Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

⭐ Charmmings ⭐ semi-closed by ophanimera

Artist ophanimera [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 15
31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

⭐ Charmmings ⭐ semi-closed

Postby ophanimera » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:35 pm

open for marks!

What are Charmmings?

Charmmings are the size of an average-sized fox, although they are slightly taller. Unique to this species is a mineral growth that isolates itself to one region of the body, as though it were a permanent piercing. The shape, colour, and size of the Charm is purely dependent on the nutrition and Charms of the parent Charmmings prior to childbirth, and as such can take any form imaginable.

Rumour has it that should your Charmming's Charm resonate with a special metal, strange changes can occur....

traits

Most modifications are allowed, within reason.
      The head and tail must retain species-specific traits, such as the ear tufts and tri-part tail with additional fur tufts. MYOs are allowed any number of edits. The limit is your imagination and some select exclusions.

All human-related trait modifications, excepting hairstyles, are banned.
      I understand these are often made as a joke and/or to test the limits of the species, but I feel they are disrespectful to the species I want to cultivate.

Excessive body horror is not allowed.
      This adopt is a prime example of something that would not be allowed. All edits should remain safe for CS.

affiliates

to be added
Last edited by ophanimera on Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:50 am, edited 12 times in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:51 am

rules

Charmmings Adoption Center is a safe place for all people.

Bigotry is not allowed in any form. This includes, but is not limited to homophobia, transphobia, acephobia, panphobia, racism, anti-Semitism, islamophobia, and so forth. Bigoted behavior will merit you two strikes on the first infraction and a ban with a repeat infraction.

All rights to Charmmings reserved.
      I understand there are similar species, but I reserve the sole right to ownership of the lore and all content produced for the use of the species.

3 strikes and you're out.
      Infractions will receive a warning, or if severe enough, a species ban. 3 strikes result in a species ban.

Mind your manners.
      Don't be rude, whiny, et cetera. Poor behaviour may warrant a strike or species ban.

No COPPA users.
      Because COPPA users' posts have to be approved by site staff, this may create undesirable results when judging competitions.

Non-owners will be favored for the first 100 adopts.
      You may own an unlimited amount of Charmmings, however, once you win one, non-owners with a similarly competitive form will be chosen.

You cannot make your own without a MYO slot.
      Most competitions will be focused on canon development of a character within the world. However, sometimes you can purchase a Charmming outright or a MYO slot.

Every 5th adopt will be offer to adopt.
      c$, USD, valuable pets and art are all acceptable as payment. "Art slave" or impossible-to-complete offers such as "35 fullbodies, 60 headshots, 40 halfbodies" will be ignored, as they have a high risk of falling through as payment.

You may not sell Charmmings for more than you purchased them for.
      Art is allowed to increase the value, however, you may not produce this art yourself in order to spin a profit off the adopt. You must commission the art to add its value to the adopt.

You can edit designs you own as long as the design stays recognizably similar to the original (at least 70% similar to original design) and you have the artist's permission.
      All changes to the designs must be approved by the original artist, as well as myself (bats). The lore is optional as well: you can choose to adopt a design and not participate in the species/world, if you so choose. However, there are incentives planned for species participation.

If a pre-existing IP is used as inspiration, the adopt must look 30% or less similar to the original design.
      This means you may not recreate characters from television shows, comics, books, et cetera directly as Charmmings and must use only loose inspiration, such as palette or symbology. Media must be Safe for CS in order to be sampled from. Please ask permission before making a MYO from a pre-existing IP.

If you are no longer interested in your Charmming, you may readopt them out to the community or gift them to someone else, so long as the recipient is not banned or blocked from the community.
      You must choose a winner for the readoption within 30 days of the deadline. If you are unable to do so, users are encouraged to notify Charmming Staff in order for a winner to be chosen.

Readoptions must be held in public, on the ChickenSmoothie Forums.

If you get banned from the species or are blocked by me, you are allowed to keep your adopts but will no longer be able to participate in species spaces, such as the fanclub or Discord Server, or acquire further species assets.

I reserve the right to make changes to the rules at any time, as needed.
Last edit: August 28, 2020

strikes and warnings

none yet! let's keep it that way
Last edited by ophanimera on Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:01 am

staff list

owner and jack of all trades
bats

more may be added, as time goes on.

staff perks

Staff are allowed to sell 1 of every 5 adopts they make in Offer-to-Adopt or auction format. This adopt must be the fifth of 5 that they have made.

Staff are awarded 1 MYO ticket for every 6 adopts they make, which they are allowed to sell, use, gift, et cetera. Ticket placeholders will be set up in advance, for the sake of the masterlist, and the artist will be transferred the thread once they have created 6 adopts for public adoption.

The value of any MYO ticket sale or auction must not exceed a total of $40 usd. For the purpose of our rules, this is equivalent to 760 c$. There is no limit imposed on premade design OTA/auctions.
Last edited by ophanimera on Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⭐ Charmmings ⭐ wip species, DNP

Postby ophanimera » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:01 am

Current Species News

remaining to do:
backgrounds for adopts
- references selected

threads set up
fanclub - waiting until adopt 20 to set this up

discord finished (need to make emojis, otherwise finished)

promotional material produced
tumblr mobile banner & avatar
Last edited by ophanimera on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:21 am, edited 7 times in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:32 am

Last edited by ophanimera on Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:55 am

Events

none at the moment!

Stream Games

https://forms.gle/nfiAP1CGZxZFcdE87

Looking for responses to know which streaming platform(s) and times are ideal for people to participate in stream games!
Last edited by ophanimera on Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:56 am

shop

nothing for sale yet!

MYO ticket: 0 in stock
40 USD
OR
760 c$
OR
CS pets of equivalent value in c$
Last edited by ophanimera on Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⭐ Charmmings ⭐ open for marks [wip]

Postby ophanimera » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:57 am

Open for marking!
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⭐ Charmmings ⭐ marks OK, discord [wip]

Postby ophanimera » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:48 pm

The discord is now live!
See the first post for the invitation link.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⭐ Charmmings ⭐ marks OK, discord [wip]

Postby ophanimera » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:35 am

Charmmings 1 and 2 are currently open!

Charmming 1 ends August 31st at 0:01 ChickenSmoothie Time.
Charmming 2 ends September 1st at 0:01 CS Time.

ImageImage
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me