Tovi's Cover by Meoauniaea

Based on Click to view
Artist Meoauniaea [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tovi's Cover

Postby Meoauniaea » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:22 pm

Before I start--I'd like to apologize because I misread Tervuren as Malinois and got all excited about Malinois Masking. I love messing with that masking modifier and it's such a pretty look. Sorry about that!

Genetics for this guy:
Pheno: Extensive (Malinois) Masked Russet Liver Saddleback
Geno: k/k . b/b . D/d . As/As . E⁺/Em . ir/ir . Sl/Sl . S/S . g/g . m/m . T/t . F/F . N/N
Format: K . B . D . A . E . I . Sl . S . G . M . T . F. N
(Curious if that's okay for E, I'd consider E+ a modifier in this case and thus another Locus? Not sure. Same goes for Intensity/Chinchilla, that's kinda a grey area. A red area. A... yeah that's just asking for confusion isn't it LOL)
(I based my choice for T off the fact that S/S masks this from being visible, so it could be present and would only be known through breeding.)

Username ;; Syelfavaki
Position ;; (what type of artist) Ghost Artist for now
How often are you online ;; Daily
Will you be on the community discord ;; Will probably join it in a few minutes! joined!

Do you have past experience ;; I used to work for Kiuiis and a few others, but have not done anything recently. I don't feel like my skills have changed much, but my ability to edit lineart is very much not what it used to be, and I feel pulling up said examples would be... well, a bit showing off? Since I cannot replicate the edit levels anymore.
However, I've linked a few favorites from these species below.

Some of your favorite past designs ;; !!!
Dog with Roan
Liver-shaded sable, Irish, Roan
It's not a dog, but I'm a huge fan of Frame Overo and doing it is one of my favorite patterns.
A design with edits, this is a Kiuii. I sincerely wish the timer on this one was more wrong....
OKAY this is my favorite adopt I've ever made in terms of design, I saw the prompt and immediately claimed it. I really really adore this because the prompt literally made my head spin with ideas. The concept came out really nicely.
And last but not least, this is a "nothing else but my work" one I did, lines included. This is actually a character from an old project of mine. He's mute and plays the Ukelele.

What would you contribute to the staff team ;; An actual, "bona fide" geneticist with a gene discovery? IDK what I go for these days, to be honest, but I discovered a color gene's presence in a breed it was not previously known in. No, that's not a joke. Because going further would violate CS rules, I am only able to disclose the gene OR the breed, on request.

What are some of your strengths and weaknesses ;; (please be honest: if you struggle with some designs more than others, it is good to know for the future so you wouldn't get assigned a design you don't feel comfortable with)
My strengths include white patterns, ticking, and most A-locus patterns (Lighter Sables, Points, Saddlebacks, and Self). I enjoy doing Merle but I'm not the best with it, but it's something I'm really looking to work on improving.
My number one weakness is that I have trouble with the medium to darker reds. One of my medications causes some eye issues including colorblindness, and my monitor is 14 years old and the color definition isn't the best. My number two weakness is Agouti. I cannot seem to get it to look right. Same goes for Grizzle/Domino. They're genes I tend to avoid.

What is a situation where you would be biased/have trouble with ;; (please be honest: saying you have no bias is not the right answer here) Agouti, Grizzle, Domino. If I am doing nursery batches, I have a horrid tendency to reroll if I get one of those three genes. I really hate them because they're very difficult for me to do.

Any additional information / other ;; I love genetics and I really really would be down to to Nursery litters if they opened up, as I'm really fond of designing new adopts based on existing pairings. In fact, my normal designs often have "parents" I rolled the genetics for, before rolling for the design.

Another note, I alternate between about SIX sets of genetics monthly, so if you see any odd genes, it's worth poking me over. Chances are I switched systems a bit earlier in the day. These can range from 2004-era systems for dogs to 2019-era systems, and one is a custom system I've developed on my own.... so it really is like a box of chocolates. Are you going to get the proprietary Mal⁺ modifier gene? Are you going to get the hyper-realistic S³¹ᴬ⁻ gene? Are you going to get Dominant Solid White theory? Who knows. I don't. I probably won't even be able to tell you what my thought process was. Sometimes, I put a "-" for the second allele, this means it doesn't matter, but I'm trying to curb that habit. Usually seen after I'm writing help guides. If it's an "x", it was health genetics. I'm not trying to curb that one, it's just easier for pasting into Discord.

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me