species concept for leafys comp by altiora

Based on Click to view
Artist altiora [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

species concept for leafys comp

Postby altiora » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:32 am

no clean lines, might add them later. as it may be used off-site, i can add clean lines in photoshop so you have an external file, if that will help.

i included several trait ideas within the file, so im adding you @leafy to colour in so you can see
(hairless, horned, feathered, wings, ear and weight edits)

some notes:
- in the bone note layer, i showed where the joints are. specifically, they could be considered to have two wrists and two knees. like cats, they have a hyperflexible spine. these creatures are like water, basically.
- they probably would have evolved in an alpine environment- strong and flexible legs, lots of fur around their core, four eyes to see through dense weather like snow, long fingers to grip onto rocks, etc. if you go down this route, it might be a common trait to have light and natural coloured fur.
- they could fish? sleek head and their feet are able to spread weight over snow, so they would be able to use them as fins or something.
- the plumes behind their ears dont have a use yet. they could be heat regulators, an extra sense, a way of communicating through scents, or just your basic external gills.
altiora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me