make their own without a myo pass.

>Though it may vary from artist to artist, the official Bobble Bear rules are that any given user has 24 hours to solidify their claim to a free adopt and/or send payment for a paid adopt to the artist before it is forfeited to the next user. Those who cannot comply with this will lose the adopt they’re going after, though you will not receive strikes for it unless you argue the decision. If you feel that the artist called it early, feel free to file a complaint with me.

Staff

I am currently searching for artists.

Shop purchases will go 100% to me.

Paid adopt profits go 100% to the artist that made them. If you create 10 paid adopts you get every cent of your efforts.

Artists will be required to make .5 free adopts per 1 paid adopt per month.

Active staff:

Me (owner)

Stinky (Moderator)

Strikes/Bans:

None yet!
Last edited by phxyvi on Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Commission inquiries

phxyvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phxyvi » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Inventory

♡ Stinky ♡

x 1 raffle ticket (1)
200 c$ shop credit

KoiNotFound

x 1 raffle ticket (2)

Kazunan

x1 raffle ticket (3)

PeachyPunk

x1 raffle ticket (4)

♡HappyAlpaca♡

x1 raffle ticket (5)

sketch..

x1 raffle ticket (6)
Last edited by phxyvi on Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Commission inquiries

phxyvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phxyvi » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Bulletin Board

Have an item or bobble bear you want to sell, trade, etc? Place your ad here! Make sure your pms are open

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Item or link to bobble bear:[/b]
[b]What do you want?:[/b](State desired colors/traits/items or c$ price)
Last edited by phxyvi on Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Commission inquiries

phxyvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:26 pm

mark!

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist